Status: Finished

Wanna Live It Up Just Because

Chapter 34

The members of RxN entered the tent set up for food. It was already half full; a majority of the bands were seated and eating. The managers were in a meeting and would not be showing up till later on. Some merch workers were there, most likely finished with inventory and setting out a table in their band's designated spot. Most of the other workers were also in meetings, getting things set for the concert to occur in a couple of days. A bulk of the people that would be eating were bands and merch workers; until later when the rest of their crews showed up.

Arpeggio let her eyes wander the crowd as she followed the rest of the band to the line for the buffet. She recognized a few bands from their own stage. Pete, Renee, and multiple other people who obviously weren't there with any bands sat at one table, talking animatedly. She figured those were all the speakers. She didn't know any of them, at least not from this distance.

Her eyes scanned the bands. She couldn't recognize them either. Sure, she loved her share of music but she never took the time to find out what her favorite bands looked like. She did know a couple of people, like Hayley Williams and Gerard Way. She knew them due to her band mates' obsessions. Neon nearly idolized Hayley Williams and Dante thought Gerard Way was the hottest thing on the planet, though he would never admit it if asked. But Arpeggio didn't know anyone else.

She couldn't find Jack in the puddle of people. All Time Low must have still been taking care of their business.

Arpeggio's heart plummeted to her stomach. She really wanted to eat with Jack today. Though she would see him back at the hotel, the thought didn't comfort her. She enjoyed being around him. Probably too much for her own good but she didn't care.

Arpeggio saw Hayley Williams point RxN out to one of the girls at her table. The girl's head shot up, eyes widening with excitement. She must have been a fan. The girl jumped from her seat, knocking it over in the process. Arpeggio glanced at her band mates. They hadn't noticed the girl, or didn't show any acknowledgement of noticing her. Lestat and Dorian were involved in a fight over a slice of bacon, though the entire tray was full of the meat. Dante was trying desperately to make them stop. Neon and Jazz were betting on who would win.

Oh well, she would let her band mates get mobbed by fans. She would get some entertainment from it.

"Hi," a feminine voice drew her attention.

Arpeggio turned her head. It was the girl who had just stood. Why was she talking to her? Maybe she needed Arpeggio to take a picture or get the band's attention. Arpeggio had done that on multiple occasions.

"Did you need me to get them to stop arguing?" Arpeggio asked.

No use beating around the bush, so to speak.

The girl tilted her head to the side and her brows drew together. She kept a large smile on her face.

"Um, no. I wanted to ask you to sign this," she held out a copy of RxN's most recent CD and a sharpie.

"Me?" Arpeggio clarified.

She couldn't have possibly wanted Arpeggio's autograph. Arpeggio was sure she had mistaken her for someone else. That would have been pretty hard considering she was following her band.

The girl nodded enthusiastically.

"Why?" Arpeggio asked.

"You're the drummer for RxN. Why wouldn't I want your autograph?" the girl retaliated.

By now, the rest of the band had drawn their attention from the bacon argument to the conversation going on between the drummer and the girl.

"Most people don't," Arpeggio answered.

The girl bit her lip and shifted her weight on her feet.

"I look up to you. I mean you're younger than me so that doesn't make much sense. But I'm diabetic too. It's amazing that you can get up on stage everyday of your tours without a break. I know how hard it is. You manage to get on stage and do what you love to. I think it's admirable. I'm here with Paramore as one of their merch girls and they don't understand what my body goes through a majority of the time, nor do they seem to see why I idolize you," the girl rambled.

Arpeggio was dumbfounded. It had been awhile since someone had told her they looked up to her. But never had someone who was older than her told her they idolized her.

"Oh, well, I'd love to sign your CD," Arpeggio outstretched her hand for the disk container and sharpie.

The girl's smile grew as she handed the objects to the drummer. Arpeggio opened the sharpie and wrote the signature she rarely had to useā€”the one with the large, cursive "A" and curving letters that vaguely resembled her name. It was messy but Arpeggio liked it that way.

She handed the CD back to the girl, who squealed and wrapped her arms around Arpeggio in a hug.

"Thank you so much," she said when she had released Arpeggio.

The girl turned and skipped away.

"Well, that was something new," Neon stated, "Here."

Neon gave Arpeggio a plate of food. She had taken it upon herself to pick out what her sister would eat while she was conversing with a fan. Arpeggio took the plate. As a group, just as they came in, the band migrated to an empty table. Arpeggio took a seat next to her older sibling and proceeded to pick at her food.

"Where's boy toy?" asked Lestat.

Arpeggio shrugged. She wished she knew where he was but she wasn't going to text him asking him. She felt she would come off as an overbearing girlfriend if she did.

"Shouldn't you know these things? Keep your man on a leash," Jazz said.

Arpeggio rolled her eyes, proceeding to take a bite of the salad on her plate. Her phone vibrated in her pocket. She pulled the small object out and flipped it open. A text message had caused the movement of her phone.

'Stand up and turn around' the text message read.

Under sender was Jack's name. Why would he be asking her to do that?

"Who's it from?" Dante asked.

"Jack," Arpeggio said, clearly distracted.

Arpeggio stood, as the text message demanded, and turned around. She caught sight of Jack's tall frame in the entrance of the tent.

"Cutie," Jack yelled, gaining the attention of everyone under the tent.

He ran to her with his lanky legs. Arpeggio took a few steps forward and outstretched her arms. When Jack reached her, he wrapped his arms around her waist, picking her up and spinning her in circles. Arpeggio wrapped her own arms around Jack's neck to keep from falling out of his grip and her legs around his waist. Jack fell to the ground laughing, Arpeggio on top of him giggling.

"Be careful, Jack," Neon warned.

She couldn't contain the amusement in her voice. Though Neon was worried about Arpeggio, the girl seemed fine. Neon wasn't going to force them to stop their fun.

Jack leaned upward, pecking Arpeggio on her lips. As he pulled away, Arpeggio pressed her lips against his. She hadn't seen him all day and she missed him. Could she help herself?

"No sexing in the middle of the tent," Dorian teased.

Arpeggio, keeping her lips to Jack's, shot Dorian the middle finger. Dorian's jaw dropped; the rest of the band laughed.

"She just flicked me off," Dorian exclaimed.

Jack pulled away from the kiss, joining in on the laughter.

"Maybe she wanted to sex under the tent," Jazz said.

"That could be pretty exciting. But I never pegged her for an exhibitionist," Lestat said.

"There's more to Arpeggio than meets the eyes," Neon stated.

"You guys suck," Arpeggio mumbled.

Jack leaned forward again, pressing his lips to Arpeggio. She smiled into the kiss. Wolf whistles and cheers from her band, as well as unknown people, met her ears.

Arpeggio had to admit, she was the happiest she had been in her entire life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to Dearly.hated, tq6776, breepocket, Erinnnn.xo, Party Queen, jackATTACK!, picklesmcgee, iwishiwas, BlackHeartRomance, musicxloverx2, am i good enough?, ContentToLetMeShine, Myssa is stellar, Hello My Name Is..., and MissTina170.
And thank you to any new subscribers.
When I said Neon story, I did mean a Neon/Alex story.
And you guys will be getting that after I post all of this one.
I hope you enjoyed.
Comment/Subscribe?
xoxo
Lyric-Celeste