‹ Prequel: Rollercoaster Ride
Status: Active.

Will You Keep Me Alive?

We're Waiting For Our Luck To Spin

Daphne walked outside her campus and into the car that her brother used to drive. She started the engine and decided to grab some coffee at Starbucks before she headed home. She stopped the car in front of the coffee shop and entered it to order medium Caramel Macchiato. After she waited for the coffee to be done, she grabbed the plastic glass and headed home using the car.

Ever since Kennedy’s band was rising the fame, they were rarely home more often and Daphne hated that. They were touring for months and once they were home, they only had weeks to spend.

Not being able to play videogames with Pat sucked. Not being able to gossip with Jared bored her. Not being able to pull pranks with Garrett bored her even more. Not being able to tell Kennedy stories also sucked. Not being able to cuddle with John while watching movies and cartoons killed her.

She missed those boys too much.

Morgan wasn’t around for too much because she was in Ohio to work as a photographer for Alternative Press. Neyla was in New York for college. The only person she was hanging out with was her college friend, Camilla. Hanging out with only one friend felt a bit weird to her because back in highschool she was usually in a rather large group.

Warped Tour almost ended, she really hoped the boys would be home. She still remembered going to Warped on Arizona date this year. She clearly still remembered it.

Daphne was standing on the sidestage, watching the boys performing.

“Okay, so,” John said into the microphone, breathless from singing the previous song. “This song goes out for Kennedy’s sister,” he continued, staring into Daphne’s eyes. She raised her eyebrows at him. “I love you, Daphne!”

As the other boys started their parts in Pour Some Sugar On Me, they were all laughing. Except for Kennedy; he was shooting daggers into John through his eyes. Daphne only stood on where her feet were, stunned.

When the song finished, Kennedy walked to his microphone and spoke, “What do you mean by that song’s for my sister, John?”

John laughed. “I’m just kidding, man. Please don’t kill me.”

“He won’t,” Garrett chimed in, “At least, not for now.”

“Try doing funny stuff to her and—“

John cut Kennedy off. “I won’t. At least, not for now.” He turned to Daphne and winked. Daphne only rolled her eyes at him, but inside she had her heart racing.


“Hi, Mom!” she called out as she was walking through the kitchen. Her mom decided to work from home ever since Kennedy left for recording in LA. She had a feeling his son’s band was going to be big and she couldn’t let her daughter being home alone all the time.

“Hi honey,” Mrs. Brock replied before drinking her coffee. “When are the boys going back again?”

She shrugged. “I don’t know. I think they have another tour starting directly after Warped ends. I’m not sure ‘till when but I don’t think they’ll be here for my birthday.”

“Your birthday is still in a few weeks.”

“I just can’t wait.”

“Why looking forward to being older? Being older means holding more responsibilities and more decisions to make. Just enjoy what you are today.”

“Thanks for the wise words, Mom. I’m gonna head upstairs to finish my assignment.” So she went upstairs and into her room, finishing the assignment.

- - -

“Mom, I’m gonna go to Daphne’s!” John called out, rushing downstairs.

“Have you unpacked?” his mom asked, appearing from the living room.

“Yeah, don’t worry,” he answered, putting on his shoes and rushed outside. “Bye!”

He went into his car and sped to the Brock’s residence. He had missed his girl terribly.

He knocked on the front door after parking the car in the driveway. Kennedy was the one who opened the door.

“She’s in her room,” Kennedy said, “I told her you would see her tomorrow but apparently you won’t.”

“Shut up and let me see her already,” John laughed, letting himself in. He started to walk up the stairs.

“No funny stuff!” Kennedy shouted downstairs.

John only smiled and shook his head at him. Ever since the thing he did during Warped, Kennedy was getting more protective about Daphne.

He lightly knocked on Daphne’s door and had no answer, so he decided to open and walk in. The lamp on the nightstand was the only lighting source in the room. Daphne was peacefully asleep on the bed, papers scattered next to her. John smiled at the sight of his girlfriend.

He walked over the bed, collected the papers and put them on the drawer. He moved Daphne so her head was lying against the pillow, took off his shoes and laid next to her before pulling the blanket over them. He kissed her forehead and slowly drifted to sleep as he watched her sleeping.
♠ ♠ ♠
hi hi hi first chapter. this is just the beginning, things will get heated as new chapters come. just like I promised THERE WILL BE MORE DRAMAS THAN THE PREQUEEEL so don't go anywhere ;)