Every Word

sixteen.

My greatest fear was confronting you. I didn't know how I would do it. I didn't want to say the wrong thing and I didn't want to put off the wrong feeling. I didn't want to seem weak but at the same time I wanted to let you know I'd never want to hurt you. I hadn't talked to you for four days. For 96 hours I didn't talk about you. But I never stopped thinking about you. That was way too long. I felt like I died a little bit inside. That was when I truly found out how special you were. How important you were to me. And that's what I was going to tell you.

I came up to your house after school on a Tuesday. The fourth day of no contact in anyway.

"Yes?" You said in a bright voice opening the door. You saw it was me and stepped back from the door. "Hi." You said in a completely different tone. It was empty and I hated I was the reason for that terrible sound.

"Can I come in?" I asked in the most polite tone possible. I wouldn't be surprised if my voice sounded a bit shaky.

"If you want to." This came out as a sigh.

"I'm really sorry." I said sitting on your living room sofa. "I trusted you, I really did. It's just that-"

"If you're adding to that then it just means you really didn't trust me." You said with some what of a flustered smile.

"It may seem like that." I said putting up my hand so you could not interrupt. "But I love you Sam. I really really do and I think you could imagine when a guy loves a girl they're going to worry a little but when this girl is going to be spending the weekend with some wonderful guy that isn't him." I shrugged my shoulders. "And I'm sorry if you can't accept that guys get jealous sometimes but I'm going to let you know, it's only because I care about you. You are the first girl I've ever really loved, other than my mom." I say laughing lightly, "I just want to know that you understand that I love you and that you are the most important thing to me right now. I'm going to have to worry a little bit, but I'll always trust you."

"Did you practice that?" You asked still not too much life to your voice.

"I tried." I said attempting to smile.

"Well it worked." You said with a smile. "I missed you." You said wrapping your arms around my neck pulling me into a hug.

"I missed you too." I said muffled into your hair.

And for the millionth time in my head, I told you I loved you.

"I love you." You said answering my thoughts.