Nothing Is Perfect, but It Has to Be Some Day

Welcome Home

Paul leads me to the front door. "I'll stop by later if thats ok." I nod and reach out and hug him. He pulls me in closer and I let my head rest on his chest and he rubs my back. He kisses the top of my head. "I'll see you later Lyra." "Bye Paul." I walk inside and see Sam sitting at the kitchen table, his head burried in his hands, with Emily comforting him. I sneak upstairs and put on a pair of shorts and a cami.

I walk back downstairs to see Sam, by himself, waiting on me. "Hey Bug." "Hi Sam." I look down at the table. "Sam, who is my father" "I knew this would come around sooner or later. So I'm just gonna be straight forward with you. Lyra, you're my half sister. We have the same father." "H-how long have you known?" "A few years." "Why didn't anyone tell me?"

"Well our father took off because he found out that he had gotten your mother pregnant. Thats why you lived here. Our grandparents made your mother move to the reservation to keep an eye on her to make sure the pregnancy went ok. I found out, when I was 13, when I found my mother's diary. She had written in it everyday since your mother moved here. Her last entry was on the day you were born. She knew that you were his because we looked so alike. I had contacted your mother when I turned 18 and she willed me legal guradian incase anything happened to her."

I just sit there letting it all sink in. "Oh wow." I whisper. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I just wanted to see if you were going to phase first. And well obviously you did. So, there was no point in hiding it anymore." I just nod and sit there fiddling with my thumbs. "Lyra?" I hear Sam vaguely ask. "Bug?" My head snaps up, tears filling my eyes. "Come here Bug." he holds open his arms and I fling myself into them. "I know Bug, I know. Just know that I am here for you now." "Thanks Sam."

I am startled by the front door swinging open and Jared, Embry and Paul running in. "Sam! We got her scent again!" Jared yells. "Ok ok. Jared Embry. Come with me." He then sighs heavily. "Paul, stay with Lyra." He moves his gaze to me. "Do not leave this house please." He looks back at Paul. "Explain to her whats going on please." Sam hugs me once more and takes off with Jared and Embry.
♠ ♠ ♠
=)

129 readers
35 subscribers

7 comments
Thanks to:
TRENYCE295
Rissa Lynn
forever_free
Angel Devastation
Thedanceingfrog
& Darkangelxoxo1

update hopefully soon.
I have two papers I have to write over the weekend
So we'll see.

<3 C