Status: Finished

Wanna Live It Up Just Because

Chapter 23

Through the entirety of All Time Low's practice, Arpeggio sat in Jack's lap while he played. He didn't want her to stand at the foot of the stage and risk passing out. So he opted to sitting on the floor of the stage. No one complained about his sudden need to sit; they already knew about his obsession with Arpeggio. They just didn't think she would sit in his lap when he offered.

Their practice had been over for fifteen minutes. Arpeggio was still sitting in Jack's lap. He strummed random chords on his guitar. She fiddled with Jack's hair, pulling on random chunks of blonde and black or twirling them around her finger. His hair was fascinating.

"So what are we going to tell Neon?" Jack asked.

"That we're dating," Arpeggio answered.

"You don't think she's going to be mad?"

"Well I can't hide this from her. If she gets mad, she won't stay mad forever."

"If she kills me, I blame you."

Arpeggio rolled her eyes. Neon wouldn't kill him. Or Arpeggio didn't think she would. Badly maim him, maybe. But kill? Never.

Jack smiled down at the girl in his lap. Her fingers plucked at the collar of his shirt. She was just so adorable. He may not have known everything about her yet but he would. They had forever to fully get to know each other. Like he said, he wasn't giving her up. He leaned his face close to hers and brushed his nose against hers. She snapped out of her thoughts, looking into his eyes with her blue ones. He pressed his lips against hers. Her lips immediately moved against his.

She felt she was getting better at this kissing thing. The first kiss was hesitant and she didn't what she was doing. But she had a better handle on it now. Jack had snuck kisses throughout the practice. Anytime Alex caught them kissing, he would jokingly threaten to tell Neon. It had become a sort of game for the two band members. Arpeggio wasn't complaining though; she enjoyed Jack's kisses.

Jack stopped strumming his guitar to place his hands on Arpeggio's waist. His hand slipped under the hem of her shirt, rubbing small circles on her back. Arpeggio gasped against Jack's lips at the sudden skin contact. Jack took the opportunity to let his tongue infiltrate her mouth for the first time. His tongue caressed hers, trying to provoke it into movement. Arpeggio could feel the fire in the pit of her stomach again. On animalistic instinct, she released a moan.

"You know, when I suggested you two fuck, I didn't mean on the stage," Dorian's voice stated.

The two jolted apart and looked toward the front of the stage, eyes wide. Neon, Lestat, and Dorian stood at the foot of the stage. Arpeggio took in each person's expression; none appeared to be angry, nor surprised. Dorian looked downright amused by the entire situation. Lestat had one eyebrow raised and Neon looked surprisingly calm.

"Hey, guys," Jack's voice was weak.

He had just been caught in mid-make out session with Arpeggio. Somehow, he didn't think this would end well.

"Are you two at least dating?" Neon asked, pushing some pink hair from her eyes.

"Yeah," Jack squeaked.

Could he help being terrified of Neon? He may have acted like he didn't care about what she thought but he did care about his safety.

She was about as terrifying as a father with a shotgun.

"Well then, I need to speak with you alone. So if you wouldn't mind, please detangle yourself from my sister and come down here," Neon commanded.

Arpeggio removed herself from under Jack's guitar and from his lap. He stood, placing his guitar on the stand near him and taking hold of her hand. Together they walked down the stairs to the three RxN members.

"You two can go back to making out like hormonal teenagers after I'm done talking to you, Jack," Neon said.

Jack released a breath he hadn't been aware he was holding. Neon wasn't going to kill him. That was a plus. But what did she need to talk to him about?

"In my defense, I am a teenager," Arpeggio said.

Neon smiled at her sister's remark. Arpeggio was opening up to everyone around her. Neon had a feeling it was because of Jack.

"Come on, Jack," Neon demanded, walking away from the group.

"I'll be back," Jack kissed Arpeggio's forehead and followed Neon.

When Jack was out of hearing distance, Lestat and Dorian let out an "aw".

