I'm Still That Confused Little Girl, but It's so Much More Confusing Now

Insomnia

Meet me. Lake. 5 AM tomorrow.

That boy needs to learn some manners. And how to sign his name. And that I sleep in on Saturday mornings.

I sighed, folding the piece of paper back up and replacing it in my pocket. Then thought better of it and ripped it up, throwing it into the toilet I was currently hiding in. I looked down at it for a moment, then leaned my forehead against the wall of the cubicle, closing my eyes.

This was far too hard. School wasn’t supposed to be hard. School was easy. Always had been. Now it was hard. The lessons had always been nice and hard and distracting, but the social part. That was easy.

Now Bloody Blaise and Bloody Draco had messed it up in the space of two months. Now it was hard.

I clenched my teeth and removed my head from the cubicle wall. I let out two deep breaths and flushed the toilet, composing my face and leaving to wash my hands.

I returned to the common room to find Harry returned and the three of them giggling together, I assumed about Cho. I hid in the doorway for a moment and watched them, this was something I hadn’t seen in quite some time; Harry happy.

I had a faint notion this might be to do with me.

I sighed then moved into the light. “Guys. I’m going to bed. I’m exhausted.” Harry scrambled to his feet.

“You don’t, you know, have to. You could stay up with us.” He held his hand out to me and I looked at it for a moment.

“I’m tired. G’night. I’ll see you in the morning.” His hand dropped as I moved away. A jolt of guilt shot through me, “You know, I’m just… tired.”

“Night.” Harry said, his eyes sad. Crap. I had made him sad.

“I don’t have to. I can stay if you want me to.” I offered, almost wanting him to tell me to stay.

“No, it’s fine Felicity. We’ll see you in the morning.” Harry replied, not meeting my eyes. I nodded slowly.

“Okay. Good night Harry.”

“Good night.”

It took me until I was in bed to realise, with a nasty pain in my chest, that he had called me Felicity. He hadn’t ever called me Felicity. Not ever. Not since we met.

I didn’t sleep that night. Not at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Very short part, to make up for the fact it might be a while to the next part. My home life is a bit shaky at the moment, but I'll try my hardest to keep updating =]