Every Word

fifteen.

Somethings you told me, I didn't want to know. But you still told me, and I still remember. Even though sometimes the words hurt, I still enjoyed hearing your voice.

"I've got some family friends coming over." You said.

"Do you think they'd like to meet me?" I asked. I didn't want to spend the day with out you. I didn't ever want to spend a day with out you.

"Well, they probably would like to, but I haven't seen them in forever and, I feel like I want to get some one on one time with them." You said this in the most honest way.

"Okay, I get it. So who are these people." I asked curiously.

"These people," You said, emphasis on the these, "Were friends to my father before he died. They where here for us when he passed and we grew pretty close in that time." You explained, "We haven't even talked in the longest time, so this is a really important thing you know?"

"Ah." I wasn't positive what to say, "Well I'm glad you get to see them." I hoped I was choosing the right things to say, "So you guys are pretty close huh?"

"Yes, friends from the play pin." I could hear the smile in your voice.

"So how old are they anyways?"

"The dad, my fathers friend, is in his mid thirties. His son is my age, maybe a bit older. And the daughter is around twelve, fourteen at the oldest."

"Oh. The son, is he a nice guy?" I asked. That shouldn't be an awkward question.

"Of coarse! He's the sweetest guy. Before you, he was probably the only guy I ever talked to." You laughed a little and stopped with a light sigh.

"Hm." I wasn't sure if that was such a good thing.

"Don't worry Marcus. He is a really nice guy. He wouldn't try to do anything to me." You said imagining my jealousy. Some one who could read minds couldn't imagine my jealousy.

"You said you hadn't seen him in a while. People change." I said in a tone probably too sharp for comfort.

"And you think if he did anything I would go for it?" You sounded disgusted, and for once, your sadness, anger, or doubt didn't bother me.

"I sure hope not." I responded in a more than immature manner.

"I have to go finish fixing up the house for the guests." You said in a hollow voice. "I'll talk to you later Marcus." You didn't say goodbye. You didn't say you loved me. And you didn't reassure me that you wouldn't do anything. I knew you wouldn't, but I still had doubts. I was mad at me and mad at you.

I was never so confused before I met you. And so many times, I'd never been so ashamed of myself before I met you.