Death, Blood and Prayers

Blood tears in sweet revenge

Blood tears in sweet revenge

He didn't wait for my answer for one second, he just jumped at me. I lost my fear of falling. That's all that happened as he had sunk his teeth into my throat. I could feel the blood being drained from my body. The bells of the church rang in that same moment. God had planned this, right from the beginning. The man then released me from his tight grip and looked down at me. I felt dizzy and clearly near death. I could hardly look up at him at that time. I had no power in my arms, I was weak. He took my arm and lifted me up to his level. ”Do you want to taste what it feels to die?” he asked and looked me into my eyes once more. I tried to shake my head as in a no, I was only 14. I was too young to die!.

”N.. no” I said in a whisper. He laughed.

”Then I must save you.” he said. I could hear a cracking of the skin, but couldn't feel any pain. He didn't bite me this time? I then felt warm drops on my lips. I tasted then and realised it was blood. I tried to fight it, but he forced it into my mouth. I started coughing the blood up but that didn't help, there was too much of it.

”Come on just drink it, it's good for you!” he said. I stopped the fighting and let the blood flow down my throat and into my body. As the blood flowed I learned more and more. He wasn't human and hadn't been for nearly a 1000 years, maybe less. I learned his name. Then in a split second, we were thrown from each other. I landed on the cold stone floor.

I don't remember much from that moment. It all happened so quickly. I remember screams and pain, but that's all. I opened my eyes again this time to see a whole new vision. I looked at him, he was crying it seemed.

”What sweet revenge you've been to make” he said silently smiling.

”Gerard...” I said whispering, noticing that my voice had changed. It sounded more like singing now. He looked at me letting a blood tear run down his white face. I only noticed now that his skin was pallor than normal humans were. Was I dead?

”Don't think so much about it. I saved you from dying, by letting you die” he said, standing up. He began to walk towards the priest's chamber. I quickly followed him.

”Gerard.. that's your name isn't it?” I asked.

”Yes it's my name and have been for centuries. But now I must leave you. The sun is our enemy and I've gotten my revenge over God for making me what I am, and over your father for trying to kill me” he said and then disappeared. I was left alone, a stranger to my newfound abilities and a stranger to the world. I was only 14, why did this come my way….’

The End