Some People Think Twice Before Siding With Me

Where a kid can be a kid

"Please behave yourselves" I drew in an unsteady breathe and looked up ahead at the place we were about to head into.
Chuckie Cheese's.
The boy's darted out of the car, each pushing each other out of their way to make it to the door first. We got stamped and I ordered the pizza. I had to make sure each coin was separated equally or I would never hear the end of it. I made them leave their stuff at our booth before they ran off. I chatted with Kelli and totally forgot about the boys until Jeremy ran up to me

"Kelli! You have to come try this!" He yanked her away by her arm and I was stuck sitting there. I watched as Jeremy sneakily got behind Kelli and helped hold the ball in her hands. He had her swing back and roll the ball up this little platform. Kelli landed it in the 200's and Jeremy hugged her tightly.

"Hey there kiddo!" Alex ruffled my hair and made me scoot over.

"Hi" I said nervously and sighed.

"Anything wrong?"

"Nah, just not really having fun that's all" Alex frowned.

"That's only because your not trying to have fun. Here, I'll show you fun" He grabbed my hand tightly and lead me over to this little basketball thing. He put in a coin and shouted 'Go!'. I frantically reached for a ball and threw it in the basket. I missed. I continued missing and Alex chuckled.

"Eh, I'm very uncoordinated" I frowned.

"No don't worry it's cute" Alex smiled and got beside me and started to teach me how to throw the balls. I started to make them and we continued playing till Mike called us over for pizza. I've never seen so many people squeeze into a tiny booth. I thought maybe since the boys were eating that would keep them quiet. I stand corrected. They began chewing with their mouths open and throwing ice cubes at each other. I gritted my teeth and was about to yell when an employee walked up.

"Do you mind calming down please. Your grown men" Now, even though this statement is true she had no right talking to my boys like that.

"Look, you go make pizza and we'll go back to what we were doing and we'll act like this never happened okay?" I smiled wide and she scoffed.

"You can't tell me what to do"

"Well then don't tell us what to do. This is a place where a kid can be a kid. And even though their grown adults it's still fun to act like your 5 again. So just back off alright?" She looked at me through slit eyes and I smirked. She huffed and walked off scowling. After we ate, the boys finished off their coins and turned in the little receipt of how many tickets they had won. Trust me, the boys got big prizes. Once walking out to the car, Alex turned to face me. He gave me the medium sized black bear he had won.

"Alex..you don't have to..." I began, but he cut me off.

"Please take it?" He gave me a puppy dog look and I sighed.

"Fine" He squealed in delight.

"Oh, and thanks" I smiled at him and he returned it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? :D