Sequel: Second Heartbeat

Shattered by Broken Dreams

chapter 4

I was sitting on the couch at Dev’s place and she was trying to get me to forgive Brian.
“Devon Andrea Erdr I know how much you want me to love my brother, but he hurt me and Zacky’s his best friend.” I said.
“So.” She said.
“So, So he needs to forget what happened I don’t even care about it.” I said. She sighed and walked out. I heard her dial a number and then heard a door close. I turned the TV up. Sponge Bob was on but I wasn’t watching.

I heard my cell go off. I leaned over and grabbed it falling in the process.
“Hello.” I said.
“Hi Sam.” I heard Zacky’s voice.
“Zacky um what’s up?” I asked standing and going up to my room loft thing.
“Well I wanted to know if you would come over later to you know watch some movies.” He said. I was taken aback by this, even though he knows that Bri would kill him for even looking at me he basically asked me out on a date.
“What would Brian say?” I asked.
“I don’t give a fuck what he says, like you said you’re a grown woman, a pretty hot one to add at the least, and you should be able to be independent.” He said.
“I guess then, when do you want me to come over?” I asked still not sure but giving in.
“Well how about around seven tonight?” He asked. I looked at the clock and it said 9:00 AM.
“Sure can I bring popcorn and ice cream?” I asked.
“Sure I’ll supply the flicks.” He laughed.
“Ok, well I gotta go before Dev starts going off about me being up in my loft too long.” I said with a small giggle.
“Kay see ya later.” He said and hung up.

I closed my phone and screamed at the top of my lungs for no reason.
“What the hell Sammy?!” I heard Dev scream.
“Nothing.” I said suddenly feeling hyper. I got on a pair of track shorts and a sports bra and got my iPod arm holder and got on tennis. I walked downstairs.
“I’m gonna go for a jog.” I said and she nodded turning the channel. I walked out and stretched and turned on the tunage. I started out and ran up the hill and past the lake. I ran all the way to the hospital, which was nine miles away. I leaned over out of breath. I walked to the coffee shop next door. Thank god I brought thirty bucks.

I walked in and saw three people I didn’t want to see. Brian, Michelle and Matt, with Val not sitting there she was at the counter. I stood behind her and she ordered like seven coffee’s. I rolled my eyes and she turned once she got her stuff.
“Sam?” She asked.
“Shh I do not want Bri to know I’m here.” I said.
“I’ll keep my mouth shut if you come shopping tomorrow.” She said and I nodded and she pranced back smiling. I heard Matt ask why she was all of a sudden really happy. She just giggled.

“Welcome to Starbucks Coffee how may I help you?” The lady asked.
“Two water bottles.” I said.
“Do you want a plastic bag or a recycled bag?” She asked.
“Recycled.” I said and she nodded and got me my stuff. I walked over to a table and took out water and gulped a drink. I was about to get up and leave when I heard my name. I looked up and saw Bri and a very sorry Val.
“Hi.” I said walking over.
“Hi so how are you?” He asked.
“Good out for a run.” I said.
“Um this is like ten miles from Devon’s house.” Chelle said.
“Yeah I lost track of how far I was after the first two miles.” I said. “but I gotta get back, Dev needs her friend.” I hugged Bri and walked out. I put the bag around my back and started running. I ran all the way home and saw Dev passed out on the couch. I looked at the clock and it said 1:00 PM. Hmm I was out for three hours. I walked up to my loft and stripped out of my clothes and turned the shower on. I climbed in and sat under the warm water for a few minutes before washing my hair and body, and shaving. I got out all clean and saw I took an hour long shower. I got clothes out but got in sweats and a tank and turned on my TV to a music channel and got to cleaning my loft.

I opened my windows and got out the vacuum and cleaned my carpet. But got on my knees for my hard wood and then made my bed and cleaned my dishes and stuff. I finished and it was six. I got dressed and did my hair like this: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/30PRmkOl4ro/SYgwLHnHUPI/AAAAAAAAJog/cRL4bIHscQM/s400/katie-holmes-bob.jpg

I grabbed my purse and keys and walked downstairs locking my door. I saw Dev was talking to Tamie.
“Hey don’t forget to take your meds.
“Where you going?” She asked.
“Out with a friend.” I said.
“Uh huh, you gonna be back tonight?” She asked.
“Maybe.” I said and left. I got in my car and pulled out and drove to the store. I went in and got popcorn and ice cream and drove to Zacky’s house. When I got there I saw Jimmy’s car.
“Shit.” I mumbled. I opened my cellular and called Zacky.
“Hello.” He laughed.
“Why is Jimmy at your house?” I asked.
“Oh he’s gonna chill with us, he knows your coming, just walk right in.” He said and hung up. I sighed and grabbed the bags and walked in. I put the stuff on the counter and walked out to the living room. I saw Jimmy and Zacky laughing up a storm.
“What’s so funny?” I asked and Jimmy smiled.
“Short Shit you’re back!” He screamed and hugged me. I hugged back and sat on the couch next to Zacky. I looked at him and he was staring at me.