Then It Led to Hollywood and Vine

Chapter 3

“Ha, do you still think that this was a good idea?” Anne asked me. “We pretty much sucked at football, which is saying something, compared to what we’re doing now.”

Today was the day of the charity event that Nick invited me to. Like Anne just stated, the first sport we had played was football. Let’s just say... neither of us were too good, and by the end of the FIRST game we were already sitting out, for two reasons: one, our bodies were in pain from that first game, and two, no one picked either of us to be on their team the second game.

When that happened, since Kevin was the Jonas playing football, he said, “Well, you two probably need a break anyhow, right? You look beat.”

Which, literally or theoretically, was still true.

Again with Anne’s statement, she was also right. We may have sucked at football, but that game makes us look like we were champions compared to this.

Running.

Which was apparently Joe’s specialty, because he was tearing up the track we were running on.

I guess you could take that literally or theoretically as well.

And you know what didn’t help matters?

Demi Lovato, hanging all over him. Right in front of me, too. The sad part is, this wasn't the jealous side of me talking. She made it quite obvious that she was being affectionate towards him every time they passed us; by snickering and clinging even CLOSER to him while they ran.

I’m not sure which part was worse, her flirting with him right in front of me, or the fact that they kept passing us.

Another reason I knew this wasn’t my jealous side talking was because Anne noticed it too. In fact, when they were coming up behind us I’d say about the fourth time, Anne almost tried to punch her in the face as her and Joe passed. But I held her back before she could.

Now I’m kind of regretting that I did.

But then again, Anne may have wanted to actually punch Joe in the face, because she’s already done so before...

Anyways, let’s get back to the running thing. Demi and Joe were currently about to pass us again. This was the... what? Sixth time? I had lost count by now.

“Seriously, we hardly ran fast enough to pass gym class, so what makes you think we’d be able to run now?” Anne continued, clearly not seeing Joe and Demi near us, or not paying them any mind.

“Yeah, Sophia. This is like, totally not worth it, even if it is for charity. So why don’t we just go home and be the total self-centered bitches that we are?” Demi said, in a nasally-annoying voice, her own way of mocking Anne. The sad thing was, as much as that statement hurt, she so didn’t know what she was getting herself into.

The Anne-bomb would go off in three, two, one...

“It’s one thing if you mock me, but it’s a whole other thing that you diss my friend,” Anne stated. I looked over at Joe, noticing he had a frown on his face. And the look he had going told me one thing:

That if Anne wasn’t going off on Demi right now, he would have been the one doing so instead.

Did that mean he still cared?

“Anne, don’t-” I started, but she cut me off.

“No, Sophia,” she said, glaring at Demi, “I know you would overlook this, because that’s the person that you are, but I can’t. Why are you defending her, anyway? After what she just said?”

We had stopped running by now, Anne and Demi practically facing off. I stayed silent, not knowing how to answer that.

“Right,” Anne answered for me, “so if you’ll excuse this...” she trailed off, beginning to raise her left hand, that was in the form of a fist, toward Demi.

As she began to more her arm even more, I stepped in-between them.

“No-” I started, but it was too late. Anne’s fist... came into contact with MY face.

Hitting me in my right eye.

As soon as she did, she put her hands over her mouth.

“Oh my gosh, Sophia, why did you-” she started, but this time I cut HER off, as Demi and Joe looked at me in shock.

“Just forget it,” I said, my eye feeling like it was being stabbed repeatedly, painfully throbbing. “Let’s just go to the baseball game now. At least you didn’t do the knockout punch.”

With that, I grabbed her arm and pulled her away with me from the track, towards the baseball field.

Leaving Joe and Demi there with that same stunned look on each of their faces.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter 3! About time, huh? I'm so sorry that it took so long. I had a little writer's block going there, as well as not really any inspiration... but thankfully, I found it, so I decided to post. :)
So... what do you think of the chapter? Sorry for any of you Demi/Jemi fans, I had to make Demi seem all mean and clingy because Sophia is the main character and all, so I had to make Demi more like that... it's kind of hard to explain. Anyways, long story short, I'm sorry if any of you are huge fans of her or anything. I'm a Demi fan too, but I had to make her like that for this chapter. So, that's kind of hinting that it may get a little better with her as the story goes on. And I know that Sophia liked her in the prequel, but with Demi acting like that now, can you blame her for changing her mind?
And what did you think about Anne accidently punching her? Do you think Sophia should have been more angry with her? Do you think Sophia should have ever even got between Anne and Demi in the first place?
Just so we're clear on this, Anne's name is pronounced like 'An or Ann', not like 'An-E or Annie'. I wanted to clear that up because my best friend Anne in real life is sometimes called Annie in real life, just because her name has an E at the end. But don't worry, the Anne in this story is a lot more... confident than the girl I know in real life. Like, as in Anne in real life would have never punched anyone, let alone one of her friends on accident, in the face.
Sorry this chapter was so short. I had a kind of sweet Joe moment in their, for all of you Jophia fans. I hope you liked it, or I hope you at least noticed it. :)
Shout-outs go out to KaleidoscopeColors:;, bemypeterpan, x-believer-x, xSimplyxMadxHatterx, millyroxx33, mrsericajonas, jonaslovergirl14, and Don'tTellKarlei! for commenting. I thank all of you for taking the time to do so; I appreciate it and it means a lot to me. :)
The extra important shout-outs go to mrsericajonas , millyroxx33 , jonaslovergirl14 , and Don'tTellKarlei! for being the most recent new readers and commenters I've heard from, and for being the ones that inspired me to write this update. Those are the links to their story pages, or their profiles depending on which person you click on. So show them some love, and check out their stories or just go talk to them. :)
And the last shout-out must go to KaleidoscopeColors:; ! She's really been a big help to me, and I honestly can't thank her enough for all that she's done. She's the one who made the new background. Who likes it, by the way? Because I absolutely love it, and if it wasn't for her, it wouldn't be there and there would be a boring default background. So I really can't thank her enough. :) So since she's so nice, you should go check out her stories .
Okay... I'm just about done with my extremely long author's note. I really need to start condensing these, I swear. This is probably way longer than the actual chapter, so I apologize for my rambling. I tried to make this chapter longer, but I don't think that worked too well. But here's the good part: I'm already like half-way done with the next chapter. So... if I get a lot of comments, or even just a few, I'm planning on posting the day after next. I have a feeling I won't have time to post tomorrow because I have something planned. But I'm almost confident that you will get another update then. :)
Okay... I'm done. Once again, extremely sorry for the evtremely long author's note. I'll try and make the next chapter longer. :)