Disenchanted

2nd

Gerard took a deep breath as he looked at the reflection of himself… he felt so old today.
“40 years…” he whispered to himself. The next day would be his 40th birthday…he closed his eyes hard “Damn” he cursed
He looked away from the mirror and looked at his surroundings instead. He was sin a hotel room a bottle of champagne, nearly empty. A broken glass. The bed was a mess from the toils of the night. He shook his head, what was all this?
“I hate the ending myself but it started with an alright scene” he said out loud into the empty room as he sat himself on the edge of the bed. It felt as a prison to him, he could not go anywhere but where he was seemed to shrink…
He heard a noise from the bathroom and looked up, out came a young woman in underwear, he couldn’t remember her face.
“Thank you for last night, stranger” she said as she put her hand through her long curled blonde hair.
Gerard looked straight into her piercing blue eyes and swallowed as he nodded, he had no memory of last night, at all…
“Call me Way” he called out to her just as she put her hand on the door handle
“Bye, Way” and she was gone...
He let himself fall back on the bed and closed his eyes, his head was throbbing. Oh good old hangover…
He remembered going to the bar down the street, just intending to get a few drinks, then he must have met her… what ever was her name? Had she even cared for his, or him?
“Alicia?” his lips moved, was that her name? Or had he confused her with someone else, no, she didn’t look like an Alicia.