Mixed CD's

Calebkinz

Calebkinz
1. Today-Smashing Pumpkins
2. I Do Not Hook Up-Kelly Clarkson
3. Heartless-Kanye
4. Crank That-Soulja Boy
5. Becky Starz- Forever the Sickest Kids
6. Poker Face-Lady Gaga
7. Semi-Charmed Life-Third Eye Blind
8. Boom Boom Pow-Black Eyed Peas
9. See You Again-Miley Cyrus
10. Don’t Trust Me 3OH!3
11. Waking Up In Vegas-Katy Perry
12. Fireflies-Owl City


“Wow, I’ve never been here before.” I admitted as I slid into a booth across from Caleb.

“Not many people know about it,” he answered, handing me a menu. I took it from him with a smile. “I didn’t know you worked at church.” he said as his eyes scanned over his own menu.

“I normally do the children’s service.” I replied, licking my lips before looking up at him. He was staring intently down at the plastic before him, some of his red hair lay in his face. A small hint of a smile was apparent on his face as he quickly looked up at me.

“What?” he questioned, placing his menu down in front of himself.

“Nothing,” I answered, “I just never thought I’d be hanging out with you. I mean.” I shook my head to stop me from embarrassing myself.

He cleared his throat and sat up straight. “Do you know who…Forever The Sickest Kids is?” he asked, trying to avoid eye contact.

“I’ve heard of them. But nothing more than a few songs. Catastrophe and Becky Starz. Why?” I asked, smiling as the waitress came up.

“Can I help you?” she asked, looking from me to Caleb. Her eyes seemed to brighten up.
He quickly ordered his food and then looked at me to do the same. I placed my order and then waited for her to leave before looking back at him.

“So, why would that matter? You won’t still be my friend if I like Forever the Sickest Kids?”
He chuckled and looked back at me “It’s not that…do you know what they look like perhaps?”

I blinked and gave him a confused glance, “I don’t normally get that much into a band. I mean, a few here and there, Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, uh, Foo Fighters, Third Eye Blind, but beyond that I don’t really look at them unless their picture is their cover art. Which is cheesy.”

He laughed and nodded his head. “Yeah, I know what you mean.”

“Is there any reason that I should know what they look like? Am I going to fall madly in love with one of them?” I chuckled.

“Here you go,” the waitress said, placing our drinks down in front of us. I smiled in thanks while I took my cup from her. She quickly turned and left, going over to talk to one of her friends.

“Well, there’s just this one guy in the band, he’s just such a jerk. Honestly, he gives red heads a bad name.”

I laughed “okay. Okay. So you’re telling me you have this beef with this guy in a famous band? You ever met him before?”

“You could say that,” he mumbled, looking down at his drink before slowly sipping it. I just shook my head and decided to ignore his weird behavior.

“You are a horrible person!” I said as I slammed the passenger door shut and buckled my seatbelt as Caleb sped out of the parking lot.

“They won’t care,” he answered, as he quickly turned down the street. I couldn’t help but to laugh as I made a mental note to come back and pay them later. “What do you want to do?” he asked as he turned the radio on.

“I don’t care,” I answered, lightly singing along with Kelly Clarkson.

“Your musical taste blows my mind,” he laughed.

“That’s what he said.” I answered, blinking at him.

“Did you really just say that?” he questioned, taking his eyes off the road for a second.

“Yep.” I answered, pushing his face towards the road, “Please don’t kill us. I’m obligated to do the afternoon service on Wednesday.” I joked.

He chuckled “Would you still be my friend if I didn’t look at the road while driving?”

“No,” I answered, cracking my knuckles. “I’d be too scared that you or I would die. Therefore I would always have to drive to come pick you up to hang out. And I’m out of a car right now, so no. Caleb, I would not be your friend.”

“At least you’re honest,” he laughed and pulled into his sub division, he slowed down and waved to a few of his neighbors before pulling into his driveway. “Wanna go chill and watch a movie?”

“Only if I get to pick.” I replied, unbuckling my seat belt.

He pouted, but nodded his head and lead me into his living room. He nodded at his roommate who was leaving, not bothering to introduce me. “That’s Jonathan,” he said once we go into the living room “you’ll meet him later.”

I just nodded my head and knelt in front of his DVD collection. With a grin on my face I pulled out Harry Potter, “I don’t care what you say, I haven’t seen these movies in forever.”

He just laughed and pulled the case out of my hand, quickly putting the movie in the DVD player and sitting down on the couch. I sat down kind of near him, and pulled my knees to my chest, “Would you still be my friend if I was this big Harry Potter nerd and knew all the words?” I asked as the opening credits started.

“Well, it’s certainly not a deal breaker.”

“Good. Because I do.” I answered, locking my hands around my knees as I pulled them to my chest.

“Seriously?” he asked, shock in his voice.

“No.” I laughed, “Now shush, I want to see the magic happen!”

“Do you wanna watch the second one?” Caleb asked as he ran his fingers through my hair.

I turned and looked at him, “Nah. I should be getting home.” I stretched my arms above my head.

“Oh, okay.” he nodded his head, stretching also. I leaned against the back of the couch. “I thought we were leaving,” he chuckled, wrapping his arm around my shoulder again.