"I'll be back," Lestat mimicked Jack's voice.

He pecked the top of Dorian's head in an over exaggerated fashion. Dorian fanned himself in a mock swoon.

"Fuck you guys," Arpeggio mumbled.

"Nah, you can fuck Jack," Dorian replied.

Arpeggio glared. Lestat smirked. His eyes caught on her bottom lip. Something was different about it.

"Is your lip swollen?" Lestat asked.

The statement drew Dorian's eyes to Arpeggio's lips.

"Oh my gosh. You already have a swollen lip? What have you two been doing?" Dorian asked.

Dorian reached to touch her lip but Arpeggio pushed his hand away. She covered her mouth with one hand in an attempt to shield it from Dorian and Lestat's eyes.

"Neon is going to flip," Dorian exclaimed.

"Don't tell her," Arpeggio's plea came out muffled due to the hand covering her mouth.

"Sweetie, she is going to see that at some point."

"I'll tell her I fell."

"On your lips?" asked Lestat.

"No, she fell on Jack and he happened to catch her with his lips," Dorian answered.

Arpeggio groaned. They were not going to let her live this down anytime soon, she knew that. They were more like annoying younger brothers than her older band mates sometimes.

Arpeggio looked to where Jack and Neon were standing. They were in clear view but she couldn't hear a single thing they were saying. Arpeggio hoped Neon wasn't being rude to Jack. She also hoped Neon wouldn’t notice her swollen lip when she returned to the group. Arpeggio could see Jack's eyes go wide; his mouth moved in a question form. Neon nodded her head.

"What is she telling him?" Arpeggio asked, turning to the two older males.

"She's just telling him about some things necessary to understand to be with you," Lestat answered.

"Like," Arpeggio pushed.

"The fact that you don't know what a condom is," Dante blurted, trying to keep himself from laughing.

"Are you serious?"

Dante bit his lip and nodded. At any moment he would bust into laughter.

"I'm afraid so, dear," Lestat stated.

"Why is she doing that?"

"So he knows not to push you into things you don't understand."

"He's going to think I'm a freak."

"Why would he think that?"

"Because I'm obviously supposed to know these things. Dorian wouldn't be on the verge of laughing if I wasn't supposed to know."

"Arpeggio, its okay not to know. Jack will care about you regardless."

Arpeggio shrugged. Lestat figured she wouldn't talk much more to him about the subject. He noted that this was probably the longest conversation they had; Arpeggio had never been one for talking to people, her band mates included. She was slowly opening up.

Jack and Neon walked back toward the small group. Arpeggio was nearly bouncing in anticipation of how Jack took the news.

"We have to go meet back up with Jazz, Dante, and Grim for a photo shoot," Neon stated, "You're coming with us, Arpeggio. The organization wants you in the picture."

Arpeggio almost groaned. Today was not a day to be having photo shoots. Her blood sugar was fluctuating too much and her head was beginning to spin.

"I'll see you later, cutie," Jack leaned down and pressed his lips to Arpeggio's.

His arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her close to him. Arpeggio's arms wrapped around Jack's neck. She melted into the kiss. Neon cleared her throat, causing the two to jump apart.

"Let's go," Neon commanded, a smile on her face.

Arpeggio happy made Neon happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to musicxloverx2, tq6776, adoration, MissTina170, toodaloobaby, AdamsBabe, picklesmcgee, mama-val (who commented twice), xoxoETFxoxo, samsstoryaccount, devils.reject08, Sore Winner, and Erinnnn.xo.
And thank you to any new subscribers.
So I'm not sure anymore of how long this story is going to be.
I know where I'm going to end it and generally how I'm going to end it,
But I don't know exactly what events are going to take place anymore.
I may have to do a second story following Neon...
It just depends on how this turns out.
I was writing one of the chapters and I threw myself an unintended curveball.
Anyway,
I hope you enjoyed.
Comment/Subscribe?
xoxo
Lyric-Celeste