Status: Active

Ambrosia

Deka

Time was beginning to run low as the train moved throughout the early morning. It was 6:00 AM now, and everyone had fallen back to sleep, except for Jamie. Jamie was worried about Allison, deciding to only stay up for her. He was hesitant, unsure what to make of Jason. Was he really a threat? His bark seemed to be more painful than his bite. Then again, did they really get a chance to see what his bite was like? Tom had said he carried a machine gun. Did he? Jamie couldn't tell. He hadn't seen it. He kept one of his arms wrapped around Allison for comfort and was watching the others sleeping. They were lying on the benches like bed. Jamie had decided to sit, slouching, so that Allison could lay over him, like a pillow. She had stopped crying quickly as everyone was comforting her, and then Jamie promised he wouldn't leave her for a second. He promised he would stay up for her.

He had a pained look in his eyes though. He felt as though this was stinging his heart. Would Allison ever realize how much he liked her? He wasn't sure. She was so caught up in the Tantalus and finding a cure for Ambrosia, maybe she didn't have the time to notice. He shivered slightly, pulling the blanket more over the two of them. He then rested on the thought. Would they really only be friends? Only friends and that was that? Would he ever move on? Could he? No, he'd refuse. He couldn't bare the thought of moving on like that. Allison was the only girl he had ever wanted to be this close to. How could he forget her like that? Would he even be able to bring himself to doing so? No, the thought of leaving her hurt just as much as actually doing it. He shook it off as he rested his eyes for a moment.

"Jamie..."

His eyes opened again, looking around. Who said his name? It was either Claire or Allison. Had he dozed off? He couldn't remember how close the voice was to him.

"Jamie?" the voice mumbled again. Jamie looked down, seeing that it was Allison.

"...Yeah?" he asked softly.

"You're tired," she opened her bright blue eyes slowly. Jamie couldn't help but stare.

"...A little, but you're rest is more important, so I'll stay up," he nodded.

"I rested already... it's your turn. You're tired, I can tell from your voice," she spoke quietly.

Jamie sighed, "...Are you sure?"

Allison nodded, still huddled close to him, lying near him, his arms protecting her from the edge of the bench. They were warm and seemed to be large against her thin, frozen frame hidden under the blankets. Jamie smiled faintly as he then closed his eyes once more, breathing in deeply. He let himself doze off slowly, feeling at ease. Allison closed her eyes as well.

You're tired, and it's selfish for me to make you stay up while I sleep. Just sleep with me and hope we get through until morning... she whispered in her head as she slowly began dozing off as well.

As the time passed, Allison still couldn't sleep. She felt as though she was forgetting something. She looked focused and thought of her past memories with Jamie and Claire. Trying to remember what she could of forgotten.

"We're all best friends! We're there for each other!" she heard the voices running through her head. As she skimmed through these, she suddenly slowed down to listen to one particular one.

"But this is different, Allison. Helikes you!" she could hear Claire's voice saying in her mind. She laughed nervously, thinking of how that had happened.

"Merry Christmas, Allison," she could hear Jamie's voice whispering. She remembered--he was going to kiss her. Did she try and stop him? She couldn't even remember.

How confusing this is... Allison sighed. She then closed her eyes again, only to feel a large jerk against the cart. She immediately shot up from where she was, Tom, Claire, and Jamie all waking to it as well.

"What's happening?" Claire asked, startled.

"I'm not sure," Tom replied.

"Attention all passengers. From here on out, we advise you to walk. We will be letting everyone get through quickly and silently and then we will blow up the path, along with the train. Tantalus have gotten into the Underground Passages and are now on their way. Please exit the train, heading north immediately!" the intercom spoke.

It got quiet in the cart as everyone stared at each other. Without a word, they all nodded and ran for the emergency exit door, prying it open. They then jumped out quickly and ran towards the front of the train. When they arrived, they saw hundreds of people who were surrounding the front.

"Everyone move back! Everyone, start leaving immediately!" the engineer screamed to them. People had obeyed immediately and walked quickly away.

Allison, Claire, Jamie, and Tom all stayed, watching as they stuck dynamite into the train and into the caved area itself. The sound of screaming was heard. The Tantalus grew closer.

