Quiet Little Monsters

begging for a chance

"So. Fucking. Hot," Finn complained under his breath as we drove through our last bit of Colorado. Finn was again driving ahead shirtless and I was stuck in the passenger seat, letting the wind move my mahogany hair in feral waves, with sweat working its way on my brow. I tugged at my floral printed dress and listened into every lonely driver's head on the highway. It was my only form of entertainment.

Finn and I were too hot and too grumpy to make conversation anymore. It was the fourth day and we were tired and exhausted, and his car was so old that every noise the engine made had us jumping and glancing at each other with worrisome looks on our faces. The hunter green sedan was dying.

"I feel like we're driving in a soda can," I said aloud, looking ahead.

Finn rubbed his nose with his free, steering wheel-free hand. I could tell he didn't want to think about it. He placed a hand on my back, I'm bored.

What do you want me to do about it? I asked crankily.

"You wanna drive?" he asked, looking up at me with a grin.

"No!" I cried.

"C'mon. No one's on the road. You'll be fine," he assured me and already starts pulling over on the empty curb.

"No, no, no," I whined, glancing around. He's right. We were the only lonely drivers on the highway.

"Yes, yes, yes. This is a great idea," Finn said. He couldn't keep a grin off his face, like he was giving me a present or something.

I stared at him with aching eyes, "Are you serious?" I asked.

"Yep. Live a little, Dolly. You're always wound up. Always like this," he crossed his arms tightly and furrowed his brow.

"Heh. Nice impression," I scoffed.

"C'mon, Dollface. Please?" He looked up at me with his green eyes and pouted.

"I don’t know how, Finn," I pleaded.

"It's easy. Like riding a bicycle. Except it's not a bicycle. It's... a car."

"Uh, great assessment, Finn," I told him.

He got out of the car and walked around to open my door. "Come on, love," he said as he reaches out to grab my hand. My heart started pounding when I let him take my hand and lead me out. He dropped the keys in my hand and went to sit in the driver's seat.

My breath was nervous and shaky as I closed the door and Finn smiled at me casually. "See? You're a natural."

"Um. I haven't even started yet."

"Then go for it," he said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Okaaay," I whispered, sticking the key in the ignition.

"Foot on the brake," Finn muttered.

"Which one's the brake?"

Finn gave me a stunned look. "Jesus," he muttered, "You really weren't kidding about the no driving thing."

Image

Finn Watson

One thing about Dolly was that she was incredibly smart. After fifteen minutes of slowly crawling on the empty highway, she was nearly pro. Her slim fingers clutched the steering wheel and she looked after the road with sharp eyes.

"You're doing really fucking well," I complimented her.

She ran a hand through her wavy dark hair and smiled weakly, "I learned from the best.

It was silent as she made a careful turn. Her hazel green eyes glinted with something and she tilted her head to me. "Eh, Finn?"

"Yep?"

"What is Finn a nickname for?"

I cringed. "You don't want to know."

"Yeah! I really, really do!" She cried with a laugh.

"Finnaeus," I muttered.

"What?" She asked.

"Finnaeus."

"I can't hear you when you mumble."

"Finnaeus! Finnaeus Leon Watson, alright?" I barked in embarrassment.

"Finnaeus?" She repeated with a delighted look and then she burst into laughter.

/Finn Watson

Image

I pulled the car over and handed Finn the keys. He looked at me and smiled, "Can I ask you a question?"

"Mm." I nodded.

"Remember a couple weeks ago outside of the restaurant? The parking lot?"

I turned beet red. The night we made out in the parking lot. How humiliating.

"Sure," I muttered.

"Remember how you said we couldn't spend one moment alone without that happening?"

"I can... recall."

"Well we've been alone for almost four whole days. Nothing has happened. You've been proved wrong," he said smugly.

"Well... maybe I have," I mumbled.

He suddenly reached over and reached behind my neck, pulling my lips to his. My whole heart ruptured with need. Come here , he said in my head. I climbed over the divider between the seats with our lips still attached and sat on his lap as we kissed. I ran my hands over his bare chest and his own hands moved up and down my legs, creeping up my dress.

His need and affection was doubled with my own need and affection and vice versa. Everything was spectacular. Double everything.

You are mine, he sighed in my thoughts as I pulled away.

"Finnaeus," I muttered jokingly.

"Don't say that," he growled.

I laughed and said, "We are taking things slowly. Very, very slowly. "

He lifted my hand and kissed it.

Slow.
♠ ♠ ♠
"Do you have an opinion? A mind of your own? I thought you were special! I thought you should know."

-Garbage

Finals. Finals. Finals.