A Little Piece Of Heaven

It's a beautiful place.

"You mean we actually get a bus this time?!" I said as I jumped excitedly.

"Hell yeah! We're doing good now." Matt said then climbed into the bus.

"I-I don't know what to think about this form of shock!" I said then ran inside. I bumped into Matt then pushed him out of the way.

"I want a top bunk!" Jimmy said then jumped into one.

Kerry stood at the bottom, her hands placed firmly on her hips.

"I'm not sleeping with you then. I'm not climbing up there every night." She said sternly. He smiled.

"You don't have to climb, I'll carry you." He said sweetly then jumped down and lifted her into the bunk. I laughed.

"Where are we sleeping?" I asked Brian. He shrugged his shoulders.

"Down there, across from Matt." He said, pointing at the bunk he wanted.

Is it just me or should it feel awkward sleeping across from my ex-boyfriend/best friend. With my husband?

I want to feel the way I did back then, with love in my heart.

---

"Coffee anyone?" Zack asked as he held the pot up.

"Make me some!" Johnny said. Treva rolled her eyes as she stumbled out of the bunk room, holding her cell phone in her hand.

"Johnny, Ivan wants to talk to you." She said as she handed him the phone. He took it from her.

There was a knock at the door and Jason walked in.

"Hello boys." He said in a cheap western accent.

"Hey." Jimmy said, his arms wrapped around Kerry.

"Ivy." Jason said coldly.

"Asshole." I replied.

"You know what, you're the biggest bitch this side of--" He began. I stood up and slapped him.

"Ohhh! You asked for that one." Matt said from the bunks.

"Goddamnit! Ivy. Calm down. I was just fucking with you! Jesus Christ!" He said as he held his hand over his cheek.

I sat down, still slightly pissed.

"Yo, check this out. Jason, while you were back in Huntington fucking little girls, Ivy was kicking Michelle's ass." Zack said as he handed Johnny his coffee.

"What?! She's pregnant now! Badass!" He said then held his hand out for me to give him a high five.

"Ah, she was fucking with the wrong person." I said as I slapped his hand.

"Hellz yeah!"

I laughed. Jason and I haven't spoke since my junior year of high school. He was dating Andy's 'girl', really it was the girl he was cheating on me with. But I told him how Andy treated me, Jason and Andy fought. And in the end Jason hates me cause he broke up with that chick and a whole bunch of shit.

I didn't mean to hurt him. I was trying to save him. That's why I adopted my new policy: if someones cheating on someone else, try to expose it, if that doesn't work...fuck it. All you can do is be there for them when they find out.

That's what I've done for Matt countless times.

As much as I hate to admit it. I miss high school...more than anything.

"You know what we have to do when we get home right?" Brian asked me.

I shook my head no.

"We have to move." He said, smiling widely.

"What?!"

"I got us a house with a pool."

"Oh my god! Are you serious?!"

"Hell yeah!"

"I love you!" I said then wrapped my arms around him.

"I love you too." He said then kissed me.

"Yeah, that's the same old Ivy and Brian." Jason said, laughing slightly.

I smiled smugly.

"Except we're married now." Brian said proudly.

I hate how he's so proud.