Trophy Eyes

Un.

Everything happens for a reason. My life was tipped upside down and all over the place, but yet I still don’t know why…

Arriving home from college I began my usual daily routine of changing my clothes, getting some homework done and then working on some songs for about an hour.
Music, so cliché but it’s my escape. Escape from the world of normal life, escape from my friends, my home world… into a world of peace and tranquillity. My dream world.

After giving up on lyrics for one evening I moved onto my computer, plugging in my iPod to charge and then opening up a fresh internet page. My evening then consists of going on every music website I can; Kerrang, Rocksound, NME, and entering every competition there is possible. None of which I ever win but there is always that off chance I will. Bands I don’t even like, I’ll enter them.

“Win a signed Guitar by Metallica”
“VIP Tickets for you and a friend to see We Are The Ocean”
“Meet and Greet with Placebo”


And the list went on, half of the bands I’d never heard of, but then, I never won so it made no difference.

Until, one very average day, during the February holidays my whole life changed, because of one small click of “submit”.