Status: Well, no one on here is ever going to trust me again. I will, however, start reading through and fixing stories, then updating. And my goal is to be much, MUCH, more active...

Promise of Heaven

STD's

It was Wednesday afternoon, and last period for everyone today was an assembly in the gym. My class had been the first one's to get in there and we had all the bleachers to decide where to sit. I chose the very first area up halfway towards the back and close to the wall. The only one who was going to seek me out to sit by me was Missy and I was sort of hoping she just wouldn't be able to find me.
Classes kept piling in, it was about five minutes later, and still no Missy. It'd be harder to find me now, but like I said I was completely fine with that. I'm not, however, looking forward to her being pissy about it later, but I think I'll survive.
“Hey sweet cheeks, mind if I sit next to ya?”
“Hey Novak.” I always loved talking with him. “You better sit next to me!”
He smiled warmly... well as warm as he could and sat down. “I hate sitting next to no one and Bam's on a trip with his brother. So I'm glad I found you.” My face still burns a little every time Bam's name is mentioned. I'm not sure, anymore, that it's from hatred.
“They decided to get away for the long weekend?” I missed him a little. What difference did it really make, though, I was going to be out of town myself, tomorrow.
“Yeah.”
“Cool, I'm taking a little trip myself, leaving tomorrow, with my brother.”
“What the hell, Novak? You're in my spot!” Missy's voice just sends chills down my spine.
“Missy, he can sit next to me, what's your problem?” I said, rather irritated.
Her face turned red, I don't know if it was anger or embarrassment, but I'm sure it's because she's not used to me talking to her in the way I just did. “Well, where the hell do I sit?!” Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Novak shake his head. The look of his face seemed to say he just couldn't believe I was still friends with her. I knew he had never liked her, but nowadays he seemed to just really hate her. I could also see it in his face whenever she'd talk to Bam. It wasn't quite as hard as right now though.
“Just sit in front of us, or something. Or sit next to Novak.” He gave me a face when I said that. I had to smirk back at him.
“Okay, fine.” And she plopped right down next to him. He turned towards me and so she couldn't see him, and gave me a gagging face, while his hands were dramatically choking himself.

“I have to run to the bathroom. Save my spot, please?” Missy said, a couple of minutes later, breaking an awkward two minute silence, between the three of us. Students were still filing in.
“Yeah no problem.” I said.
As soon as Missy was out of ear shot, “Please! You have got to switch me seats!” Novak practically screamed. I giggled.
“Dude, I need a fucking break from her. You just stay sitting there.” He then proceeded to stand up and force himself between me and the wall. I held on to the bars as long as I could, but he eventually overpowered me.
“Bastard.”
With a laugh he responded, “Thanks, babe.” and gave me a kiss on the cheek. My glaring evilly was interrupted by my phone receiving a text.
“When the hell do you get out of school?” Eric texted.
“In about an hour, why? Mr. Impatience?”
“Yes.”
I just laughed and let it go.
“Texting your boyfriend?” Novak asked, I'm assuming because he was bored and the damn seminar still hadn't started.
“I don't have a boyfriend, you know that.” As soon as I was done saying that Novak pulled his phone out and started texting. “Girlfriend?”
He shook his head. “Bam.” I nodded. I didn't want to think about him now. Every time I did, I missed him more. But what, really, was the reason. I truly didn't understand. It wasn't like I was planning to see him or anything. I guess I was just starting to enjoy that I could randomly run into him. I was also starting to like that he might just randomly show up at my house.
“What the hell is this damn seminar for, and why the hell are we still waiting?” Novak was getting irritated, as was I. The students had stopped filing in, and I didn't know what this was about either. I just shook my head at him.

About another five minutes later the lights finally went dim and the big projector came down. A banner at the top read STD's. Fantastic.
Missy came running in right as the speaker started talking. She texted me after she sat down and thanked me for switching seats.

Forty five minutes later we were finally done. I offered a ride home to Novak, and Missy sighed irritated. He gave me a hug and whispered in my ear that he'd take that offer on a day the hag wasn't present. I told him okay and made way for my car. Missy in tow, of course.
I quick rushed her home and then rushed home to pack and take off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cool! Another comment and 39 subscribers. Thanks guys! Second chapter in two days, and I plan to post another tomorrow, Saturday, AND Sunday. I'm excited. I hope you guys are too.