Every Word

three.

"Looking kind of lonely." I say with a smile staring at you. You covered her mouth while you chew on your sandwich and shake your head no. I could see your dimples from your smile past your hand. "Do you mind if I join you?" I ask. You shook your head.

"Hi." You said and remove your hand from your mouth. "Do I know you?" you asks with a curious look in your eyes.

"I've seen you while I was running." I say and you nod your head, "And you work in there right?" You nod your head again taking another bite of your sandwich.

"What's your name?" You ask.

"I'm Marcus." I say with a smile, and put out my hand.

"Samantha." You smile and shake my hand. Your hand was so soft and small. I smile at you as you release my hand and take another bite of your sandwich.

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but how old are you?" I ask.

"Seventeen." You answer smiling at me.

"Do you go to school here?" I hadn't seen you around.

"No." You just stare at me, quiet and content.

"Where do you go?"

"Home Schooled." You answer.

"Do you live around here?" I ask.

"Yes." You answer. I hope for you to explain, but don't.

"Pretty close or?" I trail off.

"Close." You say with a slight laugh.

"Well," I thought of what to say so I could get more than a one syllable word out of you. But before I come up with anything, you answered my thoughts.

"Kind of across the street from the elementary school." You answered with a smile.

"I live close to the school." I add with a slight grin happy to hear we're pretty close.

"Well, I've gotta head back in." You say looking into Dave's Goods Grocery Store. "My lunch break is almost over."

"Okay, well I guess I better let you go?" I say.

"Yeah. Well, maybe I'll see you around?" You said, and for a second I swear I see a bit of hope in your eyes.

"Sure thing." I say smiling, handing you your work apron that was laying on the table.

"Thank you." You said smiling. I sure did love that smile. And I love how it seemed to never go away.