If You're Looking for a Show

Take It Off

I opened the door for Maggie, who walked in with a swagger. “You’re getting trashed tonight,” she said, shoving a bottle of whiskey into my hands. She saw my hesitation, and she smiled at me. “Come on, Gia, that jackass of an ex hurt you. Let loose tonight. Get a little drunk,” she smiled, taking the bottle back and taking a swig of it. “And, please, you are not wearing that,” she said, pointing to my clothes before guiding me back to my bedroom, opening up my closet and throwing me a mini skirt and halter top. “Now, this is more like it!” she exclaimed.

I quickly changed into the clothes that Maggie had given me, looking at myself in the mirror. I had to admit that Maggie was good when it came to clothes, always picking ones that looked great on me. “Good, let’s go,” she said, pulling on my hand as soon as I had put some shoes on my feet.

“Where are we even going?” I questioned, grabbing my keys, knowing I was going to be the one driving there, even if we were going to end up taking a cab back.

There’s a place downtown where the freaks all come around. It’s a hole in the wall. It’s a dirty free for all,” she answered. I gave her a questioning glance, but she simply nodded at me, pouring the bottle of whiskey into a water bottle and putting it in my purse. I rolled my eyes at her but led her out to my car.

I followed Maggie’s directions to the place she had mentioned, and when I pulled up outside, both of our jaws dropped. There was a line of at least fifty people standing outside. I looked over at Maggie, wondering if she still wanted to go there. “Come on, let’s see if we can work our magic and get in,” she winked at me, and I parked the car, following her to the line.

We waited for what seemed like forever before Maggie started to get bored of drinking the whiskey and wanted to get inside and dance. A girl came up from behind us, saying, “There’s a place I know if you’re looking for a show where they go hardcore, and there’s glitter on the floor.”

Maggie looked over at me before looking back at the blonde haired girl in front of us. “Let’s go,” she smirked at her, and we were led down the street by the girl.

Five minutes later, she was leading us into this dark alley, and I turned to look at Maggie, unsure if we should be following her. The girl banged on a door, and it suddenly opened, revealing loud music coming from inside. “Here you go,” the girl smiled, allowing us to enter first.

As soon as we walked inside, I knew Maggie and I were going to love the place. Everyone was going crazy and dancing, and just as the girl had said, there was even glitter on the floor. “Come on,” Maggie yelled, pulling on my arm as we made our way to the middle of the dance floor.

Maggie began grinding against some random guy, and I continued dancing until someone came up behind me. I turned around to see a really attractive guy standing there, and all thoughts of Malcolm that were in my head immediately went out the window as I began dancing with the guy.

I continued dancing with him, becoming more hot and sweaty as more people filed into the club. I saw everyone around me taking off their clothes, and I even saw Maggie joining in. Deciding it wasn’t going to harm me, I pulled the halter top off of me, leaving me dancing in my mini skirt and cami.

We continued dancing and drinking for the rest of the night, and as the sun began rising, we were finally told we needed to get out of the place. The man I had been dancing with handed me my abandoned halter top, and I pulled it over my head. He started to walk away before I stopped him, quickly scribbling my name and number on a napkin and handing it to him.

Maggie walked up behind me, putting her hands on my shoulders. “See, told you you’d love it,” she smirked at me. “Now, don’t you wish you would have taken my advice ages ago and dumped Malcolm?” she asked as we slowly made our way outside, squinting at the light coming from the sun.

“You’re right, Maggie,” I smiled. “You’re always right,” I said, putting an arm around her shoulder as we walked off into the sunrise.
♠ ♠ ♠
Word Count: 781 words