Nothing Is Perfect, but It Has to Be Some Day

Motivation

Paul and I walk hand in hand back to my house. We walk inside and Sam and the others are all gathered around the table. "Looks like the two love birds are all good again." Jared says off handedly. I walk over to him and smack him on the back of the head. "Watch it Jare." He holds up his hands in surrender. "Okay okay. I give up." "Good boy." I pat his head and sit down beside Paul.

He grabs my hand underneath the table and draws circles in my palm as Sam starts his normal spiel about patrolling. "And of course Lyra you will stay here with Emily." I sigh angrily and he just gives me a look, which I return. "Paul and I will start rounds now. The rest of you just be ready for when its time to switch." We all nod and he sits back down just in time for Emily to put some food on the table.

Paul and Sam scarf theirs down quickly and stand up to leave. I watch as Sam goes over to Emily and embraces her passionately before he walks out the door. Paul then pulls me up out of my chair and places a few sweet kisses on my lips and one on my forehead. "See you in a little bit Ly." He squeezes my hand as he walks away and follows my brother outside.

I plop back down and pick at my food. "Hey Lyra. Whats wrong?" Jared asks. "I want to patrol. Aaand I hate it when Paul leaves." "Aww someone's in love." Jared mocks as he pokes my sides. I glare at him. "Oh shit you really do love him." I nod and pick apart the muffin that is sitting in front of me. "Yes, very much." Jared pulls me into hug and I hug him back. We pull apart and I set my head down on the table.

"Why don't you go shower and get some sleep. You seem like you need it. Not that you stink or anything. I just know that you went for that really long run earlier and you seem exhausted and such." I laugh. "I know what you meant Jared and that seems like a good idea. If Em asks will you tell her?" He nods in agreement and I thank him.

I run upstairs to my room and immediately strip down. I walk into my bathroom and start up my shower. I pop my iPod into its iHome and Avenged Sevenfold begins playing through the speakers. I test the water and finding that it is just right I step in. I let the hot water roll over my body soothing my tense muscles. I grab my pomegranate shampoo and lather it up in my hair. I rinse and follow it with conditioner.

I quickly wash the dirt and grime from my body and wash my face. I stand under the water until it starts to go cold and finally turn it off. I step out and grab a fresh towel from the cabinet. I wrap it tightly around me and walk into my room. I grab the hair wrap from off of my dresser and wrap up my hair so it can dry. I sit down on my bed and soon lean back and before I know it I feel my eyes growing heavy with sleep.

Someone lightly shaking me wakes me up. I look over at my clock and find that I have been asleep for two hours. I look up and see a familiar pair of chocolate brown eyes. "Mmmm hi Paul." He kisses me tenderly on the lips. "Hi baby. Have a good nap?" I pout and pull him towards me. "No. You weren't here." He chuckles and he moves into a more comfortable position on my bed. He wraps an arm around my towel clad body and pulls me towards him.

He kisses me on the forehead. "So I think you should get dressed." he says suddenly. "Why?" "Because I'm about to do things to you that I shouldn't with other people in the house." He starts rubbing small circles very high up on my thigh. I groan understanding what he means and I get up and go to my dresser. I grab a pair of shorts and tank and quickly throw them on. I take my hair out of the wrap, brush it and walk back over to my bed. I lie down where I was before and snuggle up to Paul. "Happy now?" I ask. He kisses me on the forehead again. "No, but its too early and not the right time." I nod in agreement and rest my head on his chest. I fall asleep to the sound of his heartbeat and the feeling of him rubbing my back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its shorter than normal, I just figured I owed you guys an update.
And sorry for the lack of updates, I've had some major writers block for this story.
Hopefully I'll come out of it soon.

Thanks for the comments!

CV