Every Word

twelve.

We sat on the bench outside the ice cream parlor where I'd sat with you for what seems like forever ago. When You didn't want to get away from me while walking your dog, but sat down to talk to me.

"So it's settled." You said this like it was no big deal. Like you did it all the time. I didn't like that thought.

"I sure hope so." I laughed looking down shaking my head. I'd been freaking out for the past two months wondering if we were dating or not. Then I find out it's that simple. I ask if we are, then all of a sudden it's all up to me. If I knew it was all up to me we'd be a couple from the moment I first saw you.

"Should we kiss on it?" You asked looking at me sideways. I was still facing the ground. The sun just barely made it past your hair to almost blind me. Then all I could see was you. You asking me to kiss you. You wanted me to and I couldn't believe it. Why me? I laughed at myself for thinking this, and picked my head up to look at you. "Is that a no?" You laughed at me. I felt like a child.

"No." I said gently cradling your chin pulling myself closer to you. I slowly closed my eyes and my lips found yours. You had thin lips, but soft. They felt so fragile against mine and some how I found myself scared. I let go to find your eyes still closed. You sat there, smiling, eyes still closed, your arms around my neck. I wanted to sit there like that for days. Just staring at you enjoying this moment. Sun shining, me in your arms, smiling and not caring about what was happening around us.

You opened your eyes, "Hi." You said glaring through the sun laughing quietly.

"Hello." I said. I took your hands into mine and just sat there. Not saying anything. Just enjoying each others company.

I always enjoyed being around you.