A Little Piece Of Heaven

I am aware I've been mislead.

Kerry looked over at me, through the corner of her eye and winked at me. She picked up one of the peanuts she had on her fold down tray and hurled it in front of her. It collided with the back of a middle-aged man. He slapped his hand back and felt around for what hit his neck. Kerry and I snickered and ducked down behind the seats in front of us.

My stomach lurched and I covered my mouth and ran into the bathroom. I barely made it before vomit was spewing from my mouth. Gross.

There was a light knock at the door.

"What?" I groaned.

I heard Kerry laugh then she opened the door, "Well...are you okay?" She asked as she leaned one shoulder against the door frame. I wiped the vomit from my chin and shook my head no.

She laughed, "If I had to guess, I'd say that someones expecting a little surprise."

"Don't even joke like that." I hissed. She laughed again.

"We'll get some tests on the way home." She said then escorted me back to my seat.

I spent the rest of the flight running from the bathroom to my seat.

--

"Alright...we have to wait five minutes. You should call Brian." Kerry said as she hoisted herself up on the counter.

I grimaced, but I knew it would make him happy. So I picked up my cell phone and exited the room. I dialed Brian's cell...no answer.

I tried Zack's phone. It rang...and rang...and Zack answered.

"Hello?"

"Zack! Is Brian there?!"

"He sure is."

"Can I talk to him?"

"Sure!" Zack said, I heard some shuffling in the background and Brian picked up.

"Hey baby!" He said happily.

"Hey..."

"What's wrong?" He asked. I heard Matt grumble something.

"I think I might be pregnant." I spat out. There was a loud thump.

"Sorry, I dropped the phone, What did you say?"

"Come on, you heard me."

"I'm so happy! Are you serious?!" He yelled.

"Dead serious."

"Oh my god!" He said, he was in the process of telling the guys when Kerry burst through the bathroom door, her hands held high in the air.

"Score one for the home team! You're fucking knocked up!" Kerry said, she was smiling from ear to ear.

"Are you serious, yo!" I yelled as I jumped in the air.

"Yes." She said. I threw the phone down on the bed and hugged her.

"Your man's still on the phone." She said.

"Oh yeah!" I said then let go of her and grabbed the phone.

"Brian?!" I asked.

"Zack!" Zacky said.

"Hey!"

"Dude! My little Ivy's having a kid! Oh my god! I cant believe it!" He said, in shock.

I laughed, "I cant believe it either."

"You want to talk to your man? I think he's gonna shit himself." Zack said through laughter.

"Yeah. I'll see if I can calm him down." I said.

"Ivy! Dude! I'm so excited!" Jimmy said. Apparently the phone didn't quite make it to Brian.

"Thanks, Jimmy." I said. Kerry's eyes lit up.

"Let me talk to him!" She mouthed as she jumped up and down.

I shook my head no.

She shook her head yes.

This went on for a little while before she tackled me and grabbed the phone.

"Jimmy!" She said then scrambled for the door. She ran/crawled into the bathroom and locked the door.

"Son of a bitch!" I yelled as I threw my hands into the air.

Minutes later Kerry walked out, she'd already hung up.

"Hello?! I wanted to talk to my husband!"

"Oh...yeah...sorry! He said he loved you! They had to go on." She said then threw my phone onto the bed.

"Shit."

"So...we got a lot to do don't we?" She asked as she sat down on the bed.

I shook my head, "Not really, Papa Gates is gonna help."

"Oh. Thank god."

"Did you ever notice that god backwards is dog?" I asked.

Kerry cocked an eyebrow, "Can you be anymore random, Ivy?"

"Sure!"

"Dork!" She yelled then hit me with a pillow.

"Stop!" I said then hit her back.

Over the years, these people have become my family. Hell, they are my family. There was a knock at the door. Kerry and I stopped fighting long enough to race each other to the door.

I answered it.

"My girl's pregnant!" Papa Gates yelled then picked me up and spun me around in a circle.

I laughed.

"I am!"

"She is!" Kerry said as she watched.

Mr. Haner kissed my forehead, "Now, you take it easy. Brian called and told me to watch out for you two, so you get your ass in the house and sit down." He said then pointed his finger inside the house.

I laughed then walked inside.

I don't really mind if I just fade away. I'm ready to live with my family, I'm ready to die in obscurity and I'm so tired but I gotta go...I'm still to tired to care.