Dreaming of Sunsets

Chapter 1

Six months.
Six months since the accident.
Six months since I broke my own heart and another.
Six months since I've seen a sunset.


"Sen?" Cal's voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "Where are you?"

"Out back!" I called to him.

I heard the sliding glass door open even more as he stepped out. "What're you doing out here? Aren't you cold?"

I shrugged. "No."

"So, the guys are coming home tonight."

I smiled, nodding. "Yeah."

"Are you excited?"

I turned towards him. "What kind of question is that?"

"Well, let me ask this. Are you going to keep your sunglasses off?"

I sighed, looking down at my lap. "Probably not."

"Come on, Sen, you've made so much progress," he said, taking his hand in mine.

"I don't care, Cal," I said, taking my hand out of his and walking away.

Just as I was walking through the dark kitchen, I ran into something. Smart move. Who turned off the light?!

"Wow there, sorry about that." I knew that voice anywhere...

I mumbled a quick sorry, before turning and feeling my way across the kitchen. "Baby Sister!" I heard Zacky yell. I stood still, waiting for him to run over to me. "I missed you," he mumbled into my hair.

"I missed you, too," I said, wrapping my arms around his neck, never wanting to let go.

"How've you been doin'?" He said softly, stroking my hair.

"Pretty good." I shrugged, trying to give a small smile.

"Sen-"

"Hey! Don't keep her to yourself!" I heard Matt's voice before being ripped out of Zack's arms.

I laughed as Matt swung me around in his arms. I missed my big ol' bear. "Hey, Mattie," I said, kissing his cheek.

After they were all settled in, we all sat in the living room as they told Cal and I stories of the adventures on the road.

I had my head laying in Zack's lap and my feet in Matt's. I didn't need to see the looks on their faces to know that they had had fun, but were happy to now be home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is!!! :)