Sequel: Second Heartbeat

Shattered by Broken Dreams

chapter 19 (final chapter)

I look down at my every growing belly. I have been so tired lately. I can’t really stand; I get exhausted just walking to the bathroom. I haven’t been downstairs since my last appointment a week ago. Gena is trying all she can to make me comfortable. The doctors are surprised I am still pregnant. With having my little boy still so small and me being just over nine and a half months. Brian is worried that I will go into labor soon and everything. I don’t know I still have my bad feeling. Zacky and Gena just left for her parents for two weeks and Zacky didn’t want to go but she made him.

I stand up and walk to the bathroom and sit down on the toilet. I start going and hear something downstairs. I wonder if Val is here. I walk out and look downstairs and I see in the mirror downstairs a guy in a ski mask. I gasp and walk to my room and close the door a little too hard. I hear footsteps coming up the stairs. I try my hardest to walk to my closet but the door opens.

“You.” I hear and turn around.

“Please don’t hurt me.” I pleaded.

“Oh shut it, what’s your name sweetie?” He asked.

“Um Sam.” I said scared shitless.

“Well I’m Tom, and you are coming with me.” He said.

“Wait I’m pregnant.” I said.

“I know.” He said and shoved me out of the room and hurried me down the stairs. I was still
scared as hell. He pushed me into a van and locked the door.

“No talking.” He said. I nodded. He started driving. I was breathing heavily. I felt a pain.

“Oh my god.” I whispered.

“What did I say?” He asked turning on the radio, loudly. I took this chance to call someone.

“Hello.” I hear.

“Chelle. Help me.” I whisper.

“Sam I can’t hear you.” She said laughing.

“Help me.” I said louder but felt another pain and cried.

“Sam what’s wrong?” She asked.

“I don’t know some creep took me from my house and shoved me in a van.” I said.

“What?” She asked.

“Yeah.” I said.

“Why would someone do that to you?” She asked.

“I don’t know.” I said. I felt another pain and then felt something wet down there.

“Oh shit.” I said.

“Sam what’s wrong?” She asked.

“Either I just peed myself or my water broke.” I said.

“Dammit I said no fucking talking.” He said and pulled over and got out. I quickly closed my
phone and felt another pain. I screamed as he came in back and ripped me out.

“You need to shut up Samantha Haner.” He said.

“How do-.” I screamed out.

“Why are you screaming?” He asked.

“My water just broke dumbass.” I said.

“Don’t call me that.” He said and shoved me to the ground. He laughed and walked away
and got in the van and drove off. I screamed and held my stomach about two minutes later.

“I have to call someone.” I said. I looked through my contacts and looked around. Zacky. I dialed his number.

“Yes.” I heard a girl.

“Gena?” I asked crying and breathing heavily.

“Sam are you ok?” She asked.

“No.” I said.

“Where are you?” She asked.

“On the side of a road.” I said.

“What what’s around you?” She asked.

“A motel.” I said.

“What motel?” She asked. I squinted and saw I was by Huntington Motel.

“Huntington Motel.” I said and held my stomach.

“That’s not far from here; we’ll be there in a couple of minutes.” She said.

“Ok.” I sobbed. I sat there waiting out the contractions. I finally saw lights in the distance. I
sighed when they pulled over and I saw Gena.

“Sam.” She said. I stood up with her and Zacky’s help. Zacky got in the drivers seat and sped
off towards the hospital. When we got there I was in so much pain. We walked in and the
nurse saw me and got a nurse to get a wheel chair and got me to a room.

“Ok what’s your name?” She asked.

“Sam.” I said.

“Ok Sam this is going to hurt.” She said and put a IV in me. I winced but didn’t care. They laid
me down and hooked me up all the way.

“Alright, your doctor Dr. Whingler will be in soon.” She smiled and walked out. Gena looked
at me.

“Zacky call Brian and everyone.” She said. He nodded and walked out.

“So in just a few short hours you will have your twins.” She said.

“Yeah.” I said.

“Brian will be here don’t worry.” She said.

“I’m not.” I said and winced as another contraction hit. I heard the door and looked up and
saw Dr. Whingler.

“Sam I see that it’s time.” She said.

“I guess so.” I said Dr. Whingler checked me and everything and nodded.

“Well it looks like you are about four centimeters.” She said.

“I can get the epidural right?” I asked.

“Yes.” She said.

“Then get me one.” I ordered and heard Zacky laugh as he walked back in.

“Shut it Vengeance.” I said.

“Ok.” He said and sat next to me. They gave me the epidural and I felt fine.

“Sam.” I heard and turned my head and saw my brother.

“Bri Bri.” I smiled.

“What’s wrong with her?” He asked.

“Pain killer.” Zacky simply stated.

“Ok, so Sam how are you?” Brian asked.

“Very good, I’m having twins.” I giggled.

“Yes you are.” He said. I laid back and look at the ceiling.

About an hour later

I cried out as I felt another contraction. The epidural wore off, or was starting to.

“Ok Sam let’s check you out.” The doctor said. I nodded and she checked me.

“Well hun it looks to be time.” She said.

“Ok.” I said.

“But I can’t have all of you in here.” She said.

“Alright, who do you want in here?” Brian asked.

“Well Zacky, Bri, and Jimmy, oh and Michelle.” I said. The rest nodded and left the room.

“Ok Sam get ready.” She said.

“Alright.” I said. The doctor got nurses in and got everything ready. She put my legs up.

“Alrighty Sam, on the count of three push.” She said. 1, 2, 3. I pushed with all my might.

“10.” A nurse said and I released.

“Ok Sam keep going.” The doctor said. I pushed and pushed. We sat there for a good twenty
minutes trying to get out my kid, when I felt extremely dizzy.

“Try again.” She said.

“I can’t.” I said.

“Yes you can.” Brian said.

“I fell so dizzy.” I said quieting down at the end and passing out.

Michelle’s POV

Sam was doing great. She was pushing great when I saw her face get really pale.

“Try again.” The doctor said.

“I can’t.” Sam said quietly.

“Yes you can.” Bri said.

“I feel so dizzy.” She said passing out.

“That’s not supposed to happen.” Brian said.

“Emergency.” The doctor said and rushed Sam out and to the OR. We sat in the room
waiting.

“I hope she’s ok.” I said leaning on Brian. I am about five months now.

“Me too.” I heard Zacky in the corner.

“We all do.” Jimmy said and walked out.

We sat for what felt like hours waiting for any news on Sam.

“I’m going to get something to eat.” I said. And walked out.

Third Person

The doctors tried their hardest to get the babies out and keep Sam alive, she kept slipping.
The doctors finally got the babies out and focused on Sam. They did everything. She just
kept slipping.

“She’s not coming back.” Dr. Whingler said. They slowly pulled the plug and called it.

“September Ninth 2009.” The doctor said and walked out.

Val’s POV

I sat out in the waiting room with Matt.

“God what is taking so long?” I asked and saw Michelle. I got up and ran to her.

“Chelle what’ going on?” I asked.

“She passed out, their working on her.” She said. “God you should have seen Zacky’s face,
he was scared shitless.”

“Really?” I asked.

“Yeah.” She said and walked away. I walked back and sat down.

“So?” Matt asked.

“She passed out.” I said looking at Matt.

“Wow.” He said and hugged me and kissed my forehead. I looked up as I heard the door.

“Um are you the family of Samantha Haner?” the nurse asked.

“Yeah.” I said.

“Well I’m so sorry but we couldn’t save her.” She said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohmygod its the last one!!!! dont worry I'm working on the sequel.
Have a wonderful day my fans!!!!!!!!!

Toxic Grip~OUT until next time.