All You Need Is Love

I Want to Hold Your Hand

Meredith tugged her collar up to try and combat the cold breeze.

"Lovely night, isn't it?" James grinned, slightly jogging to catch up to her.

"You won't be thinking so in a minute if I find out you dragged me into the cold for this," she threatened. "If I wanted to see Hyde Park I'd come during the day and without you."

"Oh, that hurt babe," James said clutching his heart.

"Ha ha," she said sarcastically.

"Let's go over to that pole over there," he whispered in her ear. They cut across some grass to the lamppost, which was strewn with cob webs. James leant across the frosty pole grinning at her.

"So Merry, we don't know each other. So why not get acquainted?"

"If you must," she sighed. "And a word of warning, don't call me 'Merry', I'm anything but."

"So Merry, tell me about yourself. I want to know every filthy detail there is to be shared."

"Hmm, I'm Meredith Headon, I'm 20, I want to be a writer. That's about it really..." she smiled.

She was beginning to like his infectious smile.

"Well, my lovely lady, I am James Deppley, I am 23 and I chase pretty girls for a living," he said, finishing with a wink.

She quietly giggled, burying her head in his chest. He put his arms around her. They stayed like that for a few long moments.

Meredith looked up at him to where he was carefully watching her. The moment was broken from a cough nearby.

"Let's get out of here," he softly whispered in her ear, slipping her hand into his.

They started walking back to her apartment when a roll of thunder was heard overhead and it started to rain.

"My place is near here, want to head back there instead?" he asked, blinking through the droplets that splashed on his face.

"Yeah," she replied.

Cutting across a few alleyways, they quickly reached James' apartment. Soaked to the bone, the warmth was appealing to them both.

"Now to get you out of those clothes," he winked at her.

She smiled at him as she looked around. His firm hand rested on her shoulder. She turned to see James indicating to his bedroom. She followed him. There, standing in the doorway, his hands slowly began to unbutton and slide off her wet clothes.
He brushed her wet hair from across her face and weakly smiled at her. He inched closer, a soft touch to her bare skin. His face leaning ever so close...