Every Word

eighteen.

I don't know for sure if you ever really believed me when I'd say stuff about you. Like when I'd tell you your words meant more to me than anything else in the world. When I'd say nothing you do or nothing you say is ever stupid. When I'd tell you I always wanted to know what you were going to say, even if you thought it wasn't important. What ever I told you, I sure hope you believed it.

"So you wanted to talk?" I asked as you opened the car door to get inside. We were headed to river look out, one of the places I'd taken you for what I saw as our first date.

"Yes I did." You smiled and buckled your seat belt while I waited for you to talk. "But I'll save that conversation for when we get to the place." You look over at me with a smile that assures me what ever you have to say won't hurt me.

"Sounds alright to me." I start up the engine and smile at the road behind me as I pull out. I was kind of nervous about what you had to say, but also excited. It was a nice feeling.

I drove as you talked to me about your newly developed photos. I remembered that day cleaning your room seeing all those loose rolls of film and the multiple cameras. It's hard to believe that was so many months ago. Then you went on about teaching your dog how to roll over. I loved hearing you go on about this kind of stuff. It let me know what you were up to, and you wanted to tell me. It almost made me feel special.

Soon enough we made it to the look out. You got out of the car and walked to the brick wall separating us from the drop to the river. I followed after you and leaned down over the wall.

"You wanted to tell me something?" I say turning my attention away from the water to your face. There was no argument for which sight was more beautiful.

"Yeah." You said looking down at the wall, tracing the patterns the bricks made. "I don't know how to say it really." you looked at me for a second then continued to look at the wall like it was going to to tell you what to say. It was kind of cute.

"Just say it." I urged with a smile.

"It's going to sound stupid." You said looking at me again, I could tell you were nervous and it made me smile.

"It won't sound stupid. Really, I'll probably just think what ever you have to say is really cool." Cool? I think it's cool. More like what ever you say means nothing but everything to me. What ever you tell me will stay in my heart forever, and I will never think anything you have to say is meaningless or, stupid. "Really, just say it."

"Well," You trailed off a little still thinking. "You just aways tell me how you feel about me." You stopped to think a little more, "And I never really respond so much. Yeah, I'll say that's so sweet or something worthless like that, but I never really tell you what I think about you. So I just want you to know, since we became friends, just the thought of your name makes me smile." You stopped talking and I could tell you weren't thinking of what to say anymore, you were done.

"That's just stupid." I say with a serious face. You laughed and hid your face behind your hair. "I'm just kidding." I said laughing with you.

"I'm serious!" You said, your face turning red, your smile growing. "When ever someone brings you up in a conversation, I just start giggling like an idiot. It's ridiculous." You stoped laughing and really look at me, "I really like you Marcus."

"And I really like you." I kissed you and realized what a terrible lie i just told.

I never liked you, I always loved you.