Death Speaks with Silence

Death speaks with silence

Death speaks with silence

'”Hey, what are you doing?” Frank yelled. I looked at him, what was he talking about, I wasn't doing anything.

”Stop changing the channel!” He then yelled and rushed to me to take the remote from me.

”I didn't change the channel!” I said, but I had changed the channel, but not on purpose. I just wanted his attention for once. I was always sitting by the tele, not minding me.

”Yes you did. I was watching that!” He then yelled. He always yelled at me if I did something wrong, even in bed. I got up and decided to go out to the kitchen and wash the dishes.

I went out there and stood by the zink for a little while before starting on the dishes. I needed a break from him. I needed attention. The water was too hot, I had to turn on the cold for a short while, and as I waited for the water to cool down a little, I glansed out the window and suddenly saw a tall, dark haired pale man standing on the other side of the street, looking right at me. I was so surprised and scared at the same time, that I totally forgot about the running water.

I hurried to close the curtains. And then I just stood there in the middle of the kitchen looking at the closed curtains. I knew that he was still looking at me. Who was he? I went into the living room where Frank was sitting in his chair still, keeping his attention on the program on the tele.

"There's someone lurking at me through the window" I said with fear in my eyes. Frank looked up at me but said nothing, as if to say, Who the hell would look at you?.

I ran out the door to the living room and into our bedroom. I sat down on the bed and looked out the window, the stranger wasn't out there. I then remembered that I had forgotten the water was running still.

I hurried out into the kitchen. There was water on the floor and on the kitchen table. I hurried to turn off the water, and as I had done that the doorbell rang. I went out to open the door, because I knew that Frank wouldn't get up to open something as silly as the door. I opened the door and saw the stranger that had been lurking at me from the other side of the street.

”You forgot to turn off the water!” He started saying mildly, almost as if he were in a trance at that time.

”Yes I'm aware of that, and I've turned it off now.” I answered him, and hoped that Frank would notice that there was someone at the door.

”Can I come in?” He then asked me making a move to go inside.

”Sorry, but I can't let strangers into my hou-” I said, but he stopped me from saying more.

”I'm not a stranger. You know me already, so does your husband.” He said forcing his way inside the apartment, not in a violent way, but still against my will.

”You must be mistaken, he's not my husband, just my boyfriend, and I don't know you.” I said and tried to get him out of the door again.

”Yes, you do know me. Look at me. I know you know me.” He said. I looked at him wondering. I didn't know him, or did I? His words had brought doubt in my mind and in my thoughts.

”No, sorry I don't know you.” I said and tried once more to get him out the door. He moved past me and into the living room where Frank sat there not noticing what happened.

”I have something to show you!” He said turning around facing me. What did he mean?

”You haven't even told me your name, then how can you have something to show me, when I don't know you at all?” I asked him. I wasn't going anywhere with him, no way.