Status: Well, no one on here is ever going to trust me again. I will, however, start reading through and fixing stories, then updating. And my goal is to be much, MUCH, more active...

Promise of Heaven

Dinner

April made an amazing dinner and the five of us sat around enjoying it. I caught up with Phil and April, Jess and I goofed off, but Bam was pretty quiet.
When I thought nobody was looking, I gave a piece of ham to Guy. I looked up and Ape had caught me, she just smiled. I really missed her.
We had ate our fill and the boys took off, where I have no idea, Guy went with them though, much to my disappointment.
“Well office work to be done.” Phil stood up, wiped his mouth with his napkin, and proceeded upstairs.
“May I help you clean up, April?” I asked.
“I'd love that!”

After taking all the dishes to the kitchen and getting them in the soapy water, April start washing while I rinsed and dried. We got through the lot in a very comfortable silence, exchanging a few smiles, and put the dishes away.
“So how's the love life, Mallie?” April warmly smiled at me.
“Ha! Nonexistent!” I said, sipping my cocoa. We're now sitting at the kitchen island, each with a cup of cocoa in hand.
“Well, you're only seventeen, plenty of time to find Mr. Right. Bam hasn't been that lucky in love, either. Just girls he's brought to dances, nothing special.” She gave me another warm smiling. This time, though there was a hint of something in it. Something I couldn't really detect... but I know it was there.
“Hey Loser!” Bam called, walking into the room. “Want a ride home now?” I nodded.

The cool air hit again, a bit crispier this time. I shivered.
“Want to borrow a sweater?” Bam kindly asked.
“If I could.”
Instantly, when he handed it to me, the strong scent of the last cologne he put on, while wearing it, overpowered me, almost bringing to my knees... he noticed.
“You okay?”
“Tired.” I answered, giving a weak smile. Shit, me.
We got in the car and started the ride home.
“So what did you and Ape talk about?” He questioned.
“Well, before you so rudely interrupted, she asked me about my love life and I fave her the juicy details.” I smiled. He turned a quick shade of pink, eyes getting slightly dimmer, and sat quiet for a moment.
“It took you guys an hour to talk about that?”
“Well, I'm just so popular in the sack!” He looked at me, doubting.
“You're a virgin.”
I gawked at him. “How the hell do you know?” I said, folding my arms over my chest.
He smirked. “I can always tell my virgins.”
I glared. “Well, we did talk about my love life. My nonexistent love life. But then April mentioned, you never having a serious girlfriend either... so I'd say, there's more than one virgin in this car.”
He did his damn smirk again (not sending butterflies shooting through my tummy....) and turned the music up.

The ride went by in no time and I was soon at my house.
“Thanks for the ride and everything, Bam. I'll see you at school tomorrow.” I said as I started getting out of the car. “Oh shoot! Here's your sweater.”
“Ah, don't worry about it. You still got walk inside, just give it to me tomorrow or something.” He left my drive way.
I stood there standing for a minute or two, cuddling up in the sweater.
When I got inside I went straight up to my room and went right to sleep. Breathing in sweet Bam scents as I drifted into dreamland.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm thinking, update tomorrow? I actually have the next two in my head and I think I can get one written up tonight, and another before work tomorrow. I'm excited.
This, right now is my favorite story, that I have going. So it'll probably be updated more frequently than the others.