Status: Finished

Wanna Live It Up Just Because

Chapter 31

Arpeggio leaned her head on Lestat's back, slipping her eyes shut. She kept her legs tightly wrapped around his waist but let her arms dangle on his shoulders. The morning of meeting bands had taken all of her energy. RxN was on their way to meet two speakers that would be giving presentations on their stage. In meeting the bands that would be performing with them, they realized that everyone on their stage had a member in their band that attempted suicide.

"I bet one of them is Renee Yohe," Dorian stated.

"She'll probably make an appearance on every stage," Neon said.

"Well, Ms. Smarty Pants, who do you think the other speaker is?"

"No idea."

Dante sighed, "It's probably Pete Wentz. We all know Fall Out Boy isn't performing."

Dorian gasped in the most dramatic fashion he could muster. Arpeggio lifted her head to stare at him.

"He threatens my sexiness. I will not allow it," he proclaimed.

"And what do you plan on doing if it is him?" asked Dante, not bothering to spare Dorian a second glance.

"Duel, Yu-Gi-Oh style."

"Which version?"

"Old school, mother fucker," Dorian exclaimed.

"Do you even know how to play Yu-Gi-Oh?"

"No. But that's what I have Jazz for, right Jazz?" Dorian turned to Jazz.

"Do I get to wear a Japanese school girl uniform like Kagome?" Jazz asked.

"I don't know who that is but go ahead."

"I'm in."

"You two are off your rockers," Lestat mumbled.

Arpeggio sighed, resting her head against Lestat's shoulder again. She had the hood of her Hello Kitty sweater up to shield her eyes from the sun and hide the hickey on her neck. Neon hadn't had enough time to hide the mark that morning so they resorted to hiding it with her hair and sweater. It was too hot outside to keep the sweater on for long periods of time, so Arpeggio switched between the two hiding methods.

Her pocket vibrated; she ignored it, snuggling her face deeper into Lestat's shoulder.

"You got a text," Lestat whispered to the drummer on his back.

Arpeggio made a noise in acknowledgment of his statement but stayed in her rested position on his back.

"Are you going to answer it?" he asked, noting that she hadn't moved.

Arpeggio shook her head against Lestat's back.

"What if it's important?" he asked.

"I don't care," Arpeggio mumbled.

She only wanted to go back to sleep. Lestat was ruining her chances of that. Or rather the person who texted her was ruining her chances of sleeping.

"Answer it. It could be your boy toy," Lestat stated.

"He's not my boy toy," Arpeggio grumbled.

"Well I'm pretty sure you have him wrapped around your diabetic finger."

"Shut up."

Arpeggio removed one arm from its spot dangling on Lestat's shoulder and reached into the pocket of her jeans, careful not to upset the insulin pump residing above her pocket. She pulled her cell phone out, flipped it open and brought it to her face to inspect the message that interrupted her sleep time.

'I miss you' the text read, with a frowny face at the end.

It was from Jack. He had gotten her number that morning so he could text her during the day. So far, he had only texted her once asking if she would be free to eat dinner with him. They both knew lunch was out of the question; that was the time RxN would be spending with the speakers. Arpeggio told him she would have to ask Neon closer to dinner time, seeing as she had no idea how the schedule was working out today.

His message made her smile, though they had seen each other in the morning.

'I miss you too' she typed with one hand and sent. She returned the phone to her pocket.

"So, who was it?" Lestat asked.

"Jack," Arpeggio responded.

"Boy toy? What did he want?"

"To tell me he missed me."

"Aw. He's already whipped."

"He's just being nice."

"Hey, Neon," Lestat said.

"What?" Neon asked.

"What do you call it when a guy texts you telling you he misses you?"

"Depends, who texted first?"

"The guy."

"Being whipped."

"See?" Lestat asked Arpeggio.

"Wait, Jack texted you to tell you he missed you?" Neon asked.

This caught Dorian's attention. He immediately bounced over to Lestat and Arpeggio's side. His hand reached into Arpeggio's pocket to fish out her phone just as the object vibrated. Broad smile on his face, he flipped the phone open to read the text. Arpeggio watched him in astonishment. Did Dorian really just take her phone?

"Aw, he put a heart and said that he really hopes he can eat dinner with you tonight," Dorian giggled, "What do you want me to text back?"

"Give me my phone," Arpeggio commanded.

"That doesn't fit with what he just said. How about," Dorian paused and tapped his chin with the phone, "Oh I know, how about 'I'll be your dessert tonight, stud'? I think that works."

"No," Arpeggio exclaimed reaching for her phone.

"You don't like that? Well then I could tell him that you want him to cover you in hickeys. I'm pretty sure that's true."

Of course he would bring up the hickey. As if the swollen lip wasn't enough for him to pick on.

"Just give me my phone."

"No, I think I'll keep it," Dorian closed the phone and slipped it into his pocket.

"Dorian, give her the phone before she has a conniption fit," Dante cut in.

Dorian sighed, "Fine."

Pouting, he pulled the phone from his pocket and handed it over to Arpeggio. She took it from his hands, smiling at the small victory. With one hand, she flipped the phone open to read over Jack's text. True to Dorian's word, there was a heart made from the less than sign and a three followed by 'I really hope we can eat dinner together tonight.'

Arpeggio quickly replied telling him she too hoped they could have dinner together and making a heart.

"What did you tell him?" Dorian asked.

"That you're a douche bag," Arpeggio replied.

Lestat and Neon laughed; Jazz stared at Arpeggio like she had grown three heads. Dorian's mouth hung open. No one in the group was used to hearing Arpeggio joke around like that. It was something new for them.

"Oh snap," Dante grinned.

"Did I just get told by a seventeen year old drummer?" Dorian clarified.

"I do believe you did," Dante answered.

Arpeggio smirked at him. Where her new found confidence came from, she didn't know. It could have been Jack's doing. It could have been from reenacting the suicide attempt and realizing she was better than that. It could have been from connecting with Neon. Or maybe she was just growing mentally like she should have before she turned into a shell of a person.

"I'll have my revenge soon; just you wait," Dorian added a fake cackle at the end of his statement for effect.

Arpeggio giggled, leaned over and flicked his nose. Dorian's eyes widened in shock at the action. Arpeggio normally avoided physical contact with him at all cost; he wasn't used to the carefree girl on Lestat's back. But he had to admit, he liked this better.

The group stopped in front of the building they were to meet the speakers in.

"Ready?" Neon asked.

Various confirmations were her reply. She twisted the door knob, pushing the door open and walking in first; followed by Jazz, Dante, Dorian, and lastly Lestat with Arpeggio still on his back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to tq6776, am i good enough?, toodaloobaby, mama-val, Hello My Name Is..., ClearlyNotGoodEnough, musicxloverx2, and xXheyloveXx.
And thank you to any new subscribers.
I know Kagome is part of Inuyasha; not part of Yu-Gi-Oh.
But I don't care.
So I wrote my first original slash for some contest.
And it was pretty fun.
If any of you like slash, you should check it out (The Only Exception)
I hope you enjoyed.
Comment?
Subscribe?
xoxo
Lyric-Celeste