Trophy Eyes

Deux.

"Mum, have you seen my notebook?" I asked walking into the kitchen.

"No honey sorry I've not seen it anywhere" she replied.

"Damn ok" I sighed making my way back upstairs.

"Don't be long honey, we have some guests coming over soon" Mum shouted

"Ok" I murmured and continued into my bedroom. I walked over to my dresser and grabbed a ponytail, loosely putting my jet black hair up before making my way over to my guitar on my bed. I loved my guitar, I got it for £2 at a car boot sale; I never understood why they sold it so cheap because it's an amazing guitar. I started learning from when I got it 4 years ago, ever since then I've been hooked, writing my own songs and playing them to my friends and family to see their reactions. It was a true passion of mine. I began to strum a tune of a new song I had been teaching myself recently,

"Heaven can wait up high in the sky,
It’s you and I,
Heaven can wait deep down in your eyes,
I’m yours tonight,
Lay your heart next to mine
I feel so alive,
Tell me you want me to stay, forever
Cause heaven can wait,

Hers a song for the one, who stole my heart,
And ran so-"


"Honey, that’s such a lovely song did you write it?" My mum said slipping inside my bedroom.
"No mum" I chuckled "But I agree it’s a lovely song."
"I hate to ruin you're playing but could you go out and walk the dog and feed the horse? Your Grandpa won't be back until tomorrow and you know who my allergies get"
"Course I will mum, I'll just grab my jumper" I replied

My Grandpa lived with us, ever since Nana Jo passed away 2 years ago, he'd gone to see my aunt for a few days and I had to go and feed his horses while he was away. I loved the horses don’t get me wrong but they did scare me sometimes. I grabbed my jumper and slung on my wellington boots as I made my way outside and down the garden to the dog run.

"Hello Maxxie, do you wanna go for a walk?" I cooed the dog. BARK, of course that’s all I would ever get back from him.

I watched Max run through the long grass of our large fields as if there was no care in the world. I could hear the horse neighing for its food from the stable so I went to feed them. Walking into the shed with all the horse's supplies, I grabbed 2 apples and put them in my pocket before picking up a small bale of hay and carrying it out to the stable.
The aroma of hay and horse manure hit me as I opened the door and threw the hay in.

"Hey Spiral, does someone want an apple?" I cooed the horse like I’d previously done with Max, she soon replied with a loud neigh and budging my pocket with her big nose.

I held one of the apples out as she happily grabbed it from my hand and chomped away and the juiciness. I then gave her the other one and left stable before shutting the door and locking it tight.

Max heard the sound of the door closing and came running up to me, knowing that it was time for his walk.

Walking through the field and up to the riverside, the sun was beating down and Max was running around sniffing everything he could. If only my life was as easy as his, the worst decision he has to make is does he sniff this spot or that. Strange but true. I had a tough year ahead of me with college final exams which were demanding and needed to be passed so I can get into University. Then there is choosing the University to go to, and hoping to get into there, I've already sent off many applications but none have gotten back to me yet. So much stress for a teenage girl.

My phone began to ring from my pockets interrupting my train of thought. I pulled it out of my pocket. 'Mum' it read.

"Hey mum what’s up?"

"Hey honey, the guests are here and Lunch is ready, could you head back now?" she asked

"Okay Mum, see you soon, love you" I replied before pressing end call.

"Come on Max, time to go" I shouted at the dog.

We walked all the way back to the house; I shut him up in his pen and walked into the house.

Upon entering I was graced with the strong scent of cooked turkey.

"Mmm, mama that smells great, I'll just wash my hands and I'll be right through" I shouted.

Hearing a mumbled 'okay' I walked into the kitchen to wash my hands. After drying up I walked into the dining room and froze at the sight in front of me

"Hey!" They all cheered.

What. The. Hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! I updated, sorry it took so long!
Okay so basically my excuse is I'm in my final year of school. Well i've finished school now and I have to take my exams and i really need to ace these so that i can get into college and then get an awesome job and stuff!
Also I want to get some pre-written chapters done on this story before I start posting properly. So please bare with me and I will love everyone who reads this forever and ever!

Much love, X