I grinned at him “that involves moving, and now I’m tired.” I answered with a yawn.

He stood up and offered me a hand, “come on, let’s get you home.” I grabbed his hand and let him pull me to my feet. I laughed as he caught me, holding me steady and looking down. His face was less than an inch away from mine. I blushed as I moved my face “Would you still be my friend if I told you that I’m not looking for a relationship?” I mumbled, pushing his hands from my waist and taking a step back.

I looked up to see him blushing also “Yeah. Of course.” he said, reaching down and grabbing his blackberry and car keys. “Let’s go.”

“Okay.” I said, following him out of the house.

“Watch the road!” I laughed, pointing towards the red light. “I’m going to die!” I laughed.

“You’re not going to die!” he exclaimed, “Do I keep going straight or do I turn?”

“Uhm,” I peered out the window, “Keep going straight…I think.”

“You think?” he laughed, going straight. “We’re going to get lost.”

“Oh, whatever!” I said, lightly slapping his arm, “Turn right up here.” I said, looking down at my hands, which I had in the shape on an L and a backwards L. He flipped his directional on and drove down my street. “There!” I yelled, pointing at mine and Ben’s home.

Caleb chuckled and pulled into the driveway. “We’ll…I’ll catch ya later?” He asked as I unbuckled my seat belt.

“Come inside, I want to make you a mix.” I told him, getting out of the car. He followed me as I opened the door “Ben! I’m back!” I yelled, kicking off my shoes. Caleb did the same and followed me to my room.

I turned my lap top on and turned to look at Caleb, “Nice room,” he commented once he noticed that I was looking at him. I sent him a smile before typing my password in.

“Yeah, Ben did it for me before I got here. Worlds best cousin much?” I said, turning back to face him. He reached down and scratched Ange behind her ears.

He nodded his head and hummed slightly. “I’m not really a cat person,” he said as he scoped Ange into his arms and cuddled her to his chest, “but this one is cute.”

“Ben got her for me,” I mumbled, walking over and scratching her behind her ears. “I wasn’t so sure about moving here, but…I just had to get away from everything back home.”

He looked at me with sad eyes “Want to talk about it?”

“Not now.” I replied with a laugh, quickly turning away. “I’m going to make you your mix and then take a shower. Whether you’re still in my house or not.”

He chuckled, “Okay.”

“You can sit on my bed, or whatever. Entertain yourself.”

He nodded his head as his red hair bounced slightly. “Can I play your guitar?”

“Sure, go for it.” I called over my shoulder as I opened up my media player and quickly started searching for songs. “You are going to love this mix.”

He laughed “Don’t put any crap on there.” he responded.

“You’ll be used to everything that’s on the radio in a matter of hours after listening to this mix.” I told him as I placed a blank cd into my computer. He groaned as he strummed quietly. I smiled at the sound, listening intently as he played. “Did you write that yourself?” I asked grabbing the cd from my computer and a marker before turning towards him, sitting so my chest was on the back of my chair.

“Yeah,” he said looking up at me, “did you like it?”

“It was great.” I grinned, uncapping the marker. I quickly wrote ‘Calebkinz’ on the front of the cd before handing it to him. “Now. I want for you to listen go this cd on the way home.”

He chuckled and grabbed it from me, quickly scanning the front and rolling his eyes “Yeah yeah. Whatever you say.”

I nodded my head and stood up. “I mean it. I want you to know all of the words the next time I see you! Oh, by the way, I put Forever the Sickest Kids on there cause I thought it'd make you mad” I grinned.

He laughed again and wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug “I’ll see you later Jimmie.”

I laughed and placed my arms around his middle, hugging him back. “Text me this time,” I joked as we released.

“If it’s the right number.” he winked, “Well, I know where you live now. So if it’s wrong I’ll just drop by.” I laughed and walked him out.

“He likes you.” Ben said from my doorway.

I rolled my eyes and shook my hair out of the towel, “I know.”

“Are you going to date him?” he asked, stepping into my room.

“No. Not yet at least, I mean.” I let out a sigh and hugged my towel closer to my body. “I like him yes. But I’m still not over Jason. As dumb as that sounds. I really don’t want to jump into another relationship until I know that I won’t be thinking about Jason.”

Ben nodded his head “I get you.”

“You should leave so I can change.” I told him, a small laugh coming from my lips.

He turned red before quickly turning and leaving “I’m sorry!” he called once he was down the
hallway.

I rolled my eyes and dropped my towel quickly walking over to my dresser and pulling out some shorts and slipping them on before moving over to my closet and grabbing out a beater and pulling it over my head. Without telling Ben I was done, trying to avoid more conversation on my love life, I turned to my computer.

“Now, what’s up with this red head?” I mumbled opening up Google. I quickly typed Forever The Sickest Kids into the search bar and clicked the pictures. I gasped when the page finally loaded “What a freaking jerk!” I mumbled, enlarging a few of the pictures and seeing Caleb smiling back at me. “Oh, he’s so in for it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
A LOT happened in this chapter!
Ahh, look at how long it is!
I am so proud of myself!
comments please!!!