Dreaming of Sunsets

Chapter 13

Image

Image

We lay in the bed for a while, just enjoying each other's company. I missed his warmth and snuggled into him even more. He laughed lightly, wrapping his arms around me even more.

"What's on your mind, Baby?" He whispered into my ear.

"Just how much I missed this."

I felt him kiss my hair. "I missed this too." I felt him pull away and then lean down to kiss my lips. He planted soft, sweet kisses all over my face, before I felt him slowly removing my sunglasses.

"Don't," I whispered, putting my hand up to keep them on.

"It's okay." He gently moved my hands and finally removed the sunglasses. I felt his lips press against the hideous scars on the sides of my eyes.

"They're horrible," I mumbled into his chest.

"I don't think so. I think you're still the most beautiful girl." I was about to protest, when his lips pressed against mine. He rolled us over so that I was laying on top of him as he ran his hands up and down my back; it was so soothing.

I got so lost in his kisses, that I didn't notice my shirt being lifted. But once the cold air hit my skin, I pulled back from him. "Bri..." He sighed, pulling my shirt back down.

"I'm sorry," he said, rubbing my back again.

"We just started to work things back out. I don't know if it's too soon or-"

"Sen, it's fine, don't worry about it," he said, amusement in his voice.

"Punk," I said, rolling off of him.

"But you still love me." I could just hear the smirk.

I cocked an eyebrow. "I do?"

"Why you little..."

I felt his hands creeping to my sides. "I'm just joking!" I said, trying to get away from him.

"You better," he mumbled into my neck as his arms wrapped around my waist.

"Or what, Mr. Haner?"

He thought about it. "I'll go curl into a ball in the corner and cry."

"Now that would be a sight I would pay to see," I laughed.

It was silent for a few seconds. "You could if..."

"I said I would think about it."

He ran his fingers through my hair, knowing that I had a lot on my mind. "What are you afraid of, Sen?" He asked softly.

"What do you mean?"

"I know the only reason you aren't going through with the surgery is because you're afraid of something. Tell me what it is."

I sighed, shaking my head. "What if something goes wrong? What if they mess my eyes up even more? Or what if things go wrong again and I lose my eye sight all together? There's so many things, Bri."

"Those are one a billion chances, Sen. You have to have faith that things won't turn out like that."

"Promise?" I sounded like a little kid afraid to go to sleep because of the monsters under the bed.

"Yes, Baby, I promise."

I smiled, before pressing my lips to his. I ran my fingers through his hair like I used to, and I swear I heard him purr. I pulled away, starting to laugh. "Did you just purr?"

"So what if I did?" He said, starting to kiss my neck.

I giggled. "Nothing, it's cute."

He pulled away a little bit. "Baby, Synyster Gates is not cute."

"No, but Brian Haner Jr. is," I shot back.

"Alright, alright, you win."

"I always do." I smirked.

He started to distract me with his lips again. Damn he's too good at that... I pressed myself closer to him as I ran my hands under the back of his shirt. "That's not fair," he mumbled against my lips.

"I never said I was fair."

Things were getting a bit heavier, when he suddenly pulled back. "Marry me."

My breath stopped. I pulled away from him, so badly wanting to see his eyes right now. "What?" I managed to stammer out. Was he off his fucking rocker?!

"Marry me, Sen. I don't care if we go to Vegas in the morning." He sat up suddenly. "I've come to realize that I can't just be your boyfriend, I want to be your husband. I don't want to lose you. When we're away on tour and you can't make it, I can look down at that ring and know that you'll be waiting for me back home."

"I'd wait for you anyways, Bri," I said softly, sitting up next to him. "Why the sudden rush?"

He sighed. "I'm tired of planning my life step for step, Sen."

"But what if you realize a little bit down the road that you don't want me... Brian, this is so out of the blue."

"Do you not want to marry me?" I could hear the hurt in his voice.

"I do."

"Then just say yes, Baby."

"I just want to make sure this isn't something you'll want to call off a few months down the road..." I mumbled, looking down.

"Sen, there is no changing my mind on this. I would have my ass beaten to a bloody pulp if I did change my mind anyways."

"Yeah, Zacky would go ape shit on you..."

"Well, him too, if my dad didn't beat him to it already." We both laughed, knowing how Papa Gates gets with his girls, even if they aren't related to him. He still looks out for them. "Now, let me do this the right way." I felt the bed shift, as he took my hand. "Sendra Cathline Baker, will you marry me?" I felt a piece of cold metal by my finger.

"Did you seriously get a ring?" I asked, shocked.

He chuckled. "I got it before we came home from tour, actually."

"So you just knew that we were going to get back together?"

"Well, I was hoping. And I was going to do everything in my power to make that possible."

"Someone's determined."

"Woman, you're killing the moment. Just, yes or no?"

Hmm... To be evil? Or not to be evil?

"No..." I let it sink in for a few seconds. "We will not be inviting my parents to the wedding."

I heard him let out a huge breath. "Don't do that to me!" He said, before I was attacked by his lips. I felt him slip the ring on my finger, before we started to make out again.

I hated having my doubts, but this time... It felt like it was right. Hopefully it would be.

We were both now down to just our underwear. I loved the feeling of his hands on my bare skin, it left a tingling trail.

Just as I was about to pull his boxers down, the door swung open. "Ah! What the fuck?! I thought you guys were just going to talk!" I heard the familiar sound of my brother's voice.

Brian was quick to pull the sheets up around us. "Dude! You're a fucking cock block!" Brian growled.

"So?! That's my sister!"

"And? She's my fiancé!"

"Say what?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taken me so long! Who knew rock stars purred? Lol. Don't you love my new amazing banner?! I do! I love you guys for making me banners! It's so awesome.

I have a new story out - Living Life In A Downward Spiral. Of course, it's another Avenged one, but a little different from my others... :}