Mixed CD's

Texas BayBay

Texas Baybay
1)Twist in my Story-Secondhand serenade
2)Franklin-Paramore
3)This is for Keeps-The Spill Canvas
4)Deep In The Heart of Texas-George Strait
5)This is Our Town-We The Kings
6)And I Told Them I Invented Times New Roman-Dance Gavin Dance
7)Semi-Charmed Life-Third Eye Blind
8)Stay Out-Hit The Lights
9)Break Out! Break Out!-All Time Low
10)Lazy Eye-Sliver Sun Pickups
11)Get Up-Mayday Parade
12)Tik Tok-KE$HA
13)Lemon Meringue Tie-Dance Gavin Dance
14)God Bless Texas-Alan Jackson

__________________________________________________________________
Tears welded up in my mother’s eyes as I stood before her “Are you sure that you really want to move down there?” she asked, biting her lip.

“Yeah Mom,” I frowned, “I need to start over. But it’s not like I’m not going to call or anything,”

“I know,” she whined, pulling me into yet another hug, “I was just hoping that you’d be like your brother and not move away until you were forty,” I hugged her tightly, not wanting to let go, but I knew that I had to start driving soon., “And I really wish that you would have taken a plane, that car isn’t going to last very long.”

“Hey! Melvin and me are homies!” I protested, placing my hand on my old car, “He’s driven me everywhere that I needed to be. I’m sure he’ll take me to Texas too. The only reason why taking a plane crossed my mind is because I don‘t want to leave Starbucks behind. He‘s the best cat ever, but I guess it‘ll be better for him to stay in Wisconsin…” She nodded and let out a sigh and stepped back so that I could say goodbye to my best friend.

“Jiminy!” he cried out, throwing his arms around me, “Gah! I cannot believe that you’re moving out of Wisconsin before I am.” he pouted, crossing his arms.

“I know, Dylan,” I laughed, biting my lip. It’s so insanely hard to say goodbye to him.

“You better FaceBook me,” he said, poking my shoulder.

“I hate FaceBook,” I replied, “But I’ll FaceBook you as soon as I set my laptop up,”

He smiled and hugged me again “You better have fun out there,”

I hugged him back and nodded my head, “I’ll try my hardest.” We stood together for a few minutes, every single memory that I had with him flew through my head as if I were dying and a tear slid down my cheek a we let each other go.

“Jimmie, you need to call me when you get to the hotel, and every time you stop,” Kelly said squeezing me tight.

“I will Babe,” I said, holding onto her a little longer. When we let go of each other I moved to my friend Janine and hugged her shorter frame, promising to at least text her when I got the chance before moving on to my other best friend Tyler.

“Geeze Jimmie, I honestly can’t believe you’re not going to be playing with me at church on Sunday,” he said as he hugged me tightly.

“Don’t suck to much,” I joked, punching him lightly on the arm, “We all know your bass could use some work,”

“I’ll try not to,” He laughed shoving his hands in his pockets.

I smiled a little before hugging him again, “Ah, I’m making myself not want to leave,” I said into his shoulder.

“Don’t do this to yourself Jimmie,” He said, placing his hands on my shoulders and looking at me at arms length. I cast my eyes to the floor and avoided his gaze and he pulled me in for another hug, “You’re going to do great in Texas,”

“I know,” I said, hugging him tightly, “I’m going to miss everyone,”

Lauren, Tyler’s girlfriend, engulfed me in a hug, rocking me back and forth as we both cried a little. “Lauren, I’m going to miss you so much!” I cried, clinging to her, “How am I going to steal you away from Tyler down in Texas?”

She laughed while Tyler glared at me, “I don’t know Dear, we’ll have to plan something out,”

My dad was the last person that I said goodbye to, when he should have been the first.

“I’m going to miss you Daughter,” he said as he hugged me. We both were crying so hard, I don’t think I’m going to be able to drive for at least half an hour.

“I’m going to miss you too Daddy,” I whispered, letting go of him and wiping my eyes as he wiped his.

“Look what you do to me,” he laughed, “You better get going,” he said, pushing me slightly towards the car.

“You’ll be the first I call,” I promised him, wrapping my arms around his shoulder again before walking away and sitting in my car. I turned around and moved a few boxes and pushed the necks of my guitar and bass down before reversing out of my old driveway.
I had to force my eyes to stay on the road, and not on my friends as I turned the corner and made my way to Texas. With a shaky sigh I pressed play on my radio and smiled to myself as Twist in My Story by Secondhand Serenade loudly played through my car.

Goodbye Wisconsin, Goodbye Jason, Goodbye High School. I won’t be coming back to stay.
♠ ♠ ♠
My new Caleb Turman story.
God, I'm in love with him.