Status: Finished

Wanna Live It Up Just Because

Chapter 40 (END)

The airplane was near empty. Besides the members of RxN, there was no one there. Disability passengers had been boarded but regular passengers had not. The band waited anxiously for the plane to finish boarding and to head home. They had yet to shower from the performance that happened earlier in the day, having to resort to various items to keep them smelling fresh.

They couldn't afford to have their youngest member miss more school than necessary. Though she wasn't against avoiding school all together.

Arpeggio stared out of the window, twirling a strand of her blue hair. Outside, the sky was black and the moon hung in the distance. The festival was over and the band would go home to work on their new album.

Well, first they were going to shoot a video for Alone. Neon was finally okay with the idea of making a music video. She promised she wouldn't cry unless it was necessary.

And all the while, Arpeggio would go to school and graduate. Then she would turn eighteen.

Arpeggio didn’t know when Jack would be on his way back to Baltimore but she knew she would get to see him. Just because they were leaving Los Angeles didn't mean their relationship would end. They would stay together. Jack made sure she knew where he lived, forcing her to repeat the address back to him a number of times like a mother letting her child go to their first day of school. Arpeggio didn't mind his persistence though; he gave her a kiss everytime she got it right.

She removed her hands from her hair and placed them in her lap. Her eyes remained glued to the scenery outside. They would most likely remain looking out there for the remainder of the trip. Neon was not going to be in the seat next to her, instead residing across the aisle next to another empty seat. Someone switched their tickets around; it was the only explanation as to why the siblings weren't near each other. Arpeggio had no idea who would be sitting in the empty seat next to her. She didn't really care to find out.

She knew to yell "stranger danger" or "rape" if necessary.

Her fingers fiddled with the wire of her bubblegum pink insulin pump. She bought the pink insulin pump as a spare when she repainted her room. It may not have matched her hair but it did match her walls. She would have to get a new one though. Having two at all times was a necessity in case one stopped working for whatever reason. Neon would take her to the doctor to get a new insulin pump, have one of her check ups, and get birth control.

Neon wanted to make sure there would be no accidents if Jack and Arpeggio decided to get closer. In nine short months, Arpeggio would be eighteen. If Jack was capable of waiting that long, his resolve to keep Arpeggio a virgin would surely break on her birthday.

Arpeggio was about as hormonal as Jack, though, so it wouldn't be his fault entirely.

Arpeggio bit on her lip. She wanted to plane to takeoff so they could get home. Her bed was calling to her.

"I swear to Lady Gaga, if you hit me again, you son of a bitch, I'm going to cut you," Dorian threatened in the seat behind her.

"Of course you would swear to a transvestite," Lestat retaliated.

Whoever decided to put Lestat and Dorian sitting next to each other in the row behind Arpeggio was a sick human being.

"She is not a transvestite," Dorian exclaimed.

"How would you know?" Lestat asked.

"I don't."

"Exactly."

"If she is really a man, she's a prettier man than you are."

"Did you just call me ugly?"

"Think what you will, vampire boy."

"Shut up," Dante demanded.

Arpeggio held in her groan. This would be the longest plane ride of her life.

"Hi, cutie, is Neon here?" a familiar voice asked.

Arpeggio turned to the owner of the voice, knowing full well who it was. No one else she knew called her "cutie." The blonde and black haired male was crouched next to the seat on the side of her. His Labrador brown eyes flashing with mischief.

He knew he quoted himself. That was the first thing he had ever said to her; that was where her nickname came from.

"Is this the part where I run?" asked Arpeggio.

"No," Jack stood and sat in the seat next to her.

"Why are you sitting in that chair?"

"This is my seat."

"I thought you guys were leaving after us."

Jack could very well be sitting in the seat illegally. Arpeggio didn't put it past him to sneak onto an airplane.

"We changed our tickets."

Arpeggio looked over Jack's shoulder. Sure enough, all of the members of All Time Low were finding their seats.

"Why?"

Jack shrugged, "Contrary to popular belief, I didn't plan this. I figured you could use the airplane ride as a break from me. But now you're stuck with me."

"I don't need a break from you," Arpeggio took hold of his hand, lacing their fingers together, "Were you the one who changed our seats?"

"Nope, that was the same person who planned us leaving early."

Jack glanced over his shoulder with a smile. Across the aisle, Alex was sliding into the empty seat next to Neon. Alex planned this?

"Why did he do that?" asked Arpeggio.

"He's trying to woo his future woman," Jack whispered.

"But Neon doesn't fall for cheesy stuff."

"Regardless, he's trying. No more talk about them; its kissing time," Jack leaned over the armrest, pushing his lips to Arpeggio's.

"No sex on the plane," Dorian exclaimed.

"Remind me to tell the flight attendants to disinfect those seats," Lestat said.

Arpeggio pulled away from the kiss, glaring at the two members harassing her.

"When I get the packet of peanuts, they're going in your hair," she threatened.

"Quick, Lestat, tell the flight attendants that she can't have peanuts because she's diabetic," Dorian commanded.

"Dorian, your voice grates my ears. Shut up," Dante commanded.

Arpeggio groaned and leaned her head against Jack's shoulder. He ran his fingers through her hair on instinct. The argument going on between Dorian and Dante fell on deaf ears. No one stepped in to stop them or took the time to listen to them. Dante was only fighting back because he was cranky. He would likely fall asleep in the middle of the argument.

"You know, Jack," Neon started, "This whole argument could have been avoided if you weren't so hormonal."

"It's an All Time Low trait," Jack retaliated.

"I'm sure."

"Just wait. One day, you'll see."

"Whatever you say, Jack."

Neon turned away from Jack to talk to Alex. Arpeggio lifted the armrest separating her body from Jack's and snuggled into his side. His arm wrapped around her shoulder. She felt his lips brush against the top of her head. Now, she could deal with the plane ride home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to musicxloverx2, jackATTACK!, Erinnnn.xo, managemischief, stay positive, tq6776, picklesmcgee, Myssa is stellar, and RawrItsEllie.
Thank you to breepocket for the profile comment.
Thank you to anyone who subscribed recently.
Yeah, its over.
But I should be posting the first chapter of the sequel later today.
Comment or message me if you want me to tell you personally when it's up.
So my final words for this story:
I want to thank you all for being amazing readers and keeping me motivated.
I honestly didn't think this story would be that good simply because I had never written in third person before.
But you let me know you enjoyed- either by commenting, subscribing, or messaging me.
So thank you.
Any final comments?
Oh and I love Lady Gaga so that line in there was no offence to her.
xoxo
Lyric-Celeste