Status: Finished (:

Impact

Chapter 11: Mr. Williams

When he had met his future wife in college, Robert Williams had been amused to find that they had the same last name.

When they got married, it made life much easier for everyone to not worry about any name changes.

When they had divorced, it hadn’t been very confusing for the children, since their last names were still the same as their mother.

The downfall of the pouring rain that night was hard enough to almost hurt. Robert Williams walked almost ten miles. His car had been towed before, but there was no stopping this trip.

There was a video Robert always watched. He had kept it with him after he left his family. It was a video of him holding Riley and Aimee’s hands, spinning in a circle, playing “Ring Around the Rosey.” He had played it with them at least ten times that day, before he had finally escaped the repetitive havoc of children.

It was the only memory he could keep of his children laughing. The laughter was music to his ears. Yet, it always made him wonder if Riley and Aimee even remembered him.

He liked to think they did.


Finally, he got to the point of pressure he expected – walking up the steps of the porch. He took in a deep breath and rang the doorbell. After seconds, the door opened. His ex-wife looked at him and barely whispered something that he only heard because he expected it.

“Bobby...”
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought that it would be a little bit cool to get a totally different point of view. Someone who should be close to Riley, but definitely wasn't. I really honestly want to work on his part more, but I am running out of ideas.