The Future

Live Each Day...

No one knows what the future holds; it’s a deep mystery waiting to be uncovered. It doesn’t scare me as much as it used to, not knowing what lies a head of me but, it doesn’t exactly comfort me to know that in the snap of someone’s fingers, my life could change for good without me being able to say a word against it.

Five hundred words isn’t a lot for someone to express their opinions on the future out but, it’s something that’s achievable. I don’t believe the future is set in stone nor do I believe the future is something that we have a hold of… I’m not a religious person, not at all but, I believe God controls the roads we walk and has a reason behind everything. One person’s future can’t be changed really by another person’s – fate is all up to God and if some psycho killer decides to kill you, God must have some thought and reasoning behind it, mustn’t he?

People dwell on the past too much and on the future but, truth be told, my opinion on the matter is that if we live each day for today and worry about the future tomorrow, everything should be just fine. Some might not agree with me, some might just say that I dream too much but, I don’t care; it’s my life and I’ll live it the way I want to live it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I wrote this for the school magazine; it was entered in top a contest which all entries had to be less than five-hundred words and it won so, I’m really proud of this.