Status: Due to soccer, school, and band the story will take longer to write.

Beauty and The Beat?

The Royal Garden.

I fiddled with my pencil, nervously. Why am I nervous? Well, I had to meet the guardians after school and I wasn't that thrilled out it.

I was sitting in gym quietly, staring off in space. I could just see that they'd see right through me. They could see who I was. See what I was.

A sudden tap on my shoulder made me fly forwards, face first, into the grass. I heard a chuckle as I scrambled to my knees. I saw Kukai grinning down at me.

" Did I scare you?" He let out a chuckle before ruffling my hair.

" N-no." I stuttered out, then frowning, after seeing him raise a brow. " Ok, maybe."

" Why are you by yourself? shouldn't you be playing soccer?" He asked as I fixed my hair.

" I don't know how to play soccer." I shrugged getting to my feet.

" She should just have Kin do a character change." Harmony flew out whispering loudy in his ear.

" Like I'd trust her." I muttered crossing my arms. " Besides, if I did a character change with her then we'd have a problem."

" Why's that?" A green haired chara floated out from behind Kukai.

" She hates losing." I rolled my eyes. " Then I'd be in a corner sulking at my behavior after words. Right Harmony?"

" Yeah, first time we did a character change she was in a corner sulking and depressed for about four to five hours." She snickered flying around my head. " Let's do it again! Chara...."

I grabbed her and covered her mouth. I gave her an annoyed look.

" I'd rather not repeat THAT incident." I sighed as I heard Kukai chuckle.

" Oh it can't be that bad." He grinned. " It's better than what Amu did, I bet."

" You wanna bet?" I raised an eyebrow.

" She confessed her love to Tadase in front of the whole school." He crossed his arms in victory.

I only smirked turning my back to him letting a small chuckled escape my lips. " Mine's still worse."

" What happened to you?"

" I sang in front of the whole school, for a talent show, when I was younger and after that I was so embarrassed cause I fell of the stage when I went to get my reward." I sighed blushing slightly. " She's the over confident one that tries anything, you'd think she'd be the stunt girl or something."

" You sing?" He questioned surprised.

" Nope!" I started to walk away. "Not anymore." I lied. " I'm a terrible singer."

" Liar!" Harmony pointed at me.

I shot a glare at her as she hid behind Kukai's chara(guessing). I just smiled at him innocently.

" Is this your chara?" I changed the subject, turning to face then with curiosity in my eyes.

" Yep!" He kept that cute grin on his face. " This is my guardian character Daichi."

" Yo." He winked giving a piece sign.

" I'm Harmony!" Harmony sang spinning around. " Kin would get a long well with you." She paused then glared at me. " But she's at home."

" I'm not having her....."

" Jenny-chan!" Just then something flew and hit the back of my head falling forwards. I was caught by Kukai just as I was about to hit the ground. " Why didn't you wake me up?" Kin was whining.

" Ow! Kin!" I got to my feet, a small blush across my face, a glared at her. " Why did you hit me?"

" Because I couldn't stop." She sighed as I, and everyone else, sweat dropped. " I had to much momentum."

" You could have went into a tree." I sighed rubbing my now sore head. " By the way, Kukai and Daichi, that's Kin. Kin, that's Kukai and Daichi."

" Yay! Another Chara!" Went up to Daichi with excitement in her eyes.

" She's energetic." Kukai stood next to me with an amused smile on his lips.

" Yep, it would seem like it." I sighed again. " Great, I got an over hyper/energetic sports chara and an over confident stunt girl who loves to sing and never shuts up. Great."

" Don't worry. It won't be that back." He smiled looking down at me. " Amu has three characters, so you should be fine."

" I guess." I looked to the sky. " I just need to keep myself together. They should help me, right?" I looked over at him with a small smile.

" They're always there for you. They're who you are now, I guess you can say."

" Yeah." I nodded just as the bell rang. " I guess I should go. I still have to go to the 'Royal Garden.'" I sighed and started to walk towards the doors. " I don't even know where it is." I mumbled the last part to myself.

" Hey, I'm heading there too." He walked after me. " I can show you where it is."

********************************

I got changed into a regular outfit, instead of back into my school uniform, that consists of black jeans and a blue and green stripped jacket. The hood had cat ears. I threw it over my head and headed to meet Kukai.

