Status: Well, no one on here is ever going to trust me again. I will, however, start reading through and fixing stories, then updating. And my goal is to be much, MUCH, more active...

Promise of Heaven

Damn These Animals

It was nice to have a night to myself. I’ve been getting so sick of Missy lately. I know this is sick to say about your best friend from childhood... but I need to take breaks from her once a month. I already took my break this month, but I feel I need to lengthen it a bit... so I’ve been sick for a while.
It’s just like, she wants to hang out constantly you know? Which really wouldn’t be a problem, if I liked her better. She’s the best friend I’ve ever had... well, almost the only friend I’ve ever had, and I don’t even like her that much. I mean, if she wants something, I buy it for her. If we go somewhere, or hang out at all, we’re usually in my car. No gas money ever. When I first turned sixteen, got my car, and my job, it was cool to be able to treat my best friend to that stuff but now, two years later, it’s gotten old.
So I’m sitting at my house in my room trying to get my rat to stop eating her ‘vacation home’ and trying to get my cat to not eat my rat. Damn these animals. Reasoning isn’t helping at all. Runt doesn’t seem to care if it’s a vacation home, it’s cardboard, she’s going to eat it.
“You know? There’s no where to go even, and you’re really just taunting the cat... do you want to be eaten?” She looked at me, the first response I’ve gotten from her all night. I just smiled and went back to my homework.
“Why do you own a rat?”
I looked up. “Why are you in my house, again?”
“I came over here right after school, duh.” Stupid Brandon.
“It’s not like I pay attention to where you go after school!”
He smirked at me. “I was hanging with your brother, if you must know. I’m heading home now, your family is about to have dinner. Your mom suggested me giving my mom a call to see if she wanted to have you over tonight, apparently my mom hasn’t been able to stop talking about it. I called her, she said she definitely wanted you over, so now I’m asking you. Would you like to come over to my house for dinner?”
“I suppose.” I said.
“You suppose? You get to have dinner with the wonderful me, and you just suppose?!” He said, taking a couple steps into my room.
“Yep.”
“You never answered my question.”
“Should I have?” I said, dryly.
“You’re so pissy, even for you! What the hell’s wrong?”
I groaned and shook my head, nothing. And as if it was meant to be...
A chill runs up your spine and crawls into your brain...
Missy’s ring tone started going off.
I grabbed my phone from where it was sitting by me on my bed and I tossed it to the floor... apparently too close to Mr. Margera.
“Hello.” I looked up, he had fucking answered my phone and I couldn’t even get mad. I gave him an apathetic look and just watched him.
“Who the hell is this? Well, she is not able to come to the phone at the minute, that is why I fucking answered. Now what the fuck do you want? Tell me who you are and I’ll tell you who I am.” I smiled. Uptight Missy must just be enraged. “Now, now young lady, no need to curse. Well, you’re a twat.” And he hung up.
“That was Missy, you know?”
“Yeah, I know. But it was fun. I don’t care much for her, really. Quite stuck up...”
“You flirt with her all the time.” He was now back to my doorway, sticking my phone in his pocket. He looked up towards me, with a weird twinkle in his eye, put on his smirk.
“You coming or what?” And he took off down the hallway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not quite a filler, but sort of. Gets us to dinner anyway. The next chapter (dinner) will probably be a bit boring, unless someone wants to send suggestions? You will get total credit, I swear.
This update was also a bit of a Easter gift, so I hope you enjoy.
I feel as though this story is moving a bit fast, no? Anyways, I don't know if I'll make it to twenty chapters, but there will certainly be more than ten.
I'm also starting to plan another Bamfic, so if anyone would want to cowrite or something... let me know :D
Thanks for everything everybody!