Disenchanted

1st

Alicia sat down on the sidewalk in front if the schools entrance; she placed her schoolbag next to her and heaved a sigh.
“Some day this is gonna get the better of me” she put her hands on the cold and slightly wet surface behind her; she leaned back and took a deep breath.
She opened the bag and found her water bottle and drank a large zip, she seemed like one who had been through a desert, the way she drank.
“Whore!” it came from the back of her mind “Your mother was a whore” she closed her eyes and felt a teardrop in the edge of her right eye.
She bit her lip as she put the bottle back where it belonged, she then tugged at her knees this was so unfair!
“Your father, Alicia, he…” that was as close as she had gotten to information on him; her mother had never been able to even mutter his name.

Alicia did not care who was looking at her now, because no doubt, someone would be, they would even be talking about her. She found her little metal box and soon she had some white pills in her hands, she threw them in her mouth and swallowed.
She loved the haziness it brought; she opened her eyes and looked at the cars going by, as if she wasn’t actually there…
“Alicia?” she jumped startled of the touch on her shoulder
“Mark!” she got on her feet quickly and stood before her maths teacher
“You forgot this” he handed her a piece of paper “When you ran out of class so quickly… what happened in there?” she bit her lips hoping he could not see anything in her eyes
“Nothing, I just needed some air, I think” she excused herself and put her eyes on the paper.
“Birthday party!” the headline read, great, an invitation to a party where she wasn’t even welcome…