Nothing Is Perfect, but It Has to Be Some Day

Games

"Ha! I win again!" I say as I lay down my cards. "You know Lyra for just learning how to play Poker you're pretty good." Sam says skeptically. I smile "Beginner's luck." "Sure, sure. Well time to go to bed. Patrol groups should be switching soon. I smile widely "Yes Paul can stay." I hug Sam and go outside to sit on the porch. About five minutes later I see a familiar
shape walking towards the house.

I jump off the porch and run towards Paul. I see him stop and smile, I jump on him and wrap
my arms around him in a tight hug. He hugs me back and his hand goes towards my lack of hair. "Lyra? What did you do?" "I lean back slightly and look him in the eyes. "It was getting annoying." "Well I like it." I smile widely and kiss him deeply.

He continues to hold me and we walk towards my house. "Bedtime." I say through a yawn. "Yes, bedtime Lyra." I snuggle into his chest and he carries me up the stairs to my room. We lay down on the bed and I curl up, my face buried in his chest.

"How was patrolling?" "Good, nothing out of the ordinary." "Thats good." He nods and kisses my forehead. "You should go to sleep babe. You look exhausted." "I am exhausted." I say through another yawn. "Good night Ly." "Night Paul. I love you." I mumble and I pass out.

I wake up the next morning and Paul is no longer beside me. I just shrug my shoulders and walk into the bathroom. I quickly fix my hair, brush my teeth and put on some more deodorant.

I make my way downstairs and see Emily standing at the stove. I walk up behind her. "Yumm, ham and eggs." She jumps and turns to look at me. "Jeese Lyra you scared the hell outta me." I smile "I'm a sneaky wolf." "Yes, yes you are."

I snatch a piece of ham from the plate beside the stove and walk into the living room where Sam is lounging on the couch. "Do you know where Paul is?" He shakes his head "He left early this morning without saying anything." "Oh ok." "Everything okay between you two?" "It was last night. I don't know what would be wrong." "Hmm weird." I nod in agreement and just continue to watch the T.V.

An hour or so passes and I become extremely bored with watching whatever program Sam was. "I'm going on a run. I'll be back in a little bit." "Okay just be careful. Take your cell." I nod and jog upstairs to change into a pair of my running shorts, a sports bra and a running tank top.

I slip on my Puma's and grab my i-Pod and cell phone. I tuck my phone into the zipper pocket on my shorts and tuck my i-Pod into the arm band on my bicep. I put the ear buds in and take off.

I follow La Push Road until I reach the Forks line. I follow the same road all the way back into La Push. I deviate my path and run my Paul's house. I see him sitting on his porch outside and as soon as we make eye contact he gets up and walks inside. I growl inwardly and sprint towards my house. "Two can play at that game."
♠ ♠ ♠
Running Gear

-------------------

comments are appreciated!

~c.v.

by the waaayyy still looking for some good zacky v./ a7x stories. let me know! =)