A Little Piece Of Heaven

Bye, Bye Laura.

I tugged my 'fuck me it's Friday' shirt over my head and pulled my hair back into a pony tail. Today was my first doctors appointment. I was nervous.

Kerry honked the horn impatiently. I rolled my eyes and made sure I had everything in my bag. I slipped my flip flops on and got into the car.

"Jesus Christ, Ivy, how long does it take you to get ready?" She asked as she backed out of the driveway.

"Ah, I don't know." I said as I watched the tress pass us by.

Kerry sighed, "You know, Jimmy told me that Michelle had her baby. You could get a paternity test for it."

It was like all that action going on in her head wasn't useless knowledge.

"I'm gonna get Brian to do that."

"You should, knowing that whore it could be anyone."

I laughed, "Probably, wouldn't it be funny if it was Matt's?"

"The best." She added as she pulled into the clinic's parking lot.

"Can't we just go home?"

"No. You're gonna go in there and find out if your baby's okay." Kerry said then got out. She made sure I went in.

I registered with the lady at the front desk and sat down. The other mothers were shooting me shifty glances. I just ignored them.

"Mrs. Haner? You can come back now." The nurse said as she held the door open for me. I handed
Kerry my bag then followed the nurse down the hall.
--

"Did everything go okay?" Brian asked, he seemed nervous.

"It went fine, the baby's okay, in a few months we'll find out the sex."

"I cant wait. I hope it's a boy."

"Me too. Girls are too much hassle."

"You're such a caring parent." He joked.

I laughed, "Fuck you!"

"Did Kerry tell you Michelle had her baby?"

"Yeah, I think you should have a paternity test done."

"I will tomorrow. I just want to sleep tonight." He said.

"Tomorrow?"

"Yeah."

The doorbell rang.

"Hold on." I said then laid the phone down. I jogged into the living room and opened the door.

Brian was standing there, his cell phone to his ear.

I squealed then hugged him, he lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his middle.

"What are you doing here?!" I said excitedly.

"I came to see my wife." He said then kissed me.

"I'm glad you came home. I missed you so much."

"I missed you too, baby."

"Look at my belly!" I said then pulled my shirt up. There was a small bump.

He bent over and kissed it softly.

No woman alive could touch who you were.