"This is all so insane..." Allison shook her head, "It should of never ended like this... a world where your best friend could become your killer..."

"This is reality, Allison," Tom closed his eyes.

"We should start walking, they're about to light the dynamite," Claire told them as she turned and began pacing. Allison nodded and all of them began to follow. When they were a good way away, they heard the sound of a large thunder, red, flashing flames bursting in all directions. Allison turned, her eyes widening.

"Did the engineer make it out?!" she asked.

"That's the duty of one who guides others," Tom sighed, "He dies for the protection of others."

Allison felt bitterness suddenly, as though something pounded against her throat. She couldn't believe what she saw, turning quickly as she walked again. They walked behind the crowds of people, trying to keep a steady pace. They decided to stay quiet, and looked around. The sound of screaming had died. Allison felt herself getting more calm as they walked, though the cold air started to numb her fingers. Suddenly, all of them seemed to stop, the crowd as well. They were looking around, as though they had heard something.

"Do you hear that?" Claire whispered to them.

"Yeah, it sounds like..." Jamie's eyes hid in the back of his head, "...Fuck..."

"TANTALUS!" a young girl screamed as she pointed behind Allison and them. They all gasped as Allison turned quickly, but not enough to get out of the way as something grabbed at her shoulders and lunged to her.

"Get it off! Get it off!" she started shrieking as she tried to roll away. The Tantalus stuck to her as he attempted to bite at her face. Allison kept pushing it back with all her strength as she kept screaming.

BANG!

The Tantalus looked down at her with wide eyes as its blood spilled onto her jacket. She was hyperventilating as she looked up at its frozen body, lifeless, and it fell to the side, next to her, dead. Allison's breathing was still fast, but more quiet as she looked around. She saw a boy--a man, more like a teenager, a little older than her with a sniper rifle in his hand, leaning against the cave wall, grimacing in her direction.

"...You really should be more careful and look around..." he spoke quietly.

Allison got herself up quickly, looking at the boy. She wasn't sure if she was speechless because she was scared or if it was because she didn't know how to react towards him.

"Who... are you--"

"Cove. Cove Anderson," he rolled his strap so that the sniper rifle folded to his back as he crossed his arms.

Cove had black, long hair that seemed to spike a bit, and he had dark, brown eyes. He had a lip ring, and was wearing a long chain around his chest, holding back his guns. He seemed to be heavily armed.

Allison looked back to Claire, Tom, and Jamie. Claire and Tom were both staring at the Tantalus. Jamie, however, was staring at Cove with narrowed eyes, as though he was angry.

Cove smirked lightly, walking over to them, "You guys obviously seem to be an odd bunch. Why are a bunch of kids walking towards New York? The source of the Tantalus?"

"We're not kids, we're all 16..." Jamie grumbled.

"I'm 15 actually... almost 16," Allison corrected him.

"Exactly... kids. So what brings you up here?" he asked.

"We're going to NYSMD," Allison looked ahead to the crowds of people, "We're going to find a cure for Ambrosia."

"Really now?" Cove narrowed his eyes, "And why do you assume you can do that?"

"She's the daughter of the plague," Tom looked to Allison, almost amazed with expression.

Cove's eyes widened, "...Daughter of the plague? You're Allison Grays then?"

She nodded, sighing.

"Interesting... my parents worked with yours on Ambrosia, though I was raised in London when Tantalus started going loose in America," Cove explained, "I came here to find a cure as well."

"Really?" Allison blinked, "Your parents worked with mine...? Where are they now?"

"Dead. Tantalus attack," he shook his head, "Doesn't matter, I didn't get along with them anyways."

"Ah, I see... so what do you plan to do?" Jamie muttered.

"New York seemed to be the answers. If you need any assistance, I can definitely help you guys. I'm a Tantalus hunter, so I can keep those bastards off your backs," his smirk returned.

Allison nodded, "Yeah, of course, you can come," she laughed nervously. She looked to the rest of them and nodded, "We were just about to start walking again."

"Alright then. Thank you, miss Allison," he tapped her shoulder before walking behind them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mmmm Cove (: