Memories That Fade Like Photographs

Dressing Up

Audrey and I got along rather well, she agreed on a lot of the clothes I did. Which made it a lot easier when it came to what to wear tonight. We indeed did walk out of a few shops with quite a few bags. I was thanking god that I had been saving a heap of money for a time like this. I know it sounds a little weird to be saving money just to spend it on clothing items but usually what I do is I wait a while before I spend money on new clothes and shoes that way I can buy in bulk, it’s so much easier and it cuts down on the pointless window shopping.
“So were too now?” Audrey sung skipping along with her many bags of designer clothing.
“Well hair and nails would be great?” I asked more than spoke, she nodded in agreement and pulled me toward a saloon that did both. I smiled. It had been a while since I even thought of cutting my hair. Mainly because I work in a bar and I don’t need to look sexy, though I should, I’d rather not have a million guys watching my every move.
“What do you think?” the short lady asked picking up my hair in her hands. I shrugged and looked at Audrey.
“I think we should cut it short and maybe layer it? Oh and give her bangs.” Audrey smiled politely at the woman who seemed rather arrogant.
“Hmm that could work.” I thought aloud.
“Hun, trust me, it will look amazing.” She assured as the hair dresser ran a comb through my long brown hair.

I heard the scissors connect with my hair cutting most of it off. I shut my eyes tightly. Year’s worth of hair was gone in one day.
After the arrogant woman was finished chopping my hair off I looked up, she had teased it a little and I must admit, I liked it. I smiled and thanked her very much. Audrey took one look at me and her jaw dropped.
“Well if Alex is trying to get another guy jealous it’s sure as hell going to work.” She winked at me. My cheeks turned the color of crimson and I let out a small thank you.
We paid for what was done and walked out, I looked like a new person altogether.
We met back up with Alex who also had a bag with him; though it didn’t contain clothes it contained a small piece of jewelry. “What did you get lover boy?” Audrey asked sitting down on a small bench.
“Just something for Pey, but I’ll give it to her after you make her sexier then she already is.” He smirked giving me a light kiss on the cheek. I felt like I was leading him on. He didn’t have to go and buy me anything. I was grateful that he even took me here.

But Alex’s words sparked the curiosity in me. We walked back to my apartment and talked for a while.
“Alex what’s in the bag!” I whined reaching over to try and grab it.
“Uh – ah, not now, if you want it tell Audrey to hurry up and do your make up.” He teased. I rolled my eyes and hit him.
“Come on you go get changed and I’ll meet you in there in five.” Audrey coxed pulling me off the couch.
“Fine.” I huffed and walked into my room. I found the black and gray dress I was looking for and smiled. I peeled off all my clothes and put the new ones on. Now I defiantly felt like a new person… A better one, but the dress was extremely short.
“Can I come in?” Audrey knocked. I yelled out that she could as I pulled my other heal on. They were leopard spotted and matched my dress perfectly. I saw a gray beanie sitting on my dresser table. I grinned wickedly at it and walked over picking it up. “I’ll put that on you after I’m finished.” Audrey warned snatching the beanie out of my hands. I laughed and walked into the bathroom grabbing all my makeup and bringing it out to Audrey.

“Do you have any black or gray eye shadow?” Audrey asked ruffling through the big bag full of makeup.
“Yes, it’s in there somewhere you just have to look for it.” I smiled when she screamed ‘FOUND IT!’ she looked so proud of her find. She told me when to blink and smeared my light gray eye shadow on perfectly. When she was done she placed the oversized gray beanie on my head like she said she would.
“Well I love my master piece. And I think Barakat would be nuts to not be jealous of Alex, but you have to make him jealous girly. Even if it sounds evil, he deserves it” She laughed patting my head and winked. I giggled and heat rushing to my face. “Alex my lovely, she is finished.” Audrey piped pulling me out of my room.
“Oh damn girl.” Alex looked at me dumbfounded. I smiled and looked at the ground. I saw I figure move out of the corner of my eye and I turned.
“Hey” Rian smiled and waved. I waved back and looked at Alex who put something cold in my hand. I looked at the small white box.
“What’s inside?” I asked tugging at the small silk bow that held the box closed.
“You’ll have to open it and see.” Alex smirked and kissed my cheek. I hid a smile and tugged bow off the box. I took off the top and looked at the small gold and silver watch, it had a pearl ring, two love hearts and a bunch of other little charms attached to it. it was beautiful. I got teary and hugged him.
“Thank you so much babe.” I cried kissing his cheek. “I love it!”

Alex took the watch out of my hands and put it around my wrist.
“Always wear it for me?” he asked “It’s one of a kind and it just seemed so you.” He cooed stroking my hand.
“I promise to always wear it.” I crossed my heart with my fingers. His face lit up and he grabbed my hand.
“Come on babe, we have a club to go to.” I smiled and thanked Audrey for all her work before walking out the door with Rian and Alex.
“So why are you looking so hot lately?” Rian inquired looking me up and down. I gave him an offended face.
“What and I haven’t always looked hot?” Rian looked awkward, like he couldn’t find words to say. “Relax Ri, I was playing. I’m dressing up to impress Jack. And for dear Alex here,” I winked at Alex causing him to turn a shade of red. “Anyway where is Kara tonight?” I asked looking around for the girl.
“Well you look stunning. Kara is going to meet me there.” He smiled cuddling me.

I giggled at something Kara had said and looked at the nice little crowd that gathered outside the club. Well it wasn’t exactly little and we walked straight through. People cursed others screamed Alex’s name. Or called me a dirty little tramp. Most of those were because I was with Alex.
“Alex, I feel so awkward, girls hate me for even touching you.” I rested my head on his shoulder.

“Well hello, who is the sexy lady we have here?” Jacks cool voice tickled all my senses and danced around in my ears. His fingers touched my free hand and spun me around. He looked at me curiously. “Wait a second, Pey?” he asked running his hand over my face.
“Yes Jack?” I smirked pulling my hand away from him and hugging Alex. He looked me over, all of a sudden I felt very exposed.
“Wow, um, you look… um beautiful.” I watched him swallow every few seconds like he was dry in the mouth. My cheeks turned crimson again. I hated how he made me feel.
“Thank you Jack, but don’t you have a girl to be attending to?” I asked looking around.
“Well that would be me.” The beautiful Lebanese girl smiled. I looked at her with envy. Alex’s grip on me tightened. “And who might you be?” she asked a fake smile painted on her face.

“She is Peyton, our best friend.” Zack stepped in picking me up for a hug. I giggled madly.
“ZACKY!” I squawked embracing him in a hug.
“Pey” he chuckled. I looked up at Jack, his eyes still danced over me. They filled with desire, hope, and love. Things I wished to see in him a long time ago. But now I couldn’t seem to handle them. Not knowing what I knew, it was scary, different. Something I’d hated feeling for a very long time. I smiled up at him and reached out for a hug, but he didn’t come. What was wrong? Why wouldn’t he come? I stood there looking like an idiot.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay so another chapter. sorry for the long wait, I've been away.
so i finished this story while i was gone. i think I'm actually liking it :D
so tell me what you think?

Peyton's Dress
http://www.polyvore.com/everyday/set?id=17032552
Cass
P.S Thank you my commenters