A Little Piece Of Heaven

You're a failure.

As I listened to those words flow out of Kerry's mouth my world seemed to turn a dark shade of grey. I said goodbye to her then darted upstairs and to Matt's room.

"Matt...were you fucking Michelle?" I asked. He turned around quickly, the color drained from his face.

He nodded slowly.

"Well her baby is fucking yours. You get your fat ass up and go get your baby from that psychopath." I yelled as I pointed my finger towards the way out.

"No."

"Matt! That's a baby's life, your baby's life you're endangering. We both know she's fucked in the head."

He shook his head no and crossed his arms like a three year old.

"Come on, I'll go with you, how about that?"

He finally gave in.

-----

We paraded up to the door, Matt strutting and me waddling. She was living in a run-down trailer with plastic flamingo's planted in the front lawn. Matt knocked on the door and there was no answer, the baby was crying inside.

Matt glanced back at me his expression was panicky.

"Go in!"

He jiggled the door knob but it wouldn't budge.

"I'm going through the window." He picked up a rock and crashed it through the window.

We went inside, he grabbed the baby from the couch and held it close to his chest.

"It's okay, baby. Daddy's here." He said then gave me a push towards the door. As we went out side Michelle was coming up the walkway.

I went out first.

"What the hell are you doing?!" She yelled as she threw her keys on the ground and pulled her best 'spoiled teenager' impression.

"We're taking this baby, dumb-ass. You don't leave a baby all alone in a house while you go whore-hopping all over this damn country."

Face-off, yet again.

I'm sorry I'm in such a mess.

"Well, I see you got yourself knocked up. Don't you think that someone in such as mess, like you are, should be having a baby."

"Fuck you, Michelle. I haven't done anything that I didn't have to. So, when you're being escorted to prison for child abuse I'll be sitting at home with the man you almost had and the baby you wish you'd kept." I spat at her. Her eyes became wide with tears and she ran into the house.

I dusted off my hands and sighed, "All in a days work."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay.
This story is ending soon and there is a really cute little red-haired boy at the library. He's a cutie.
: ]
xx