Status: new; comment?

Scars Can't Heal; Especially Those From Fangs

Friends?

Dawn didn't reply. Vlad felt an uneasy aura coming from her, as if she were nervous or uncomfortable. When he glanced over at her, he couldn't see her face. At all.

"You guys should go down to the park, the one right outside of the neighborhood that I noticed earlier. You know, hang out and become friends." I barely noticed, but Vikas winked at Dawn.

...So that's totally normal, right? He thought, doubtfully.

Dawn appeared as though she was about to refuse, so Vlad spoke up.

"Yeah, that actually sounds pretty cool." Vlad answered for her. "I can show you where it is." He looked at Dawn, smiling. She looked at him, shocked.

"Okay.." She bit her lip, walking up to Vlad. She seemed hesitant, but Vlad just assumed she had major trust issues or something like that.

"What time do you want me to come back, Otis?" He asked.

"Actually, I'm going to be spending the night here, so we can get ready to unpack earlier tomorrow. You can go home whenever you like." Vikas frowned.

"Why can't the boy stay here tonight, too? We have an extra room upstairs you can sleep in." He offered. Otis was about to answer, but Vlad answered instead.

"No thanks. It wouldn't be possible for me to fall asleep with him in the room. He'd probably kick my face or something by accident. Or on purpose." He shrugged.

Well, it was something Otis would do.

"Well, maybe Dawn will let you sleep in her room? She has a Queen-sized bed, so you'd be able to fit on it, too." Vlad smirked.

Why wouldn't he want to sleep in the same bed as a gorgeous teenager?

Otis didn't look as though he liked it, though. So Vlad rolled his eyes, forgetting all about it.

"Can I speak with you for a second, Vikas?" He asked through ground teeth.

+++

"What are you thinking?!" Otis whispered to Vikas as he dragged him across the living room and into the kitchen.

"What do you mean? I just want Dawn to become good friends with Vlad. What is so wrong with that?" Otis sighed heavily.

"You really want my hormonal vampiric nephew to be in the same bed as your eighteen year old, gorgeous niece?" Vikas looked at Otis, shocked.

"You think something would happen? Dawn is way smarter than that. Besides if anything like that did happen, there really wouldn't be any consequences. And we'd hear it." Otis shushed Vikas.

"I get it." Otis sighed, again. "I guess it would be okay."

+++

Otis walked back to the front of the house where the two teenagers stood. "Well, Vlad if you want you can stay here and spend the night in her room." Dawn frowned.

"Don't I have a say in this?" She asked lowly, to no one in particular.

Vlad couldn't help but feel a little bad for her. I mean, it was her room afterall, and they just moved here. He contemplated on telling Vikas 'Maybe another time,' but decided against it.

"Nope." Vikas answered. "Anyway, why don't you two go now? Don't waste time!" Vikas laughed at who knows what. He pushed Dawn and Vlad out of the house when Otis opened the door, then slammed it shut, locking it. Dawn and Vlad just stood there, confused about what just happened.

"...Well, let's go." Vlad looked back at Dawn, who still looked uncomfortable. He decided to confront her about it and find out if she already didn't like him. "So how come you're all nervous looking?" Dawn scoffed and looked up at him.

"I'm not nervous." She snapped. Vlad immediately retreated, not wanting to upset her. She obviously had a temper.

"Sorry. I just thought you looked it. I didn't mean to offend you." He noticed her glare disappeared as she brought her gaze down to her arms.

"It's fine." She mumbled. They were silent the whole way, until they arrived at Bathory Park eight minutes later. There were few kids there, all of them on the giant playground that had three slides, a bridge, two platforms, and four different ways up to it. It was to the left of a massive field that seemed to be set along a hill. There were young couples everywhere, picnicking and walking about, their hands laced lovingly together.

Vlad was admiring the young couples and nature when out of nowhere Dawn grabbed his arm and tugged on it. Confused, he looked at her questioningly. He looked behind her at the swingset, realizing that's what she wanted. He shrugged and followed her to the swings, sitting on the one next to her.

"It's nice outside today huh?" Vlad asked, trying to break the silence. Dawn looked at him, the breeze pushing her hair out of her face slightly, showing both of her pale-grey eyes that were outlined heavily with black eyeliner.

Wow. She's gorgeous. Vlad couldn't stop staring at her eyes. There was just something about them.

Suddenly, an image of Snow popped into his mind. He noticed how similar she was to Dawn, and how attractive they both were.

It's a wonder how he ever thought Meredith was appealing to the eyes.

"Yeah. I'm glad it's complete overcast until Wednesday. I mean, I don't think I'd be able to live with a whole Summer's worth of sun." She smiled slightly, not parting her thin lips.

Not even a vampire and she hates the sun. Nice.

"Me neither." Vlad smirked lightly.

"So how do you know Vikas?" She looked away, up at the sky which was covered in light gray clouds. That's when Vlad really began to study her body.

Not in a creeper way though.

"He's um.. An old friend of Otis'. We went up to Russia to visit and he said he wanted to be closer so he moved.. Why'd you come with him?" Dawn laughed bitterly, looking to her right at a large tree. She started swinging back and forth, both her arms on the chains.

"I didn't do it by choice. Up in Russia, I was socially isolated. I wouldn't let anyone in my life except for Vikas. And that's cause he's stubborn. My... Parents.." Dawn choked on the word, "Set me with him by force because they wanted me in a place with people. So I could get used to them, y'know?"

Odd choice of words there, Dawny.

"Used to them?" Dawn tensed and the swing completely stopped.

"Did I say that? I meant so that I could learn to be more outgoing." Vlad nodded, knowing that wasn't what she initially meant.

"Oh. That makes sense." Dawn restarted the steady rhythm of rocking back and forth on the swing. "Do you like it here?"

"Are you kidding?" She scoffed. "This place is unknown to anyone outside of it. I'd rather go to San Diego. At least someone would know where I am if I told them I was there." Vlad laughed, swinging his own swing a little bit.

"Well, trust me, it won't be hard for you to make other friends." He said, not realizing he was saying that until after he did.

Ugh. Way to blow it already, jerkwad. She's so gonna think you're some freak.

"Other friends?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♠ ♠ ♠
uhhhhhhhhhhhm. idunno if i like it.

but i'll keep updating i guess.