Status: Well, no one on here is ever going to trust me again. I will, however, start reading through and fixing stories, then updating. And my goal is to be much, MUCH, more active...

Promise of Heaven

What Are Big Brothers For

I pulled into Missy's drive way and was waiting for her to stop talking about.. well, I wasn't really paying attention, but I was waiting for her to stop talking.
“So you wanna come in?” Missy was thoroughly confused as to why we were at her house. Usually, she talks and talks and talks until I find something for us to do, go to the mall, a movie, whatever. If all else fails we just go to my house and hang out for a while, but she knows the only time we go to her house anymore, I'm probably dropping her off.
“Um, I would love too, I haven't been over in forever, but I'm actually busy tonight, with my brother. Can I take a rain check?” I tried to say it as nicely as possible. I don't, however, want to tell her we're taking a trip. I'll break it to her through a text when I'm in Pittsburgh, otherwise, and I don't know how, but she'll figure out a way for me to miss it or be miserable while I'm on it.
“Oh, okay.” She sighed deeply, looked irritated, and went inside.
I realize I'm, like, her only friend, but it's her own fault for fucking everyone else over. Fuck, just fucking everyone over. I'm just nice enough to be stepped on.
“I'll text ya later, or something then,” she said as she grabbed her purse “maybe we'll hang out tomorrow?”
I nodded, “Yeah, totally, I don't think I'm doing anything.” I smiled.
“Okay!” She smiled and finally vacated my car.
I sighed, relieved, and started to get super exited for my trip.

“Okay, you ready kid.” I had just walked back into the house after loading all of my stuff up into Eric's car. I grabbed my bow of fruit roll ups, a water bottle, and kissed my mom goodbye.
“I'm ready!” I said to Eric. “Mom, can you tell dad again how grateful I am and that I love him.”
“Sure, sweetie, no problem.” She gave me a hug and made her way over to Eric. “Okay, you kids, drive safe, and please, call me when you get in the hotel.”
“We will mom.” I told her as I grabbed my last bag from the kitchen floor.
“Okay, have a great time, you guys!”

We had now been on the road for about an hour, it was around four o'clock and we still had another three and a half hours to go.
“So where are your friends? I thought they were coming with.” I had finally gotten sick of my magazine and turned down the radio to start to connect with my brother, that's what this weekend was about, anyways, right?
“They are there already, actually. They left yesterday. It wasn't planned, they just decided to take off and have an extra day.” He smiled at me.
“So do I know these friends?”
“Yes, actually you do.” He smiled at me again. I gave him a well-are-you-going-to-frickin'-tell-me look. “What?”
I scoffed. “Are you going to tell me who they are?”
“Jess and Bam.”
I shook my head and threw my hands up, a little, in frustration. I then decided to go back to reading my magazine.
“What's wrong?” Eric asked, smirking at me.
“I just... nothing. Nothing's wrong really. I guess I had a feeling this whole time it was going to be them. But it's good, I mean we just said the other night that we missed hanging out with them. So it's good..”
“What ever happened between you and Bam?”
“I don't know, really. He got different friends, I got Missy, we got into the whole, boys have cooties, girls have cooties thing... I really don't know, I guess, just grew apart.” I looked at my hands the whole time I was talking.
“That seems to make you a little sad.”
“I don't want to talk about this right now! I just, I don't know, lately... old little crushy type feelings I had for him are coming back and I... they're way stronger than I ever thought they could be.” Eric grew a smirk. “And I just... I can't believe I just told you all that.” I finished, shaking my head.
“Well, I'm glad you did, what are big brothers for?”
“Don't tell him.”
“What?” He was smiling in a bit of a, shall I say, freaky way. “Do you really think I'd do that?”
“Yes,” I was smiling now, too, “yes, I really think you would.”
“Oh, Malls, don't worry about it!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I've got to say, I'm really, really into this story right now. This chapter could have easily been continued, with what the next chapter is going to be, but it's getting late and I have to work early. Plus, I wanted to get this story out earlier, didn't have a chance, and just stoked to get another chapter out. There's a possibility I will post two chapters tomorrow, after I get off of work, but I will for sure get at least one chapter out tomorrow.
Hope you guys are enjoying it!