Status: ITS DONE!

The Aftermath

Chapter Seven

"So, awkward silence, anyone hungry?" Asked DJ.

"Sure." We all said at different times.

"Okay, I am going to make some food, you guys just chill."

"You don't have to let me help." I said.

"No, You need it rest, doctors orders....and mine....sit, stay."

"Speak!" Yelled Kesha. "Ahhhh!" She screamed as she fell of the couch.

"Wow....smart one." Said Kimmie. We all kinda laughed but tried not to make it obvious, that didn't work out to well. DJ stumbles off to the kitchen and I slump down in to the couch while Kimmie, Melissa, and Kesha sat on the other couch. Listening to DJ cook and music playing in the background, it was very realizing. I heard giggling, I glance over to the other couch where Kesha, Kimmie and Melissa were sitting. They all busted up laughing and some what giggling.

"Whats going on?" Asked DJ from the kitchen.

"Nothing," they tried to keep a straight face and failed terribly.

"What are you laughing about?" I asked. They all were gathered around Kimmie on the couch. DJ slowly walked over and stood behind the couch they were sitting at.

"Hello? Are you guys deaf?" I asked, slight giggling soon turned into a hysterical laughing. I now was confused. I walked over to them, Cautiously and looked at the phone screen. In the hospital, when I fell, Kimmie got it on her phone.

"What the hell?! Erase that!" I said.

"No, Never." Kimmie said with a cute smile.

Acting mad, which i kinda was, I tried to make my bay back to my chair. When I tuned around, I didn't realize that Roxy was right behind me. WHACK.

"Hello floor." I mumbled.

"Hmmmm, I think the one at the hospital was just a tad bit more graceful." Said DJ with slight attitude. I glared at them and got up, tried to make my way to my bedroom but yet I failed. DJ comes over and puts her arms around my and told me it was all out of fun, yet once again.

"Whatever." I said, she tried to do her cute smile thing that gets me every time but I didn't look, I kept a mad face. I glanced over my shoulder and saw her face. Cute smile with big blue eyes right in front of me...how could i stay mad at her. *Sigh* I turn around and gave her a hug. Then returned to the couch and waited for dinner.

Dinner was served and we started to eat. Sitting at the table eating with my friends sure beats the hospital by a bunch.

*Ring Ring*

I got up and answered the phone.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Yes Riley Anne?"

"Yeah."

"This is your college. We have noticed that you haven't been here lately. Is there something wrong?"

"I had gotten in a car accident and have been in the hospital."

"Oh I am sorry to hear that are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine. I just got out of the hospital today."

"Well our policy is that you can come back next semester if you would like to free of charge."

"That would be great. But can I get back to you on that. I am kind of busy right now."

"Yes defiantly, call us back later when you have made up your mind, thanks." She hung up.

I slowly walked back to the table and sat down.

"Who was that?" Asked Kesha.

"School." I said. "They wanted to know if I had dropped out or something because I haven't been showing up to school lately. They said for me to take the rest of the year off and come back next year for no cost."

"Take it babe." DJ said. "It would be the best thing for you to do right now."

"Yeah." I mumbled as I looked at my plate. "I don't feel to hungry, I am going to go to my room. Sorry."

"No, it's okay, no offense. Do what you need." Said DJ.

I slowly got up from the table and went to my room. Going threw all of my things and looking through my room. It all came back to me, memories, the crash, high school, past summers, everything.

"Are you okay?" Asked Kimmie standing at my door. I didn't reply. "Riley, are you okay?" she asked again, but yet again I said nothing.

"Are you crying?" She asked.

"Who, me? No, not me, never." I said drying my face. She came in and shut the door and joined me on the bed.

"Its okay," She said. "do what you think is best for your condition right now. Don't go back to college quite yet wait and let your body heal and get better before you hit the books again. Please? For me?"

"Okay." I mumbled. "I will I think I am going to lay down and rest for a while."

"Alright, thank you." She said as she gave me a hug and went out with the others.

Day by day goes by and I'm slowly getting better. My friends decided to come and move in with me and my two dogs. I finally got well enough to resume school and my friends followed me. Having them around saved my life. With out them being there to help me I wouldn't have been here today.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys greatly and I love you all!
<3 Riley