Mixed CD's

Come Home!

Come Home!
1. Calling You-Blue October
2. Island-The Starting Line
3. The Mixed Tape-Jack’s Mannequin
4. Rock Show-Blink 182
5. Human Nature-Michael Jackson
6. Marvelous Things-Eisley
7. My Heart-Paramore
8. At Last-Etta James
9. In Your Arms-HelloGoodbye
10. Dark Blue-Jack’s Mannequin


“So, how did your gig go?” My mother asked me over the phone.

I smiled to myself, “It went well. I got asked to do another wedding, in two days.”

“That’s good dear.” she said, her voice trailing off. I sighed, knowing that she had other things to do, but then again, so did I.

“Well ma, I should probably go. I have to be at the airport in an hour..” I mumbled, twirling my hair around my index finger.

“Oh, yeah, that’s right. When do we get to meet Caleb?” she asked, all of a sudden interested in me.

“Uh, I’m not sure Ma, I’ll ask him when I see him. Okay?” I answered, biting my lip.

“Make sure it’s soon. I want to see who my daughter is dating. Make sure he’s okay.” I dropped my hair and rolled my eyes.

You sure did a good job with Jason…

“Okay mom.” I said, “I need to get ready though.” I looked down at my body, which was only covered by my bra and panties.

“Oh, yeah. Okay, I love you.”

“Love you too.” I replied, “Talk to you later.”

“Bye.”

I quickly hung up the phone and threw it down onto my bed before, going over to my closet. I shuffled through my clothes a few times, letting out an impatient groan when I couldn’t find anything I wanted to wear from the sea of color.

“You okay?” Ben asked from the doorway. I looked over and he had his eyes cast down to the ground.

I shook my head “Is Katie here? She normally is.” I replied, looking through my clothes again.

“Uh, no she had to work today. Can you put something on please?” he asked, running a hand through his light blonde hair.

I sighed, “That’s my problem! I have to go pick up Caleb and I can’t find anything to wear!” I exclaimed, pulling at the ends of my hair.

“Didn’t you just buy a dress?” he offered, “Wear that.”

“You think it’ll be good? I want to go look really good for him.” I said, pulling the dress off it’s hanger and slipping it on. I looked at myself in the mirror, my head tilting to the side.

Ben looked up at me with a slight smile touching his lips. “Jimmie, he’ll think you look pretty no matter what. Trust me.”

I smiled at him, “Okay Ben, thanks.” I played with the necklace that Caleb gave me before slipping on some flats. I fiddled with my hair, pushing my burgundy bangs to the side and trying to keep it down in the back. “Think I should head down to the airport now?” I questioned after I gave up.

“He doesn’t get here for another hour…” Ben said, stopping himself from turning away. He looked at me, his blue eyes questioning.

“Well, it’ll take half an hour to find the place and then I dunno. I’m gonna go now.” I decided, running around my room and gathering my bag and book before kissing Ben’s cheek and galloping down the stairs.

“Call me if you need anything!” Ben’s voice called as I shut the front door. I dug into my purse to find the keys and unlocked the car. I looked at myself in the rear view mirror and sighed.

“It’s going to be awesome.” I told myself while starting the car with a smile. “Calm down before you puke, dumbass.” A small laugh escaped my lips as I reversed out of the driveway. I turned up the radio which was playing the cd that I made the day before and song softly along with Blue October.

I followed the directions that Caleb had told me the night before with glee, my stomach giving a nervous lurch every few minutes. Sooner than I had expected I was in the parking lot of the airport. I sat in the car for a few moments- Caleb’s cologne was still lingering around, mixed with the scent of my perfume.

I let out a slow sigh, killed the engine, grabbed my purse and left the car. My hands shook with excitement as I pressed the lock button on my way into the building. I walked aimlessly through the halls, bypassing people who were in a much greater hurry than I. when I finally found the terminal where Caleb would be returning I sat down. I took a deep breath and smiled widely to myself, looking up at the black and white clock that was placed directly in front of me.

My boyfriend would be back in forty minutes!

I had to keep my excitement down as I grinned to myself. I reached into my purse and pulled out Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and opened to the page that I had left off on. My eyes could barely stay on the pages of the familiar story, I kept glancing up at the clock which was moving so slowly I could have sworn it was broken.

I had read maybe five pages when I finally heard “Flight 64 from New York is now landing.”

A huge smile erupted onto my face and I shoved my book back into my bag, quickly standing up. I looked towards the gate, impatiently waiting for Caleb and the guys to come. I was wringing my hands over the strap of my purse, and rocking back and forth on my heels.

It felt like an hour before I finally saw some platinum blonde hair bobbing next to a ginger. My breath was lost from my body as I waited for him to see me. I could see all the guys now and a big smile filled my face.

“Jonathan!” a voice next to me called, I looked over to see a woman in her fifties and smiled. The shorter male quickly looked in her direction and smiled, walking towards her and throwing his arms around her in a hug.

“Hey Mom!” he greeted, kissing her cheek. His eyes quickly caught mine as he released her. “Hey Jimmie! Caleb’s been really excited to see you.”

