I'm Stuck In Here

1/1

Alex was sick of this. Of the silence. He wanted his boyfriend back. Not this angry impostor, walking around as if he was Jack. Alex's Jack would have forgiven Alex for whatever he had done to piss him off so much. He would have forgiven his boyfriend the day after, at the latest. But it had been a week, and Jack was still mad. Alex couldn't even remember why, he just knew that it all had to do with the fight they had. It was over something stupid, Alex was sure of that. Jack holding a grudge was so unlike him. Which just made Alex want the alien out of his freaking house and return his boyfriend. Hey, if Jack was pregnant with some alien baby, he'd be fine with it, as long as his Jack was back.

All kidding aside, Alex was actually worried. Jack didn't speak a word to Alex unless he had to. He barely wanted to be in the same room as him! Even going as far as Jack sleeping on the couch at night, while Alex took the bed. He offered, multiple times, to take the couch, but Jack just shook his head and refused to budge. So, rather than make the boy more mad by bothering him, Alex just gave up and went to bed. The first couple of nights, he figured it was no big deal. They had fought, and Jack would be over it soon. Seven days later, and things hadn't gotten better.

"Jack?" Alex asked hopefully. When he received no answer from the other boy, who was sitting on the couch watching some dumb television show, Alex sighed and took a seat next to him. "Jack, come on! Please stop with the silent treatment. I'm going crazy! What did I do?"

Jack stared at him for a moment, then stood up and shook his head. "I'm just over it, Alex. Everything." He went to the other side of the room and Alex followed him. "It's still about that damn fight."

"Jack, that was such a dumb fight! Do you even remember why it started?" Alex questioned, tilting his head after Jack shook his. Okay, so at least Alex wasn't the only one who couldn't remember. "I mean... I know I said some shitty things. But I'm sorry! I didn't mean any of them!"

Jack only shrugged and slid his hands into his pockets, looking down at the floor, almost as if he was guilty of something. They stood like that for a while, Alex's eyes on Jack, Jack's on the floor. Each one seemed to be waiting for the other to speak. Well, Alex didn't have much else to say, so it was up to Jack to break the ice.

"Look, I'm not making anything any better," Jack said, turning his head towards their bedroom, but keeping his eyes on the ground. "Maybe I should stay at Rian's or Zack's or... well, with someone else."

Alex felt his hopes plummet as he trailed after Jack into the bedroom. He couldn't be leaving. He just couldn't! Not over something so trivial, so pointless! This could be fixed quickly, if only Jack would just talk to him! But now, at this point, he seemed so set on leaving! How could Alex keep him from going?

Suddenly, Alex's eyes popped wide open, as he realized something. As Jack grabbed a bag to fill with some clothes, Alex moved to the bedside table, pulling out the drawer. He didn't look back at Jack, even though he was sure that he was getting an odd look at the moment. Instead, he just kept on what he was doing, taking more time than he really needed to. After a while, Jack distracted himself with his bag again, and Alex moved forward. It was after Jack had finished packing and was zipping up the bag and Alex struck.

In one swift movement, his right arm thrust out to grab Jack's left wrist, then his left arm soon followed. If Jack wasn't already confused, the odd clicking sound he heard made it just that much worse. When Jack looked down again, he saw that Alex was now bound to him by a pair of fuzzy, pink handcuffs.

Those handcuffs were actually for other reasons, obviously. It had been a prank gift given to them by Zack, but Alex had decided that this was a perfect way to keep Jack with him.

"Alex, what are you doing?" Jack asked, wide-eyed and confused.

"Wherever you go, I'm going to. I don't want you to leave," Alex said, shrugging and moving closer to Jack. "I love you. Please don't be mad at me anymore."

If possible, Jack's eyes got wider as he stared at Alex, until he finally burst out laughing. He pulled Alex into a one armed hug, so he didn't hurt Alex or himself, and pressed a kiss to Alex's cheek.

"I love you, too. Especially when you do shit like this. You're adorable," Jack replied, pulling back from the embrace. "I won't go anywhere... but can you please get the key? Pink and fuzzy... not my thing."