Status: Well, no one on here is ever going to trust me again. I will, however, start reading through and fixing stories, then updating. And my goal is to be much, MUCH, more active...

Promise of Heaven

Time Flies

I was finally in my own house, my own room.
I put my bags down and rubbed my face. I needed to relax.
I grabbed some comfy clothes from my dresser and headed off to the shower.

I got out at about 5 pm. An hour in the shower, truly didn't feel that long. I trudged back to my room and just stood there for a moment. I didn't want to do homework... I didn't want to do anything. I'm glad we have a four day weekend coming up. Only two more days. And, having known about this, I asked for this week off at work. Completely free. That will be nice. I should tell Missy I'm going on a shopping trip out of town and I'm not going to be home until Sunday evening... I should just go on a shopping trip and stay out until Sunday. I've got some money saved up, I should just go have my parents rent a hotel for me, with my money, and go have fun. Relax.
“Hey mom!” I yelled out my door and into the hallway.
“I'm done here, honey!” She sounded like she was done in the kithen. 5 o'clock, no crap she'd be starting dinner.
“Hi mommy!” I smiled at her as I stepped into the kitchen.
“Hi honey!” She smiled warmly back. I was very grateful for my parents. When everybody else's mom and dad were cheating, divorcing, fighting, hitting, not married, seperating, or just... not good, mine were still amazingly nice and loving. Not only did they love me, with all they had, they were still completely in love with each other as well. And yet they were strict enough to be the most perfect parents. “How was school today?”
“Oh, it was good. Nothing too exciting happened. I almost ran over Missy, though.” I smirked at her. She had never liked Missy. She was nice enough to hold her tongue though, and just let me decide for myself. She was truly supermom.
“Oh, how sweet!” She giggled a little.
“School has a four day weekend this weekend and I took it off from work to relax. So I was hoping I could maybe go stay at a hotel and enjoy a little shopping spree or something. Would you and dad be able to reserve the hotel for me? I'll pay for it and everything, I just need an adult to reserve and I still have a few weeks being a kid.”
“Oh, you're going to be 18 soon! My baby's not a baby anymore.”
“She's still a baby! A big ol' baby!” Eric teased walking through the kitchen to the living room.
“Eric!”
“Mom.” He smiled. I had to giggle a little. I just love my brother, he's really a cool guy... don't tell him that, though.
“So is that hotel thing going to be okay?”
“Yeah, that'll be fine. Just give me the number to the hotel and everything. And hey, dad and I will pay for it. Just a little 'I love you' thing.”
“Thanks mom, I love you.”
“Good.” She said. “Now, go play with your brother or something, I've got to finish making this dinner.”
I did as I was told and went into the living room to watch television with my brother.
“So where ya going, kid?”
“Just out to shop and relax.”
“Fun. When ya going?”
“This weekend.” I told him.
“Well, hey! If you're thinking about the Pittsburgh area, I'm going there with a couple of friends. Leaving day after tomorrow. You're welcome to come. Unless... wait, is Missy going with you?”
“Hell no!”
“Cool. You and I should ride together, then, so the group has two cars. We can take mine. And then you won't be lonely and you'll have big brother protection!” With that last part, he decided to flex his muscles.
“Very impressive, Eric.” I said nodding my head. “I actually think I'd like to go with you. I still want my own room though.”
“No problem.” He smiled at me.
“I have to ask though, since when do you want to spend all this time with your sister?”
“Well, I was thinking... we haven't like.. just hung out, in forever! And now you're going to be 18 and I'm finally going off to college next year. I don't know, it's just crazy. It's seems like yesterday we were still going over to the Margera's all the time and playing with them all day.”
“Time flies. That's cool, you finally decided to go off to college. Where ya going?”

And with that we chatted the rest of the night away. Mom even let us just sit in the living room to eat dinner. She just thought it was so cute we were bonding. We talked until about nine o'clock and then played video games until midnight. I was starting to fall asleep, while we were playing, actually, so Eric wrestled me up to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I was rereading the old stories to make sure I didn't have a lot of mistakes and stuff, with names or whatever, and I saw on the second story how excited I was to have five subscribers.. now I have 36!!!! I'm so happy! Thanks guys!