I walked calmly out of the school. I could see Kukai talking to some other boys. I sat on the top step and laid on my back. I stared at the clouds.

' The clouds seem so care free.' I thought to myself as I started to pick out shapes. ' The clouds seem to take the shape of anything it wants.'

" What are you doing, Jenny-chan?" Kukai asked looking down at me.

" Staring at the clouds." I smiled sitting up. " Aren't they beautiful?" I looked up at the sky. " They change into what ever they want.. They don't care what people think of them. They just be what they want to be."

" You're right." He smiled looking up as well. " They can be what ever they want. Almost like us."

" I guess." I sighed climbing to my feet.

'If only I can be free.....'

" Wow, that was deep, Jenny." Harmony giggled taking her spot upon my shoulder.

" Oh shut it." I playfully rolled my eyes. " Ready to go Kukai-san?"

" Yep! Let's go!" he grabbed my hand and started to run, dragging me along.

" Gah!" I shout in surprise. " Give a girl a warning, will ya?!" I chuckled then got back in pace with him.

" Here we are. The Royal garden." He stopped in front of the green house type building.

" Wow." Was all I could manage to say as I stared in awe.

" Let's go in!" Kin shouted excitedly as she burst through the doors.

" Kin!" I called after her as Harmony, Kukai and I followed after her.

" Jenny-chan, you made it." Amu smiled looking over at me with a small smile.

" You can just call me Jenny you guys." I whispered hiding behind Kukai.

There were three other people at the table beside Amu. If I remember correctly they were Tadase Hotori, Nadeshiko Fujisaki, and Yaya Yuiki.

" Well it's nice to meet you Jenny." Nadeshiko smiled kindly getting to her feet. " I'm Nadeshiko Fujisaki, but you can call me Nadeshiko."

" N-nice to meet you." I choked out growing more nervous. Kukai stared at me confused by my action.

" I'm Yaya Yuiki!" The hyper younger girl cheered running over to me. " You can call me Yaya!"

" I'm Tadase Hotori, but you can call me Tadase." Tadase smiled. He reminded me of a prince.

" H-hello."

" Aw, Jenny's shy!" Kin chuckled flying over to me.

" She gets really nervous in front of people she doesn't know if there are a lot of them." Harmony snickered.

" I can fix that!" Kin cheered happily.

" No Kin!" I stared wide eyes at her.

" From a boring girl to an exciting one, character change!" She snapped her fingers.

" Kin no!" I cried out, but it was to late. Gold #1 earrings and hair clip appeared on me as a burst of energy flowed through my body.

" Hiya!" I cheered happily. " I'm Jenny!"

' Gah! What am I doing?!' I mentally yelled trying to get myself together.

" Let's play let's play!" I grabbed Amu's hands and we spun around a little.

That's when the character change undid itself. I froze wide eyed as I realized it wore off. I turned my back to the other and kneels down depressed. I could tell there was a depressing aura around me.

" Nice going Kin!" Harmony snapped as Kin chuckled. " Now she's going to be like that for hours!"

" Oh come on! It was funny!" Kin flew over to me. " Come on! It wasn't that bad!"

" You can't keep doing that Kin." I mumbled teary eyed. " I can't handle it if you do that all the time."

" It wasn't that bad Jenny." Kukai said as a hand appeared in front of me. " It was pretty funny. We don't think any less of you for that."

" R-really?" I stuttered in shock.

" Jenny!"

We all turned our heads to see Ace standing in the door way awkwardly.

" Sorry to interrupt, but we're going to be late." He paused for a second looking at the scene. " Was it Harmony again?"

" No," I shook my head accepting Kukai's hand as he helped me up. " It was Kin...."

" You'll need to explain it to me later. We gotta go, like, now!" He disappeared behind the door.

" He knows?" Tadase asked.

" Yeah, he found out about Harmony after...." I stopped for a moment. " After his heart egg was turned into a x-egg. I'll explain it later."

" Before you leave we have to ask you something." Tadase said with a serious tone.

" Yes, what is it?" I asked.

" Will you join the Guardians?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if it's is short(or long) but I have a huge headache. I would actually write more but I have an eye examine today and they had to dilate my eyes and so It took me 4-6 hours to write(I had to take breaks and junk cause the screen of the computer looked like they were flickering) so yeah. I have a headache. Now I have to work on the other story. Hope you like it. Give feed back please so I know what to fix.