I smiled and opened my mouth to reply but was picked up off the ground and spun around. I laughed loudly as I was placed back down on the ground and turned to face who had picked me up. Caleb was smiling down at me, his hands loosely holding onto my waist.

“Hello Boo.” he smiled, kissing me softly. I eagerly kissed him back, pulling away a few seconds later.

“Hello Love.” I grinned, wrapping my arms around his neck. He pulled me closer to him and I rested my head in his neck, laughing as he lifted me up again. I wrapped my legs loosely around his waist and kissed him again. “I’ve missed you.” I mumbled against his lips.

“I missed you more.” he challenged with a spark in his eye.

“Liar.” I responded, playing with the orange hair at the base of his neck. He lightly tapped my butt causing my eyes to go wide “Caleb Michael!” I exclaimed.

“That’s what you get for calling me a liar.” he chuckled, tightening his grip to keep his hold on me.

Someone cleared their throat from next to us. Caleb blushed a deep red and softly placed me back onto the ground. I turned around and looked at the guys who were all standing there laughing at us. I too blushed a deeply, but still allowed Caleb to wrap his arm around my middle.

The guys were joined by a bunch of girls. I awkwardly stood there looking at each of them. Finally, the woman who called Jonathan’s name spoke. “Hi dear, I’m Julie, Jonathan’s mom.”

“Hello, I’m Jimmie.” I politely said, reaching my hand out to her.

“Oh, don’t be silly now,” she laughed reaching out and pulling me away from Caleb, “we hug around here.” she said, tightly embracing me. I laughed a little and hugged her back.

When she let me go a girl with blonde hair quickly stepped forward, “I’m Bonnie, Marc’s fiancée.” she smiled, also wrapping me in a hug. I mumbled a hello into her hair before she pulled away.

“I’m Morgan.” the next girl spoke, she had brown hair and was also quick to develop me into a hug. “Marc and Kyle’s sister.”

I smiled at them all and Caleb as quick to wrap his arm around me again after Natalie, another brunette and Austin’s girlfriend had said her hello. I rested my head back against Caleb’s shoulder and my arm around his middle, slightly clinging to him.

“Well, we should probably get home. I have to take my girlfriend out on our first date.” Caleb said, reaching down at grabbing his carryon.

Everyone said their goodbyes, each leaving with the person who had come to pick them up and setting off to home. Caleb intertwined his fingers with mine as we headed out to his car.

“Do you want me to drive, or should I?” he asked once his car was in view.

“You can.” I smiled, “I want to be driven around for a while.” I grinned, tapping his behind and quickly going to the passenger side.

“So, you can hit my butt, but I can’t hit yours?” he questioned, leaning against his car and refusing to unlock it.

“Sounds around right.” I grinned, mimicking him and resting my arms on the top.

“Careful, you might set off the alarm.” he smirked, holing up his keys.

“Don’t you dare.” I said, standing up straight, “That would be so embarrassing!”

He just shook his head and chuckled. “I would find it amusing.”

“Can we go please?” I responded, “I thought you had to take your girlfriend out on your first date.” I grinned.

“Hm, I was hoping you didn’t hear that.” he mumbled, “I have absolutely nothing planned.”

I laughed, “Can we just go to my house and watch movies? That actually sounds perfect.”

He unlocked his car with a grin, “That really does sound perfect.”

I quickly opened my door and slid in while he placed his bags and guitar into the back seat. My body turned and I watched him as he moved everything around, trying to make everything fit before sneaking back out and slamming the door shut so all of his possessions didn’t fall onto the floor. I giggled as he clambered into the front seat, still watching him as he started the car.

“You laughing at me?” He asked, letting Jack’s Mannequin play softly in the background.

“So what if I am?” I shot back, trying to glare at him through my smile.

He shook his head. His red hair which grew a little since the last time I saw him, flew a little “This means war!” he exclaimed, reaching over and tickling me. I laughed loudly and tried to grab his hands. As soon as he realized what I was doing, he had both of my hands in one of his and held them above my head.

“Someone is going to think you’re raping me!” I exclaimed as I let out another loud squeal.

Caleb stopped immediately. “Well, now that you said ‘rape’ they will.” he pouted. I quickly sat up and kissed him.

“You’re not tickling me anymore and that’s all that matters.” I grinned, pulling my hands free from his and moving a strand of hair from his face. He smiled softly and kissed my palm before leaning back into his seat. I reached over and took his hand while he reversed out of the parking lot and down to the freeway.

“So, what did you do while I was gone?” he asked, his thumb lightly tracing circles on my hand.

“Not much really. Hung out with Danielle and Katie a lot. Worked, tried to find more work. Talked to you, drove around putting about a gazillion miles on your car.” I answered, my eyes looking out the window. “How was tour?”

“It was great. I missed you a ton though.” he said, giving my hand a squeeze. I could feel his eyes on me and I turned to look at him. His light brown eyes bore into mine and I smiled.

“You need to look at the road Love. I don’t want to die, I just got you back.” I said, lightly pushing his face towards the road, just in time for him to hit the breaks.

“I guess you’re right.” he chuckled, bringing the car to a stop. “What movie do you want to watch? Should we go rent something?”

