Status: Finished

Wanna Live It Up Just Because

Chapter 7

The members of RxN stood in the lobby of the hotel, making a semicircle around Grim. He shifted through the set of plastic cards in his hand. Every few seconds, he would glance at the paper clutched between two fingers.

"Grim, would you hurry up and give us our room keys?" Dorian demanded.

Dorian never was patient. Waiting seemed to drive him insane. When Arpeggio had her hypoglycemic attacks that caused her to go to the hospital in a coma, he would pace around her hospital room and poke her cheek till she woke up. Sometimes he would sing horribly off-key in hopes she would open her eyes from the glass shattering noise.

It did work on one occasion.

"Shut up, Dorian. I'm trying to make sure I give you the right keys," Grim stated.

"What does it matter? We'll end up sleeping in each other's rooms anyway."

Grim looked at Dorian, slight fear glinting in his eyes.

"Well, you see..." Grim trailed off.

"What are you hiding?" Neon asked.

"You guys will be sharing rooms with another band," Grim stated.

The band stared, wide-eyed, at their manager. Deep down, Arpeggio had a feeling this was not going to go well. And she was sure the rest of the band felt it too.

"What other band?" Neon asked.

Grim bit his bottom lip. An escape plan slowly formulated in his head. It wasn't the best plan, nor the most ingenious, but he was sure it would get him out of the grasp of the band members. Specifically Neon Lowry, who would kill him when she realized who she was rooming with. Neon's sister would be the only one he wouldn't have to worry about; she wasn't the violent type.

"Grim?" Neon pushed.

He gave the band a toothy grin before shoving the room keys and room assignment sheet into Neon's hands and running. The band members stood shocked for a moment.

"That bastard did something he's going regret," Neon grumbled.

She had the feeling that they were going to share rooms with All Time Low. Besides RxN, they were the only other band here. But it didn't make sense. Why would Grim agree to coed rooms? Not that anything was going to happen between the females of RxN and the boys of All Time Low. It’s the principal of the matter. Plus, he should know about Neon's inability to be civil towards them. Jack's newfound fascination for her sister only made it more difficult.

Neon had to yet to find out what happened between the two. She would be sure to ask Arpeggio the minute the opportunity arose.

"Alright, let's get the keys handed out," Neon glanced at the list.

She handed the keys out as instructed. Arpeggio was assigned to the same room as her, that was to be expected, but Jazz wasn't. Who decided it would be a smart idea to split up the females?

"Why am I in the same room as Dorian?" asked Jazz.

"I don't know," mumbled Neon.

"Well, there are two of us assigned to each room," Dante pointed out.

This was true. Dorian and Jazz were in one room; Dante and Lestat in another; Neon and Arpeggio in the last.

"I guess we should go see who our roommates are," Lestat suggested.

At this point, Neon didn't want to. She wanted to turn and walk out the hotel's revolving doors. She'd take Arpeggio with her just so her younger sibling wouldn't be corrupted by those assholes. However, they wouldn't get far considering Neon got stuck in the revolving door when they first entered the hotel.

That wasn't her fault though. Dorian had decided to run around in the revolving doors while Neon was entering. The doughnuts were catching up with him.

"I guess," Neon sighed.

As a group, they walked to the elevators visible in the crowded lobby. Neon clicked the button with the up arrow. Seconds later, Dorian began clicking the button at an alarming rate.

"Dorian, chill," Dante instructed.

"It's taking too damn long," Dorian exclaimed.

A few bystanders gave him a disapproving look. No one in the hotel recognized the members of the band simply because of their "disguises." Once again, all the members except Arpeggio had their hoods up and sunglasses on.

The elevator doors opened; Dorian rushed in, followed by the other band members. Neon pressed the small circle with a 3 on it.

Much to their pleasure, all the rooms were on the same floor. They could keep an eye on each other that way. The band didn't need anyone dying or murdering another person.

With a light swoosh the doors closed and jerked into movement. The elevator music hardly soothed any of Arpeggio's nerves. Not only was she worried about the rooming situation, but she was worried about the interview.

Arpeggio had only been to one interview and it wasn't with the rest of the band members. The questions were standard ones about living with diabetes. The only question related to the band was how long she had been playing the drums. That question alone almost made her cry when she recalled taking lessons from her sister's boyfriend of the time, the original drummer of RxN. Now they would ask how they formed as a band. There wouldn't be a dry eye among the members, she was sure of that.

Would they expect her to talk? She really didn't want to. Neon would probably take control of the situation for her. Or so she hoped.

It was in Neon's nature to do so. She never let Arpeggio become uncomfortable or scared; she was always there to take control. Granted, she had a habit of taking control of Arpeggio's entire life.

Arpeggio wondered what would happen if she or her older sister ever got married. Would Neon let her liver her life or would she continue controlling things?

Would Arpeggio even be able to find a husband who could handle the side effects of her diabetes?

The elevator doors opened again, this time on the third floor instead of the lobby. The nonstop trip to the floor was quick but not quick enough for Dorian. He pushed through the group and out of the elevator, stopping to face them.

"Come on," he commanded, tapping his foot impatiently.

Jazz rolled her eyes, stepping out of the elevator. He grabbed her arm and took off running to their room. The remaining members, used to Dorian's behavior, calmly stepped out of the elevator.

"I'll text Grim to see when we have to be ready and then I'll text you," Lestat said to Neon.

"Okay, I'll see you later then."

Lestat nodded. He and Dante walked down the hall, out of sight.

"Let's go," Neon commanded.

Arpeggio followed her sister through the winding hallways of the hotel. They stopped in front of room 312. Neon took a deep breath.

"Ready?" she asked her younger sibling, staring at the closed door.

Even though her sister probably couldn't see her from her peripheral vision, Arpeggio nodded. Neon stuck the key in the door and pushed it open. She walked into the room, Arpeggio hiding behind her. She stopped in her tracks when she reached the sleeping area, causing Arpeggio to almost run into her.

"Why?" Neon groaned.

"Well, hello, Neon," the smirk was evident in the masculine voice.

Arpeggio stepped around her sister, recognizing the two men in an instant.

"Cutie!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to kycoolgirl-loves-a7x (commented twice), mama-val (happy belated birthday), DestructionOfAStatue, paramore23, MissTina170, Georgiaz, and toodaloobaby (who I'm pretty sure commented right when I posted this).
And thank you to any new subscribers.
I hope you enjoyed.
Comment?
xoxo
Lyric-Celeste