“Yeah sure, either that or Harry Potter. A new one just came out!” I exclaimed with a big smile. “Will you go see it with me? I mean, I have already, but I’m sure you haven’t, and I so wouldn’t mind watching it again. I love me some Harry Potter.”

He laughed and nodded. “Yeah, whatever you want Boo.”

I grinned and kissed his cheek before he drove off, taking a left turn instead of going straight to my place. Soon, enough we had our visit to the video store done and were pulling into my driveway. Ben was just leaving as we drove in.

I waved to him as I got out of the car, and he waved back before speeding down the road. “Well, it looks like we’ll have the place to ourselves.” Caleb mused, shutting his car door quietly.

“Guess so.” I said, skipping up to the front door. “I’ll go make some pop corn and get drinks, why don’t you get some blankets and start the movie?” I said, turning to go to the kitchen.

“Okay Boo,” he said, pulling me to him quick and giving me a small kiss. I smiled to myself while setting off to the kitchen, where I rummaged through the cupboards until I found the box of popcorn. I quickly placed a package into the microwave and started it before grabbing cups down from the counter and filling them with soda and ice.

I was humming to myself while waiting for the microwave to beep when I saw Caleb walk past with his arms full of blankets, that by the look of it came off every bed in the house.

“Caleb, what are you doing?” I laughed, following him into the living room.

“Go back in the kitchen!” he exclaimed, dropping all the blankets onto the floor. Ange was quick to take up the opportunity and jumped on top of the pile, curling herself into a ball.

I gasped, looking at him. “You’re one of those types of guys?”

He smirked, “You know it. Now get out of here Woman!” he yelled, pointing towards the kitchen.

I put my hand on my hip. “Excuse me?” I asked, quirking an eyebrow.

“Oops.” he mumbled, walking over to me. “Come on Boo, you know I was kidding.” he said, wrapping an arm around me and kissing my forehead.

I smiled, “I know. Now what are you doing with all the blankets? I was hoping for just one and some good cuddling!”

“It’s a surprise baby!” he said, turning me around and lightly slapping my bottom.

“What is it with you and my butt?! And I hate surprises!” I exclaimed, throwing my hands up.

“Well, I like your flat butt.” he said, making me shake my head and interrupt him.

“You’re not supposed to say its flat, remember?” I pouted, crossing my arms.

He chuckled, “Baby, I like your perfect butt. Okay? Now go back in the kitchen so I can finish your surprise that you’re getting whether you want it or not. And I will know if you’re peeking and be very upset.”

I sighed, “Fine, fine. I know when I’m not wanted.” I sauntered off back to the kitchen where the microwave was beeping. I pulled out the popcorn and poured it into a bowl and salted it before throwing a few pieces into the air and catching them with ease into my mouth.

“This is boring!” I yelled after five minutes. “I’m going to eat all of the popcorn and get fat!”

“Then just make some more!” he yelled back. “I’m almost done in here!”

I stuck my tongue out in his direction before throwing another bag of popcorn into the microwave and waiting for him to get done. I was just about to pull out the hot bag when he wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck, causing me to blush deeply.

“All done Boo.” he whispered, holding me tight.

“Good.” I giggled, turning around to face him. He quickly took the opportunity to plant a kiss on my lips. I kissed him back eagerly, placing my arms around his neck. He tightened his grip around my waist before picking me up and placing me on the counter. I smiled into the kiss and he quickly placed his tongue in my mouth. I gasped a little at this but stayed with him, pulling his face a little closer to mine. Our tongues battled for control, and we stayed connected until the microwave beeped again, causing me to jump and almost bite him.

He pulled away and smiled before kissing my nose and helping me off the counter. “You’re really cute.” he whispered into my ear as I got the popcorn out of the microwave and poured it into the bowl.

“You’re quite cute yourself Mr. Turman.” I replied, handing him his drink while I grabbed the popcorn and mine. “The candy is in the living room right?” I asked. My cheeks were still a little flushed from our kiss. He nodded his head and lead the way into the living room where he had built a huge blanket fort.

“Do you like it?” he questioned, turning to face me.

“This is perfect!” I exclaimed, climbing into it.

He laughed, but followed me. My pillows were on the floor, along with a few extra blankets both for support and to cover up with. On the tv was the main menu for Thirteen Ghosts, a movie that I knew scared me.

“Oh, the only thing I’m missing is my teddy bear.” I said, looking around.

“I can be your teddy bear.” Caleb answered, pulling me to his side.

I smiled up at him, “Okay Teddy Bear. Lets start the movie.” I said, giving him a kiss. He pressed play one it ended and laid back. I fell down with him and rested my head on his chest. “It’s good to have you home Caleb.” I whispered, tracing circles on his chest.

“It’s good to be home Boo.” he replied, kissing the top of my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
I must say..YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME! Did any of you know that this story has NINE STARS?! I am GEEKING OUT right now! :D

I hope you liked the chapter (It's almost nine pages!), and hopefully there will be a new one up soon.

And when you're done commenting you should check out my other story about FTSK called We'll Feel So Alive. I write it with my good friend Sara, you won't regret reading it! I promise that!